Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The legendary German defender is currently in Israel on vacation, celebrating the new year. :) He was interviewed by the local media and said some interesting things, such as his love for Tel Aviv and Israeli food, his time in Bayern and the National team and thoughts about Maccabi Tel Aviv in the CL (He said they played too defensive and showed too much respect for Bayern in the first match). Lothar also mentioned that he's got Israeli friends in Hungary (his current workplace, as the NT coach) and Germany and they advised him to spend his vacation here. By the way this is his third visit in Israel.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Nice to see that there is prove that not only Israel is a safe place to go and enjoy..

its also a place to travel and have fun :)

COME TO ISRAEL AND FEEL ALRIGHT :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kappa21 said:
Nice to see that there is prove that not only Israel is a safe place to go and enjoy..

its also a place to travel and have fun :)

COME TO ISRAEL AND FEEL ALRIGHT :D
Yep, he mentioned this also. He said he doesn't get why people are scared from coming here.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Yep, he mentioned this also. He said he doesn't get why people are scared from coming here.

Lothar for the NT coach of israel?:D:D:D:D

Is he Hungarian?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Bentex said:
of course not :happy:

Not even German but dessendent of Hungarians???

Such as Khan GK who is Latvian? :googly:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Lothar Matthäus looks like a really smart guy. :thmbup:

I wish I could visit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa and some other Israeli cities. :(

·
Registered
15,157 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Oh, dear....:D

He was a great player, is a good manager, etc...

But I've never seen him giving his opinion about Israel, especially an opinion so more realistic and reasonable than the average (ignorant) opinion on Israel.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Look man, Lothar is the kind of guy who will praise anything...not saying he is wrong about Israel, but he was full of praises for Belgrade and the Serbs when he was there.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
PMLF said:
Lothar Matthäus looks like a really smart guy. :thmbup:

I wish I could visit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa and some other Israeli cities. :(

Cheap rates from Sao Paulo to Madrid to Tel Aviv :)

You should go my Brazilian friend

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Look man, Lothar is the kind of guy who will praise anything...not saying he is wrong about Israel, but he was full of praises for Belgrade and the Serbs when he was there.

His wife a serbian!!

And if you saw her, i would priase her :)
nice legs :horny:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Bentex said:
how about him taking Rapid Wien to their lowest position ever :)
Unfortunately I don't follow the Austrian League either.

But he looks pretty bad really. :D

I thought he was doing OK because Hungary beat Germany last year (before the Euro 2004) and because generally a NT will only hire a manager they think is good. Obviously I was wrong regarding Matthäus. :D

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
well regaring the Germany game.

22 players withdrew from the squad he selected :D

former NT player János Hrutka picked the team (he even called up his m8 who played in Hungarian Div 2) Matthäus didnt know who any of the players were.
he was nothing to do with that win... but he takes the credit for it.

regarding a picking a coach that was good?? I dont think the Hungarian FA considered that.

and Partizan??

http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2518032#post2518032

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
The point im trying to make is something like...

Andrija PFC said:

he's the type of guy he will tell you want you want to hear, then he will stab you in the back.

don't be proud on what this guy says about you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks for this information.

It seems he is making his coaching career based on his reputation as a player. :thmbdown:

I hope Hungary get rid of him soon.

In that game Brazil vs. Hungary was Matthäus that selected the players, the line-up, etc.. or was it János Hrutka?

We won that game very easily (not that is per se a surprise but it was an away game, etc.. so I would have expected a harder game than that).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts