Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best and also the most entertaining team in the NBA right now :shades:

Of course a lot of it can be attributed to their bench. It is quite cool how Del Negro has essentially created two very different lineups and Bledsoe-Crawford-Barnes-Odom-Turiaf in addition to their lethal fast break capability is actually the best defensive lineup in the game right now.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
Also the douchiest team in the NBA. For a shit team that's suddenly turned good, they have no humility. I really hope OKC or Spurs punk them in the playoffs.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Also the douchiest team in the NBA. For a shit team that's suddenly turned good, they have no humility. I really hope OKC or Spurs punk them in the playoffs.
How are they more douchy than the Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Knicks etc? They are a good team and everyone knows it. Whether they actually manage to do something worthy for once that remains to be seen but the fact remains that they are truly a joy to watch and are a very complete team.

·
10,888 Posts
How are they more douchy than the Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Knicks etc? They are a good team and everyone knows it. Whether they actually manage to do something worthy for once that remains to be seen but the fact remains that they are truly a joy to watch and are a very complete team.
A team of floppers and whiners. Also throwing off the backboards alley-oops when the match is done and over and just showing up the opposition.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
I actually want to see this team win a championship this year. Punish OKC for lacking an inside game (like the Heat did last year), but more importantly, PLEASE put an end to the Heat in the finals if they happen to make it, because there's nothing more worse for this league than LeBron and an unusual Heat team to dominate the other teams merely because of powerful athleticism (LeBron) and a lack of defense by the other teams (especially against LeBron).

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts
A team of floppers and whiners. Also throwing off the backboards alley-oops when the match is done and over and just showing up the opposition.
Someone isn't watching the Clippers much at all this year, and that much is obvious.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts

LOL Blake.

What a disgrace for basketball this young man is.

Despite his improvement in play especially defensively, it seems like old habits just die hard.

I hope he's suspended or atleast fined for that.

·
10,888 Posts
3SOCNxCzb1I

Flop Hard! :musik:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I was trying to figure out why you were proud of such a flop; but then I remembered you're a Cule.

It all makes sense now.

·
10,888 Posts
I was trying to figure out why you were proud of such a flop; but then I remembered you're a Cule.

It all makes sense now.
I was wondering how come you missed the clear sarcasm. Then I remembered you're just not very bright.

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts

@

Los Angeles Clippers(0-0) @
Los Angeles Lakers(0-0)

WHEN: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013, at 7:30 PM Pacific/10:30 Eastern
WHERE: Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
MEDIA: Prime Ticket | ESPN
SEASON SERIES: 0-0
Clippers Last Game: N/A
Lakers Last Game: N/A

Injury Report
Maalik Wayns (Knee Surgery) is OUT. Darren Collison (Bruised Knee Cap) is DAY-TO-DAY

Injury Report
Kobe Bryant (Torn Achilles) is OUT. Chris Kaman (Illness) & Steve Nash (Neck) WILL PLAY.

Keys For The Clippers:
  1. Control The Tempo. This has all the makings of a major trap game. Huge favorites, brand new coaching regime on a technical road game against guys trying to either show they still belong in the league, or that they just belong period. Can not let the Lakers stay in the game and build confidence.
  2. Rebound The Basketball. This was one of the biggest woes for the Clippers for the past few seasons. Jordan has improved greatly, expecting that to continue for the Clip show. Lakers aren't a good rebounding team, can't give them many 2nd chance opportunities.
  3. Let Nick Young Chuck. Young has been spewing a lot of trash. Nothing would be sweeter than him taking 18 shots to score 15 points. Would also help the rebounding numbers of Jordan and Blake as well, to boot.
Keys For The Lakers
  1. Fast Start. Lakers can NOT allow the Clippers to start the game off in a hurry, or they will be in for a long night. A bunch of new role players that understand their roles, should allow for Nash and Pau to get back to something more than just a shell of their past selves.
  2. Bully The Paint. Clippers lost to Memphis in the post season due to the Houdini act of everyone but Chris Paul (and to an extent, Eric Bledsoe), but the controlling of the key by the Grizzlies was overlooked by some. Lakers need to keep the Clippers out of the paint at all costs, while attacking it themselves.
  3. Close Out On Shooters. Last year, the Clippers had shooters. This year, they have SHOOTERS. Blake, Young, Wesley, Henry, Meeks and Co. can not allow any of the Clippers wing guys to have open looks or else one can expect a monsoon.

Q's Prediction: Clippers Win 108-93
Q's Prediction Record: 0-0

·
10,888 Posts
Yup, powers are changing alright.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
I will give them time, but when boston celtics came together with KG/PIERCE/ALLEN/RONDO They clicked together quickly from the get go. It doesnt seem the case for clippers, Rivers has a tough job here

They realy need to improve defensively, I am starting to feel Thibodeau deserves credit for celtics winning their title more then Rivers.

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts
Yup, powers are changing alright.
Just like the 6ers >> Miami & Sac >> Denver. This was the first game iwth a brand new coaching staff and two new starters and an injury riddled pre-season. Come back in January with that comment.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts