Xtratime Community banner

461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
No I'm not dreaming and here's why. Various scenarios of Lakers cap situation:

If trade happens on July 6: 23M cap space if AD takes his trade kicker
If trade happens on July 6: 27M cap space if AD waives his trade kicker
If trade happens after July 30: 32.5M cap space regardless if AD takes or waive his trade kicker.

To have a max salary room available to sign Kawhi, the trade for AD has to happen after July 30th. A max deal for Kawhi is financially possible, but whether Pelinka can pull it off is another story. His legacy as a GM very much hinges on this.

And don't believe all the BS Woj is sprewing. He is a mouthpiece of Boston which makes him an obvious Laker hater. The only trustworthy news from him are his draft selections on draft nights :lol:

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
Why would Pelicans wait for the trade to happen after 30th July? The draft is this thursday, and they are likely trading that 4th pick, aka whoever drafts that pick they trade for, will want to have their draft player in their summer league program early mid July.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
The key here is whether if the Pelicans can trade the #4 pick on draft night. If they can't, they'll have to sign him to a contract then trade him only after July 30th due to 30-day no trade clause for drafted players. See Andrew Wiggins when he was drafted by Cleveland but only traded to Minny after playing for Cleveland in the Summer League.

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
Yes but Wiggins was traded WELL after draft, Lebron signed late to Clevelands (around august), not in June, so essentially the trade for Love and Wiggins had to happen well after he was drafted. Now there is no face to the 4th pick, its just a pick Pelicans can use or most likely WILL trade to someone else if they arent into adding another young core player if they dont like anyone outside Ja Morant and Barret they will miss out on.

Its EXTREMELY likely they will trade this pick for sure. It accelerates things for this AD trade most likely.

I hope it didnt tho, I'm Timberwolves fan, but I wanna see AD team with another star to see how far this team can go, and if Pelinka has the chops to fill out the roster with bare minimums.

But I know one thing, Kawhi Leonard is NOT coming to Lakers.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
No I'm not dreaming and here's why. Various scenarios of Lakers cap situation:

If trade happens on July 6: 23M cap space if AD takes his trade kicker
If trade happens on July 6: 27M cap space if AD waives his trade kicker
If trade happens after July 30: 32.5M cap space regardless if AD takes or waive his trade kicker.

To have a max salary room available to sign Kawhi, the trade for AD has to happen after July 30th. A max deal for Kawhi is financially possible, but whether Pelinka can pull it off is another story. His legacy as a GM very much hinges on this.

And don't believe all the BS Woj is sprewing. He is a mouthpiece of Boston which makes him an obvious Laker hater. The only trustworthy news from him are his draft selections on draft nights :lol:
Leonard doesn't want to be 3rd fiddle with the Lakers. He wants to have his own team, be the main guy. I'd definitely say he's heading to the Clippers.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
You called it @shiaben

Better for the NBA to not have Kawhi at the Lakers. AD and LBJ alone is frightening. But hey, got another Raptor instead (Green :D)

I like that McGee is back too.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
You called it @shiaben

Better for the NBA to not have Kawhi at the Lakers. AD and LBJ alone is frightening. But hey, got another Raptor instead (Green :D)

I like that McGee is back too.
The Lakers and Clippers should make for an amazing western conference finals. I felt once the Clippers signed Leonard and George, the edge went to them. However, the Lakers responded by signing Cousins. On paper, going to have to give a slight edge to the Lakers since the Clippers are lacking in the big department. And having signed McGee earlier is still huge. Harrell is great, but he's not sufficient. Zubac is a great offensive-minded center but struggles defensively. The guy they've drafted from Florida St. is a rookie so not sure how he'll do.

OKC was eventually going to blow up its team. Now I'm curious to see where Westbrook and Adams will go.

461 - 467 of 467 Posts