Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fenerbahce coach Werner Lorant has confirmed his interest in signing Stuttgart midfielder Krassimir Balakov.

Lorant's team may be locked in a title battle with Galatasaray - Fenerbahce trail the leaders by three points with three games to play - but their coach is thinking ahead to next season.

Although the German is still to have his own future decided at Fenerbahce, he is in talks with Balakov and another big name about coming to Turkey.

"I know Balakov very well," said Lorant. "He is a leader. I am going to speak with him about a possible move to my team. But next week we will have a talk with another star."

Bulgaria international Balakov has played in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart since 1995 and has proved to be one of the most prominent imports since that date.

His club have struggled to make much of an impression on the Bundesliga in recent seasons, however, and he could well be tempted to move on.

Meanwhile, Lorant takes his side into action on Sunday against Trabzonspor in another must-win match to keep up the pressure on Galatasaray.

Fenerbahce are unbeaten since January and go into the weekend match buoyed by their impressive 2-0 win at Besiktas last week, with Lorant defeating Christoph Daum in the battle of the German coaches.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Who does his style resemble?

I figure that Lorant planned on bringing some Bundeliga players to Fener, and I hope this guy is a good one:)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Oh no, not another guy in his mid-30s:depress:

Can't we get some young talent or sth?:rolleyes: :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts