Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Real Madrid coach Carlos Queiroz says Premiership strikers Ruud van Nistelrooy and Thierry Henry are his top summer transfer targets.
Real president Florentino Perez has already said he wants to sign another superstar, sparking speculation about who will arrive at the Bernabeu.

"If I had to pick, my preferences would be Van Nistelrooy and Henry," Querioz told the Marca newspaper.

"They have both reached maturity and Henry is at the peak of his strengths."

But it is unlikely Querioz will get his hands on the Premership's leading goalscorers.

Van Nistelrooy has pledged his future to Manchester United by signing a new four-year deal which will keep him at Old Trafford until 2008.

I don't think Totti is what Madrid most needs

Carlos Queiroz
Henry also made it clear he has no desire to leave Arsenal.

For now Queiroz remains focused on Real's league campaign and is keen to distance himself from further transfer speculation including links with Roma's Francesco Totti.

"At present, I don't think Totti is what Madrid most needs," said the former Manchester United assistant coach.

"We have to keep our eyes shut and be conscious of our obligations.

"I think that everyone with a responsibility to Real Madrid should do the same as the players who are being talked about aren't going to bring us any points (this season)."

Due to the fact that those idiots in the highbury forum cant take any sort of open discussions without crying to their moderator to close a thread, i thought that in the spirit of rivalry, i would post this here for awhile. After all this thread does involve the possibilty of ruud leaving. but i think we all know that there is obviously more chance of henry leaving arsenal for greener pastures then ruud, just signed a new 5 year contract leaving. Here you go highbury girls, for all those people that were deprived of reading this quality article posted by yours truely, I have decided to present it FYA and as an added bonus I thought that it would be nice to have it around for awhile so we all can take it in!!!:D :finger:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I happen to agree, i'd be more inclined to question the loyalty of the Frenchman. Once your United your always United, players don't often leave, especially if they are doing well. At Arsenal i get the impression this type of culture is not so strong. I can see paddy and Henry leaving at some point in the future. I don't think the same could be said of Ruud.

If Henry goes that will be a massive blow for Arsene Wengers Arsenal.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
how sad :(

let's all sit around here talking and hoping that Arsenal sell their best player shall we? :rolleyes:

what's a matter,is that fear i smell?

not up to the challenge boys ? ;)

i think you should worry about your own team affairs eh ?

rather than sit here hoping that we lower our standards,it's a good job Fergie doesn't share your attitude. :tongue:

we aint even your traditional rivals. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Quite frankly I think it's a loss to the EPL if Henry goes. :undecide:

I quite enjoy watching him play :cool:, even though he is an Arse player. His contribution to the league in terms of entertainment and skill has been immense, and I don't really want to see him off to Madrid.

Did I just say that??? :eek:

With or without Henry, we'll manage with Arse all the same. :D

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Some people might think that fear is banning or closing a thread about a topic that people are afraid to talk about. :D :D
If madrid want him, then they will get him, nothing that small little one season wounders arsenal can do about it!!!:D
As i have said b4. the only reason arsenal win the EPL (apart from 98) is because united plays poorly, not because they play well. Arsenal only play well when they have it easy or when things are going for them, like lets say against united they might score an offside goal to get them back in a game, they mot need giggs to to miss a sitter to change the course of a game, or they might simply srely on a couple of barthezes finest blunders to win a game. The gas thing is that arsenal fans shoot htemselves in the foot by saying that united bought badly or arent as good as last season...

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
how sad

let's all sit around here talking and hoping that Arsenal sell their best player shall we?

what's a matter,is that fear i smell?

not up to the challenge boys ?

i think you should worry about your own team affairs eh ?

rather than sit here hoping that we lower our standards,it's a good job Fergie doesn't share your attitude.

we aint even your traditional rivals.
I'm not saying I want Henry to leave the EPL infact it would be a sad day when (if) he does because we need the strongest league possible and Henry is an amazing player which Italy nor Spain have. Just that the likelyhood of him leaving is geater than that of Ruuds.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Russell said:
I happen to agree, i'd be more inclined to question the loyalty of the Frenchman. Once your United your always United, players don't often leave, especially if they are doing well. At Arsenal i get the impression this type of culture is not so strong. I can see paddy and Henry leaving at some point in the future. I don't think the same could be said of Ruud.

If Henry goes that will be a massive blow for Arsene Wengers Arsenal.
Definately, I agree. I think that Henry isn't a loyal type of player, you can see it everytime he celebrates. He's not an Arsenal fan, I don't think he cares about the club or the fans. But I do think Ruud is a United fan, I actually don't see him leaving United.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Firenze said:
Definately, I agree. I think that Henry isn't a loyal type of player, you can see it everytime he celebrates. He's not an Arsenal fan, I don't think he cares about the club or the fans. But I do think Ruud is a United fan, I actually don't see him leaving United.
Have u seen or heard any 1 out of hundreds of Henry's interviews? :D

D

·
0 Posts
Hilarous that this is a sticky!!

There's more chance of the horse leaving United than of Henry leaving Arsenal, he'd be cheaper, is more suited to what Real need, and doesn't have the connections with the club that Henry has with Arsenal.

As for Drummer's nonsense about Arsenal only winning the league when United play badly, complete nonsense, last time Arsenal won the league, it wouldn't matter what United had done, Arsenal were far better. Same this season, UNBEATEN in the league, simply awesome, this Arsenal team is the best team to ever play in the premiership and will only get better. Arsenal are simply a class above the rest of the premiership.

D

·
0 Posts
Firenze said:
the way Henry celebrates shows the passion he has for his club and it's fans, he's got very strong links with Arsenal and it's fan, more than can be said for the horse.

·
63,337 Posts
Drummer,no-one's scared to talk about it we are just bored with the same tired old debates,we had them for three odd years with Vieira.

you think Henry will go and has no connection with the Arsenal,most Arsenal fans think the opposite. ;)

unless you have got some piece of information from an 'inside source' there is nothing more to debate.

and to put a sticky up about another teams player is desperately sad. :(

i wouldn't mind so much if it was a Liverpool player,but you have no connection with the Arsenal.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Doc_Rule said:
Hilarous that this is a sticky!!

There's more chance of the horse leaving United than of Henry leaving Arsenal, he'd be cheaper, is more suited to what Real need, and doesn't have the connections with the club that Henry has with Arsenal.

As for Drummer's nonsense about Arsenal only winning the league when United play badly, complete nonsense, last time Arsenal won the league, it wouldn't matter what United had done, Arsenal were far better. Same this season, UNBEATEN in the league, simply awesome, this Arsenal team is the best team to ever play in the premiership and will only get better. Arsenal are simply a class above the rest of the premiership.
tell us ruud, how do you think that Ruud would be cheaper and that Henry doesnt want to leave?
Henry wasnt a boyhood fan of arsenal, ruud was of united.
OK
United dont have financial problems and offloaded becks and Veron for a handsom fee last season. Apart from that they have no history of selling top players at their peak.
Arsenal is in the process of building a new stadium, have had all but no money to spend on transfers but all of a sudden find 20mil to spend on a new player!! Hmmm.
Arsenal have a history of selling some of their top players Petit, Overmars and Anelka to name but a few.
And last but not least Henry has never stated that he would never leave arsenal. he has stated that he is happy at the club, not definitive if you ask me. Anyway players cant be trusted either way.
The only way we will ever truely know if henry would go to MAdrid is if the situation arose. So until stop patrionising everbody just cause you are stuck up on your own opinions. Madrid hasnt triued to sign him yet so his loyalty hasnt been questioned.
I never said that ruud wouldnt join madrid but i question your logic as to why they would get him cheaper (particularly as Magnier seems to be stamping out giving money away) and due to the fact that he just signed a new contract and also that united havent a history of selling top stars, certainly not in comparison to arsenal.
I put it up as a sticky, but still got replies from a total muppit. you didnt have to reply Jern if you didnt want to. it obviously gets to you. And rule you say that like you dont do things specifically just to annoy people.
If you just think a thread is boring, why close it if you dont like it, there is another option one could take, its a free will thing, its called not replying to it!!!:D :rolleyes:

·
63,337 Posts
Drummer i didn't close the thread,i would have quite happily let your mad rantings go on and on for days,would have given me a great laugh if they weren't so boring.;)

your arguments are so biased they smell of fear and bitterness,so there is no point.

it's bad enough having to read well written tosh from non-United fans in the media about 101 reasons Henry will go and 101 reasons Ruud will stay without yours.

as you said yourself ,no-one knows what will happen in the summer so let's wait and see,you will certainly look like a prized cock if Ruud does go,won't you? :D

I will just point out Ashburton Grove worked stared 5 weeks ago in case you didn't know,we have all the loans in place and are financially in tip top form,so strike that from your tired old argument because it's simply not true.

D

·
0 Posts
why would Ruud be cheaper?? other than the fact that Henry is a far better player?? He has far more public appeal than Ruud and is worth more off the pitch than Ruud. It's not even close, Ruud would go for less than Figo did, Henry would easily cost a world record fee, which Madrid can't afford.

Arsenal's finances are in perfect order, last summer they had problems trying to finance the stadium, now they don't and they are fine. The money for the stadium is a separate issue and doesn't affect team finances.

Arsenal sold Overmars, and bought Pires and made a £14million profit, that worked out very well for them.
They sold Petit and have replaced him with Gilberto and made £4million off that deal, that worked out well although it took a few years to get a replacement
And they sold Anelka, bought Henry, made a £10million profit and have become a far better team.

I'd say that things have worked out well.

You say that those three are "to name but a few", no in fact you've named THEM ALL.

Manure have sold, Kanchelskis, Ince, Stam, Becks and Veron, all star players. All left, 2 of whom haven't been replaced.

You keep waffling on about RVN's new contract, Henry signed one last summer, so the contract is a non issue.

Again, Henry would cost more because he's a better player and has global appeal, which the horse doesn't. Doesn't matter about Magnier, RVN has a price, and it's lower than henry's. If anything, Magnier is more likely to want to sell Ruud, than Dein is to sell Henry. Dein loves football, Magnier loves money.

Henry wasn't a boyhood fan?? SO WHAT?? How do you Ruud was?? because he said so?? i thought you didn't trust players. Henry has very close links to Arsenal, something Ruud doesn't have at manure. Becks was Manure thru and thru, yet you claim he walked out on United(which is nonsense, he was forced out)

And Drummer, since you hate players so much, why do even bother to watch football.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
United don't sell their top players unless we want to.Thats a simple fact....just ask Beckham!;)

Monetary matters are of trivial concern to us and clubs don't dare to bid for our players unless we give them permission for it.

Arsenal will be a big club financially sometime in the future when the new stadium is done but right now they are minnows compared to us and a few other top clubs across Europe.

United won't sell Ruud to anybody as far as Arsenal and Henry's concerned....who gives a flying fvck!;)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Re: ......

Drummer said:
As i have said b4. the only reason arsenal win the EPL (apart from 98) is because united plays poorly, not because they play well. Arsenal only play well when they have it easy or when things are going for them, like lets say against united they might score an offside goal to get them back in a game, they mot need giggs to to miss a sitter to change the course of a game, or they might simply srely on a couple of barthezes finest blunders to win a game. The gas thing is that arsenal fans shoot htemselves in the foot by saying that united bought badly or arent as good as last season...
You win the league on merit and not on anyone elses misfortune. Arsenal are a head of us at this moment in time because they are playing very well. I remember last year they were 7 (?) points clear of us, they were certain to win but they buckled under the pressure and the french not known for their mental toughness cracked and we all know what happened :D. The EPL is a tough league and the team that comes out on top deserves to celebrate.

Henry is not any more marketable then Ruud, the simple fact that Ruud plays for Manchester United makes him extremely marketable. Much more so then the unfashionable Arse or Liverpool. The United team has global appeal, more so than any other squad in the world, barring R.Madrid (perhaps)

Stam and Beckham left but can we honestly say they wanted to get away? I'm sure they were both dissapointed but felt it necessary to leave, for whatever reason(s)

D

·
0 Posts
Henry is far more marketable than Ruud, far greater public appeal. He's flashier and more fashionable than Ruud. Playing in London makes him more marketable.

Becks and Stam were forced out by Fergie's Stalin-like hatred of criticism and fear that anyone might be more high-profile than him.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Henry is far more marketable than Ruud, far greater public appeal. He's flashier and more fashionable than Ruud. Playing in London makes him more marketable.
If were talking about Fashion houses and make-up artists, i'm sure being based in London or the South East would make a difference but were talking football here. Manchester United and it's squad is a global brand, no other team is marketted as rigourlessly or as effectively as Manchester United. Sure Henry has more "Va va voom" but he does not have a media machine backing him up and how could he be more marketable then the star striker of the most advertised team on the planet? :stuckup:

D

·
0 Posts
What has Ronaldo got to do with this??

Henry has the personality, the smile, the talent etc. RVN scores goals, but does little else(no length of the field gallops, very few assists, no keepy-upy from the halfway line etc), is horrendously dull, and is no oil painting. Henry, the individual is far more marketable than Ruud, same as Becks was more marketable than Gerrard, it's all in the look and the style. It doesn't matter about the club, it comes down to the individual.

Imagine, while Henry is asking,"Hey Bobby, what is the french for Va Va Voom", Ruud will be saying, "When I'm diving about in the Old Trafford mud, i only use one brand of trunks, Speedo, they're the best". It'd be terrible.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
the way Henry celebrates shows the passion he has for his club and it's fans
I disagree, I think that when Henry celebrates he keeps the glory to himself. I met a Frenchman while on a trip and he felt the same way (and Frenchmen know all about passion). There is a certain arrogence about the way he celebrates. It's not normal, it's like he keeps it all to himself, it's a very withdrawn style and I'm sure if you look properly, you'll see it.

Watch how Totti celebrates for Roma and watch the way Beckham used to celbrate for Man Utd. You'll see a distinct difference when you compare that to all of Henry's celebrations for Arsenal. I know some friends who feel that way about him too. I woudn't be suprised if he turned his back on Arsenal in the near future.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts