Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 27th,2006. Upon a mutual agreement Wanderley Luxemburgo and Real Madrid CF agreed to terminate Luxemburgo's contract. Touted replacements have been named. The bookies are placing Guus Hiddink at 3/1 to make a return, Claudio Ranieri at 5/1, Ottmar Hitzfield 9/1 & Jacques Santini at 13/1. Real Madrid sit 6th in La Liga, have been eliminated from the Copa Del Rey by Valencia, and are set to face Sparta Prague in the 1st knockout round of the champions league.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1/29/06 Real Madrid have named Tyler Tedesco, an American, as their new manager. Real's fans feel that this is a step in the wrong direction and will not bring Los Blancos into the Champions League. Florentino Perez, the chairman is asking for support for the new manager, and is asking fans to give him a chance.
I'm just going to give results in minimal detail for the remainder of this season.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
results

January: Win 2-1 Valencia

February: Win 3-0 Espanyol
Draw 1-1 Sevilla
Win 4-1 Osasuna
Win 4-1 Sparta Prague (Away)
Win 3-1 Racing Santander
March: Win 7-0 Alaves
Loss 4-0 Sparta Prague (Home) Sparta win 5-4 on aggregate
Loss 1-0 Mallorca

Fans are getting bitter and feel that my great start was nothing more than a fluke.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more results
March
Win 1-0 Zaragoza
Win 2-0 Deportivo La Coruna (league leaders)
Win 2-0 Real Sociedad
April: Loss 2-1 Atletico Madrid
Win 2-1 Barcelona (league leaders)
Win 2-1 Real Betis
Win 1-0 Celta Vigo
Draw 3-3 Malaga
May: Win 8-1 Getafe
Draw 3-3 Villareal
Win 2-0 Cadiz

I finished 2nd in the league! :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Transfers In
Player Club Fee
Freddy Adu* DC United £4mil
Cicinho^ Sao Paulo £1mil
Maxwell Ajax Amsterdam Free
Joao Leonardo Guarini £2.5mil
Loic Abenzoar Olympique Lyonnais £250k
Mancini As Roma £15.25

* denotes signings I made during the January transfer window
^ denotes signings made prior to my arrival during the transfer window

Transfers Out
Player-Club-Fee
Raul Bravo-Real Oviedo-Free

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Espanyol 1-1 Real Madrid
We dominated the run of play in this match for the entire match except the first five minutes in which they scored. Our finishing was terrible and we went into the second half down a goal to nil. Thats the way it'd stay until stoppage time when new signing Maxwell gave Raul a perfect pass which he converted into a goal. I was not that happy with the result, but had a feeling that things would get better.

Next up: Werder Bremen group play in the champions league.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Real Madrid 1-1 Werder Bremen
This was a decent match. We still have a problem with finishing. Klose gave Bremen the lead 15 minutes into the match. We didn't equalize till the keeper went so far of his line that Ronaldo was able to launch one into the net from 40 yards out in the 81st minute. Next: Albacete-league

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Real Madrid 3-1 Albacete
This was a relatively easy match. Albacete scored in the 4th minute but it was easy from there. Robinho scored in the 6th & 45th. Ronaldo added one in the 73rd.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Is this the 2005 or the 2006 version? For some reason, in all my games in FM 06 thus far, Real Madrid always demote Ronaldo to the Castilla squad after two or three seasons and then release him on a free transfer.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Osasuna 0-2 Real Madrid
This was a decent match. Robinho doubled one coming in the 6th and the other came in stoppage time.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slavia Prague 1-2 Real Madrid

This was a good match for us. Slavia were an easy side to see off. Maxwell scored his first in the 5th and Zidane added one in the 45th. Slavia grabbed a consolation goal in xtratime.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Real Madrid 2-0 Real Sociedad

A solid performance. Maxwell scored two minutes into the second half. Ronaldo added a goal in stoppage time.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Real Madrid 3-1 Malaga
Twas a game of two halves at the Bernabeu. De Los Santos scored early to give Malaga their first lead and only lead of the match. We dictated the run of play in the second half and it paid off. I love Cesar Navas. This is why. He tied the game for us by putting a Beckham cross in his own net in the 60th. Then in the 87th, he has an oppurtunity to head away a Mancini longball, but he doesnt. The ball goes over Navas and onto Ronaldos foot. Ronaldo does not miss. 2-1! Ronaldo would score again thanks to another longball from Mancini. There were no missed headers in this one just Ronaldo doing what he's paid to do. He beats the keeper on a 1 v. 1 in stoppage time.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sevilla 0-2 Real Madrid

This was a boring game besides the 10 minutes in which there were two goals. I realized how great set pieces are when they work out the way theyre supposed to. Beckham delivered a great corner into the box. Ivan Helguera got on the end of it and struck it. Collauti tried to clear it but he put it into his own net in the 32nd. Ten minutes later Becks had another corner this time it found Ronaldo who found the net with a solid finish.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts