Xtratime Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im looking to go to Florence around january or February 2009 for about a week or so. Anyways I like to go places where I like the local football team so I can go to a match and was looking for a bit of help. Was wondering if anyone could let me know what's the story with getting tickets as in how hard would it be to get decent tickets (no noesebleeds) for any of the home games during that time and what matches would be most worthwhile going to. Also I'd like to be seated near enough to the half way line so if you could let me know what stand I'd be looking for aswell that would be great. I'll be there with my girlfriend so if you could keep me away from the nutters that would also be appreciated haha.

Anyways thanks for reading this and hopefully I get a bit of help cheers:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The good thing is there isn't really any 'nutter' sections so to speak in Florence as we have a doppia curva stadium, aka we control both ends. I suppose as long as you don't sit right next to the away supporters you will be fine - the other end, the Curva Fiesole, is almost always sold out so unless you know a season ticket holder who can help you out.

From memory, the best price you'll get for halfway line will be around 40e. If you sit in the Maratona, at the opposite end to the Fiesole, you can get away with paying 10e. Although seating is supposed to be allocated, no-one cares. The 10e tickets refer to those virtually at pitch level, just don't sit there and go higher up in the stands. There are some supporter groups at that end of the stadium, but once you are there you'll see they are nearly outnumbered by the American students studying there for the semester. The downside is it is unsheltered.

To buy tickets, go to the outlet in Pza Republica early on and you can see a seating chart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that mate I'm looking at going to the napoli match on the 28th so should be good hopefully a win for the viola:). Do you know can you order tickets anywhere online through English because I just don't trust my luck with getting the tickets when I arrive their haha.

p.s. good result tonight I realy think you'll do well this year.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Thanks for that mate I'm looking at going to the napoli match on the 28th so should be good hopefully a win for the viola:). Do you know can you order tickets anywhere online through English because I just don't trust my luck with getting the tickets when I arrive their haha.

p.s. good result tonight I realy think you'll do well this year.
Besides generalist ticketing forums, I'm not aware of any site that is in English and reliable. I imagine it will be a high end game and as it is v Napoli I would suggest you fork out the extra cash and sit in the midsection AWAY from their end for two reasons:
1) the Napoli fans are nutty and i wouldnt put it past them to disrupt the game or in the very least disrupt your view of it
2) it is calm in the fiorentina stadium as the fiorentina supports have a rep of their own and thus no one of rival teams ever come in force...so every nut on the viola side would prob be nice and close to the away fans to have a yell.

how far off the match are you getting in? do you have a credit card that has a low limit and thus could give to a store in Florence to hold the tickets?

Right now in Italy it is law to present government issued photo id when buying tickets.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice I know Napoli don't have a good reputation but between work and the airlines not flying in on a saturday so I can only make a midweek game. I was originally looking to go to the Leece game but oh well.

Jah- Yes I have a credit card is their somewhere I can ring and pre-book and then pick them up when I get their as I'll only be getting into florence 1 or 2 days before and I don't mind payin the extra for a god safe seat. anks again for all the help.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I'll do a bit of research and get the number for the place in Pza Repubblica...like I said, I don't know your chances as you need to present photo ID. Of course the rules are bent for those who are Italian, I was able to reserve seats a number of times (I'm aussie, but my dad's italo and I speak italian), but equally i saw a heap of American students and tourists told they can't hold things. I suppose if you're nice on the phone and keep phoning back they could do something for you.

As for safety, I wouldn't worry. Just don't confront any Napoli fans but that goes without saying! When I was there last season, even the non-event matches had 2 x hellicopters and a brigade of soldiers armed to the teeth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts