·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Looks like it might be postponed

Font Screenshot Circle Parallel Number

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Tbh if Inter had 8 players out I wouldn't play.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
If it's postponed where exactly would we fit it in? Also it would screw with the lazio game as Hakan would miss that game?

Also with wc is likely next season will start early to make up for that period. So extending this season will not be great

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
There were/are plenty of postponed games in EPL, rescheduled games will be fitted in I don't see an issue...

Would be a bummer to miss Hakan v Lazio but shit happens, I don't want 3 points against a Bologna team in Covid difficulty tbh, won't feel right. 8 out is a lot, backups or not, backups change matches/win games..

The main thing is players and public health.

We won the Scudetto last season despite barely getting any rest after EL final 2020, not worried.

As long as this season is completed that is the main thing, and the prolongation will not affect the WC as it won't be held from June-July. If the current problems affect next season well let's worry about next season later...

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,362 Posts
If it's postponed where exactly would we fit it in? Also it would screw with the lazio game as Hakan would miss that game?

Also with wc is likely next season will start early to make up for that period. So extending this season will not be great
Especially not since players have barely had any rest the last couple of years. Players will be run into the ground.

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Lega's current position is all games go ahead, as long as there are 13 fit players including a goalie. So Inter will show up Bologna won't. Game will be awarded 3-0. Hakan will get to play vs lazio as lega regards a game as having taken place.

Bologna will appeal to TAS. TAS if we take the gobbi vs napoli game from last season as precedent will rule in their favour. Game will then be rescheduled.

A total farce

·
Registered
19,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Pure comedy

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Lega Serie A are pig-headed, they lost when Napoli appealed so why go through the same thing again and with more teams when it's the same situation?! Idiotic. They will be made to look stupid again when their decisions gets overturned.

From FI:

"They continue to stick to the football protocol, which forces games to go ahead as long as there are at least 13 players available including one goalkeeper.

However, the protocol had it written in that the ASL (local health authority) had the right to over-rule it and order teams under quarantine."

So ASL were written into that protocol, why would lega refuse to postpone then when ASL intervenes? Stupid power struggle.

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Is the ASL quarantine thing obligatory? If so Bologna have to stick to it and do a no show tomorrow (well today...)

Hopefully Bologna win their appeal and game gets rescheduled, no way I would take 3 points from them this way.

My solution is the best to end this chaotic situation. 2 weeks no football, no groups gathering and then re-start. It's not like the league will stop for a period as long as the one in 2020. And there is no summer WC. Players will still get a decent enough rest after this season finishes.

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
At least our players will get more rest compared to Lazio, that's a 'positive'...

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Worst thing about this is having to wake up for an early game, wait 45 minutes til it's confirmed that Bologna are a no-show then sleep again. Fucking covid. A good way to waste 45 minutes on nothing..

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Is the ASL quarantine thing obligatory? If so Bologna have to stick to it and do a no show tomorrow (well today...)

Hopefully Bologna win their appeal and game gets rescheduled, no way I would take 3 points from them this way.

My solution is the best to end this chaotic situation. 2 weeks no football, no groups gathering and then re-start. It's not like the league will stop for a period as long as the one in 2020. And there is no summer WC. Players will still get a decent enough rest after this season finishes.
How will players get a decent enough rest with the very likely scenario of the league starting early for next season because of the month + wc disruption?

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Next season's league doesn't need to start early, it can start as planned but finish a bit later due to period during WC.. anyhow lega stopping the league by choice is at least better than them being forced to reschedule...

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Back to sleep. Forza Inter.

Let's see if Milan v Roma and then juve v Napoli will go ahead or not

·
Registered
62 Posts
Back to sleep. Forza Inter.

Let's see if Milan v Roma and then juve v Napoli will go ahead or not
I hope for Roma game to go ahead as it will be 3 points for Roma and Mou, unfortunately Juve have an easy game ahead of them, although they just don't concern me in the scudetto race this year.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Next season's league doesn't need to start early, it can start as planned but finish a bit later due to period during WC.. anyhow lega stopping the league by choice is at least better than them being forced to reschedule...
Please tell me how you plan to fit 1+ months of football in without starting early. This season ends 22 may. Remember also players won't get going straight away after the wc they will take a week's break at min. Also some contracts expire 30 June you can't continue past that date under any circumstances.

·
Registered
68,711 Posts
Continue til June 15th 2022, couple of weeks into June won't jeopardise the start of 22-23. 19-20 stopped for what 2 months? Yet season was continued, and 20-21 was played in full.

As for 2022-2023, don't know when it is supposed to start but it can start in its same original date, and be played beyond June 2023. The contracts situation was not a problem in 19-20 when matches were played beyond June 30th.

Anyhow this is a moot point if the new protocol excludes ASL and the league goes ahead with the 13 player rule

21 - 40 of 71 Posts