Xtratime Community banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Continue til June 15th 2022, couple of weeks into June won't jeopardise the start of 22-23. 19-20 stopped for what 2 months? Yet season was continued, and 20-21 was played in full.

As for 2022-2023, don't know when it is supposed to start but it can start in its same original date, and be played beyond June 2023. The contracts situation was not a problem in 19-20 when matches were played beyond June 30th.

Anyhow this is a moot point if the new protocol excludes ASL and the league goes ahead with the 13 player rule
For 2019/2020 the lega needed to get special permission from AIC the players union to extend all expiring contracts till the end of the season.

The only reason they agreed to it was cause all football across Europe was shut down.

It also took lots of convincing. AIC made it clear this was a once off.

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
Useless Roma

Bad day, couldn't watch the Inter 'game', an electrical outage preventing me from watching Milan v Roma AND Milan win...

I see Lazio conceded 3 at home to Empoli, hopefully we beat them on Sunday

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
Draw in Turin is a good result for us.

Nice goal Mertens assisted by our ex Politano

Looked like Bernardeschi handled in the buildup to Chiesa scoring

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Roma are abysmal. Their Atalanta win was a total fluke. Will be amazed if they make top 6 this season.

Good that Napoli have slipped further behind (assuming we get awarded the Bologna game or, preferably, we play it and win)

Was also glad to see Juve lose a little momentum. All in all not a terrible round.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
And yeah just to re-iterate: I hope we play the Bologna game. I have no interest in some nonsense 3-0 awarded win.

As for Lazio: it will be scandalous if we can't beat them with an almost full-strength team that has had more rest. Their defense is simply awful

·
Registered
48,163 Posts
Have to praise my brothers here for being sportsmen and for staying consistent re: Napoli vs Juventus.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
I prefer to play it. Just not in the clogged period when we have lfc as is being suggested.

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
Roma were very disappointing vs milan c
Losing 3-1 to a Milan team missing their African players, Tomori, Kjaer and Romagnoli (among others) is very, very poor... and it could have been 4 had Patricio not saved the Zlatan penalty

I see Roma have already lost 8 league games, a very bad record.

Mourinho in 2 full league seasons at Inter lost that many league games, iirc

Obviously that Inter is not this Roma. Roma themselves were better then compared to now too..

If I were Roma I would still keep Mourinho for next season though for stability, to give him a 2nd season.

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
And yeah just to re-iterate: I hope we play the Bologna game. I have no interest in some nonsense 3-0 awarded win.

As for Lazio: it will be scandalous if we can't beat them with an almost full-strength team that has had more rest. Their defense is simply awful
Lazio lost 3-0 at Bologna then went on to beat us the following round, hopefully we can win this time.

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
INTER COULD GET 3-0 WIN BY DEFAULT DUE TO BOLOGNA’S LINE-UP ERROR

Inter could get a 3-0 win by default against Bologna as the Rossoblu mistakenly uploaded their line-up for the match despite not being allowed to travel to the stadium.

The match at the Stadio Dall’Ara was one of the four Serie A games that didn’t take place yesterday.

The local health authorities ordered Bologna, Udinese, Torino and Salernitana into quarantine, so they didn’t show up for their games against Inter, Fiorentina, Atalanta and Venezia.

On paper, the clubs that showed up for the games will get a 3-0 win by default, but their opponents can lodge an appeal and are likely to win it, so games will be rescheduled.

It’s the same case scenario as last season when Napoli didn’t travel to Turin for the game against Juventus. The Partenopei managed to have the match rescheduled, overturning the ruling that had seen them get a 3-0 loss by default and docked a point.

However, a small detail could prevent Bologna from winning the appeal.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, their directors mistakenly uploaded the team’s line-up in the Lega Calcio system the day before the match and forgot to remove it once the local health authority ordered the team into quarantine.

The line-up became official one hour before the supposed kick-off and finished in the hands of referee Giovanni Ayroldi.

The Rossoblu directors at the stadium tried to explain to the match official that the document was only supposed to be a draft that wasn’t cancelled from the system.

The sporting judge will give his verdict today, but it could be more difficult for Bologna to win the possible appeal as they didn’t show up for the game despite submitting their line-up.

---

Hopefully this doesn't happen

Honestly would rather game is played and we lose or draw than get 3 freebie points

Imagine if we end up winning the league with a point, 2 or 3 difference, all the rival cvnts would say it's because of that Bologna game... and totally neglect the rest of the season.

Sure, Inter did nothing wrong and it's hardly our fault that Bologna didn't show up nor is it our fault that they made an administrative error, but still..

If we get a 3-0 default win can WE appeal and ask to play? Even if it is unlikely our appeal is accepted because Bologna fucked up, at least to show that we don't want those 3 points in this manner.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Why would Inter sue against their own interests. We have way more important Inter business to concern ourselves with. This is between Bologna and lega. Inter should respect the final lega/TAS decision.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
I know, was asking Ahmed as it was his crazy idea.😏
Our 'interests' are getting 3 points without playing?

It's not really crazy to want to play a football match instead of getting 3 points without playing. Like I said it would be a pretty nice gesture, even if ultimately it would be rejected because of Bologna screwing up.

You make it seem as if this 1 match being rescheduled will ruin the season. Wasn't Inter v Sassuolo rescheduled? With less covid cases.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Our 'interests' are getting 3 points without playing?

It's not really crazy to want to play a football match instead of getting 3 points without playing. Like I said it would be a pretty nice gesture, even if ultimately it would be rejected because of Bologna screwing up.

You make it seem as if this 1 match being rescheduled will ruin the season. Wasn't Inter v Sassuolo rescheduled? With less covid cases.
We weren't still in the CL last season when sas was rescheduled as conte had bungled the group stage.

Our interests are we will play if the lega decides we have to but we were there ready to play so it's not our problem if the lega decides to grant us the points. It's Bologna problem not ours.

·
Registered
68,418 Posts
Liverpool themselves have a game or two rescheduled because of covid..

I don't blame Conte much for CL exit last season, with proper officiating he would have reached last 16, also unlucky when top players miss easy goals.

I really don't want us to get 3 dodgy points like that without playing, even when Inter indeed have 0 fault in this mess, so hopefully match gets rescheduled regardless of CL or not.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts