Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bizarre timing.

Why is this not a Wed evening game?? We then have Lazio on Sunday. Idiotic.

And seriously, 12:30 on a frickin' workday? LOL. Going to be tricky to watch this one, but I'll try.

This is the start of a hellish 2 months of games - one of the worst schedules I've ever seen in my time as an Inter fan. It will probably make or break our season.

Anyway....

Dzeko has COVID and Correa is still injured but Lautaro-Alexis is still a great partnership. Calha is suspended so we have to make do with Vidal but at least Barella is back, which is huge. Darmian is back on the bench.

Font Number Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm sort of surprised Bologna are 10th BTW

Both their offensive (27 scored) and defensive (31 conceded) records are bad and they've already lost 8 games. Obviously we annihilated them in the first fixture this season but I'm still worried about the presence of a) ex-players (Medel, Arnautovic) and b) their reasonable quality in certain positions

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,370 Posts
Bizarre timing.

Why is this not a Wed evening game?? We then have Lazio on Sunday. Idiotic.

And seriously, 12:30 on a frickin' workday? LOL. Going to be tricky to watch this one, but I'll try.
Thursday is the Feast of the Epiphany, you godless heathen!

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
No Dzeko and Correa is bad, basically no forward on the bench but hopefully both should be back soon after this match

We will miss the set piece threat and shooting ability of Hakan for sure

Bologna have beaten both Rome clubs in Bologna earlier this season, so this could be a tricky match after a break. Musa Barrow out due to ACN is good but they still have Arnautovic, Skov Olsen, Soriano, Orsolini... pretty attacking lineup posted by Gazzetta.

Our last 2 visits to Bologna were hard fought wins (Lukaku scored in both matches)

Dumfries did pretty well in the 6-1 game hopefully he carries on where he left off against Torino pre-break

A match we got to win before big league games against Lazio and Atalanta

Forza Inter.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rumour (CDS) that Correa could start.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
Welcome! Nice to see a new Interista on XT

Care to introduce yourself?

It's a game we need to win but too early to be saying that a win would lead to the title, plenty of battles left to fight.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
11.30 UK time, breakfast and football, can't complain. Should be a good game, Inter win this well on their way to the title, post December is always a struggle, win here and Scudetto 20 incoming.
This is the 'easy' game. Then Lazio, Atalanta, Milan, Napoli all within the space of a month. We could very easily lose 2 of those.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome! Nice to see a new Interista on XT

Care to introduce yourself?

It's a game we need to win but too early to be saying that a win would lead to the title, plenty of battles left to fight.
Names Sawyer, supporting Inter since around 1992. Found these forums by pure accident, happy to be here. I am from Northern Ireland.

Thanks for the welcome :)

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Names Sawyer, supporting Inter since around 1992. Found these forums by pure accident, happy to be here. I am from Northern Ireland.

Thanks for the welcome :)
(y)

Greetings from me too.

You've been in it for the long haul I see. I started '94.

Reactions: SawyerFIF

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Medel, Federico Santander,Sydney van hooijdonk, Emanuel vignato out with covid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
9 players apparently missing with Covid for Bologna, all bench warmers minus 2 of them. I really hope this game does not get called off, 24 hours 40 minutes away!

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mihajlovic is calling this lineup a "primavera" team?

Font Rectangle Magenta Number Screenshot

Subs:

Grey Font Pattern Number Newspaper

LOL what is he on about. So 8 members of the team that beat Sassuolo 3-0 away on December 22 (see below) are available.

Product Azure Font Line Operating system

Olsen is on the bench because De Silvestri is supposed to start tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
9 players apparently missing with Covid for Bologna, all bench warmers minus 2 of them. I really hope this game does not get called off, 24 hours 40 minutes away!
Yes, would be disgraceful to call it off when they have 9 of their usual starters available

·
Registered
6,252 Posts

Hopefully game goes ahead. Else we miss hakan vs lazio

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
I have a different opinion. With so many players at various clubs out with covid, the best solution is suspending all games for a couple of weeks. With the World Cup being played in the winter not the summer it wouldn't be an issue if the league finishes in June instead of May. We had a game against Sassuolo last season postponed with only a couple of starters out with Covid (and a couple of backups iirc), I don't want to get 3 points against a weakened Bologna team. It sucked when we lost a derby last season with covid absences. Ok even if a lot of those Bologna covid cases are for backups, the fact that 8 players are out means the game should be postponed imo. Look at that Bologna bench red posted, it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
Panchina: 22 BARDI, 2 BINKS, 11 SKOV OLSEN, 77 CANGIANO, 82 URBANSKI, 66 AMEY

A gk (Bardi, ex Inter), Skov Olsen and 4 random players. It certainly puts them at a disadvantage especially with 5 subs being allowed.

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
BUT having said all that...

Like red wrote, It's not like Bologna will field their Primavera (a la Inter 1961 when we lost 9-1 to juve)

If games go ahead then everyone has to deal with it. We will be without Dzeko who is a big miss so covid has its effect on us too.

The problem is inconsistentcy, some times games get postponed, sometimes not...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts