Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how about you, but I think I was much more sad and angry if we had lose 1-0 or 2-0. Losing 4-0, missing a penalty and getting a red card obviously shows that it wasn't our day. Yes, we have a shitty defence that's for sure and the fellows played very bad, but we couldn't do anything. It was just one of those days that nothing's going right. I'm even a little bit glad that it happened... it was one of our worse dreams and we all knew somewhere in our hearts that it would happen now or later. We will get stronger from this match. We can't go lower. We need to look forward.
However, I do belive that the players must be punished and the board must starting to plan about the changes for the next season, especially in the defence. Montero is getting worse, Ferrara is old, Legro isn't the defender we thought he is, Thuram is getting old, Iuliano not as good as he used to be and Tudor makes a lot of mistakes.

Must looking forward!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
the team as a whole isnt performing. the defence effects the whole team imo.

how do you fix the defence when you have no players to do this? i mean, seriously, i know our players cant get much worse, but the defence is a physical problem, not a mental problem. our defenders are simply not good enough.

our can our forwards and midfielders play well when they are always picking the ball out if the net and wondering how they can come back from not being one or two goals down, but 3 or 4...

its disgraceful at the moment.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Birindelli-----Thuram----Legro/Tudor-----Zambro
Maresca/Camo-----Tach------Appiah
---------------Nedved-------------
----------Trez----------DP--------

I understand Birindelli is injured for a while but whatever. Im keeping my head up because we were about this far back last year. Of course not playing this poorly, but I will not give up on the season. If you are, why bother to watch anymore.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
We keep talking about tactical line-ups etc....but that wasn't the problem IMO last night. Am I the only Juventino on this forum who questions are our players desire?...it was clear that the Romans were far more motivated than we were!

Unless, the players get themselves sorted out....we could try all formations and it wouldn't do f'all! The players have to be f'king motivated and feel hungry!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Romano - I suppose they can't be any less hungry than they were last night. It can only get better.

I'm with polaris' basic concept of moving Thuram in, who isn't?

biri-----thuram----ferrara-----zambro
camo---------tach------maresca
--------------nedved
----------trez-------miccoli

Doesn't the emboldened left-wing say it ALL? This 3.1.2 would be the OBVIOUS solution now. If only Lippi'd get it into his HEAD.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
!bob said:
Romano - I suppose they can't be any less hungry than they were last night. It can only get better.
Yeah, I agree and certainly hope so, Bob.

I totally agree with Thuram going in...but I don't have much confidence in Birindelli.

I really don't know what the fu*k to think....:rolleyes:. My mind is all over the place!...I never thought I'd be this hang up on a defeat :rolleyes:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Juventus latest odds are 7/2 :eek:

worth a bit of anyone's money,i can see Milan cracking and crumbling under the strain in the coming weeks while Roma have just won their cup final. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
The bet is rather interesting Lizard. If I was a betting man I'd certainly take it up, because I do think that both Milan and Roma will slip and Juventus will win the title.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
That isn't the point, Liz. It feels much better to win a scudetto deservingly, to win it with the Romans playing so wello right behind us would be an insult to Juventus teams of the past - who won it out of pure class and superiority. It's not that we fans are hopeless, we just don't see the point this season anymore. Get it? If Juve now revert to the lineup I mentioned above (or something vaguely resembling it) and start to deliver some stellar performances than we'll be talking..;)

·
63,337 Posts
exactly,it's very hard to win from the front,the media will be declaring it unloseable for added pressure,UCL starts up soon,a few more injuries added into the mix and it can all go pear shaped with a couple of defeats.

put it this way ,there is now HUGE pressure on Milan.;)

·
63,337 Posts
!bob said:
That isn't the point, Liz. It feels much better to win a scudetto deservingly, to win it with the Romans playing so wello right behind us would be an insult to Juventus teams of the past - who won it out of pure class and superiority. It's not that we fans are hopeless, we just don't see the point this season anymore. Get it? If Juve now revert to the lineup I mentioned above (or something vaguely resembling it) and start to deliver some stellar performances than we'll be talking..;)
I can still spend my winnings on sex drugs and rock'n' roll though,no matter how iffy the win. :D

and the history books won't read

2003/4 Juventus(although it was undeserved)

will they?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
please...Milan will not slip up. They have great players and are solid everywhere on the field. they can field their reserves in Serie A and still win if need be when the CL starts.

of course anything can happen and juve may win it, hell, Inter may win it;) , but Milan dont look like they are slipping up anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
and the history books won't read

2003/4 Juventus(although it was undeserved)

will they?
Do you really think I give a flying fuk about history books? I live to watch my team play football and win now, not to recite the number of scudettos they once won in the past.

·
63,337 Posts
but still,you will remember this as a great season,this will be the year you defied the odds,were playing some dodgy football and the sheer character of the team snatched an audacious victory from Milan's grasp. :fero:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Not half as appealing as it is unlikely. Like I said, something revolutionary would have to happen to Lippi's brain for that to happen. All I want now is for Juve to start playing football again.. other things are minor compared to this.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Juventus latest odds are 7/2 :eek:

worth a bit of anyone's money,i can see Milan cracking and crumbling under the strain in the coming weeks while Roma have just won their cup final. :)
JL is a juventino in disguise, interesting:rolleyes:

·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
JL is a juventino in disguise, interesting:rolleyes:
don't dare to try and blacken my name :fero: :D

one team i follow ,well two if you count Middlesex CC ;)

seriously though i think it's worth a gamble,i won money on United a few years back when they were 12 points behind Newcastle,i got 11/2 that year and won loads ;)

does that mean i am also a closet Manc ? :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
don't dare to try and blacken my name :fero: :D

one team i follow ,well two if you count Middlesex CC ;)

seriously though i think it's worth a gamble,i won money on United a few years back when they were 12 points behind Newcastle,i got 11/2 that year and won loads ;)

does that mean i am also a closet Manc ? :D
Gamble on us in the CL, according to William Hill ect. in England they don't believe in us;) maybe it's changed now, but till not long ago we were cosidered winners behind: Man. Utd., Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern Munich and Depo La Coruna.

·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Gamble on us in the CL, according to William Hill ect. in England they don't believe in us;) maybe it's changed now, but till not long ago we were cosidered winners behind: Man. Utd., Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern Munich and Depo La Coruna.

yes Milan are 8/1 with Gamebookers :eek:

also with Bayern now picking their form up, they can be got at 20/1 with almost everyone ,it's a longshot but still :dazed:

also not bad is United for the EPL..7/4 with some,that's if they can sort out their defence,this could be a small consolation for me but i just don't have the heart to make this bet. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes Milan are 8/1 with Gamebookers :eek:

also with Bayern now picking their form up, they can be got at 20/1 with almost everyone ,it's a longshot but still :dazed:

also not bad is United for the EPL..7/4 with some,that's if they can sort out their defence,this could be a small consolation for me but i just don't have the heart to make this bet. ;)
Anyway it's already written, Arsenal are going to win it easy;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts