Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
or probably not, who knows how the team will deal with this defeat.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Liternit said:
I wouldn't take this as "real" defeat. We played in a pitch where is hard to score. So I'm confident with our guys.
:smileani:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Liternit said:
They're adults and we were not ashamed by anyone. The press won't kill the team, but the opposite. Now the team will focus all the efforts in La Liga, which is the main objective since the very begining.

·
40,147 Posts
Politician said:
Don't support Barçelona if you want the CL... :D
Yep... totally true. That's why I always think that our main objective should be La Liga. In the CL, we always find something that send us out of it: bad luck, refs, a bad day... whatever.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
look on the bright side......

get a bit of defensive organisation and you will be world beaters. :thmbup:

·
40,147 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
get a bit of defensive organisation and you will be world beaters. :thmbup:
:D Barça? Defensive organization?

This is the best Barça defense that I've seen in my life. We allow less than one goal per match... unbelievable. The defense of Cruyff's Dream Team was even worse than this... :D

Nah... today, we were really bad in defense. I think that we need another CD. Today, Puyol, Oleguer and Gio were awful and we missed Marquez a lot.

Considering the whole season, I think that we're defending quite well. The system has its risks and in a bad day, you can pay it... we did today.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yeah i agree with K4, we never had a defensively organized team, simply because we never had a defensive minded manager.... the fans will simply not accept it, even if we win every match.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Falastini said:
yeah i agree with K4, we never had a defensively organized team, simply because we never had a defensive minded manager.... the fans will simply not accept it, even if we win every match.
If we had a team like Milan, NOBODY would complain, NOBODY.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Falastini said:
you don't need to be defensive to be well organised, just a bit more brain.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Barcawinner said:
If we had a team like Milan, NOBODY would complain, NOBODY.
I am sure the fans wouldn't be ecstatic if the team keeps on winning 1-0, that's my point. Its the same with Madrid, remember when they fired antic even though they were topping la liga, because he didn't play attractive football.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you don't need to be defensive to be well organised, just a bit more brain.
I didn't say we had to be defensive to be well organised, i said defensively organized. With a team like Barca where we attack from everywhere, even Belletti and Gio our fullbacks are always moving forward, my point is that our style of play doesn't fit with defensive organization, having a defense in shambles is part of the tradition :pp

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We might laugh, but it's seriously costing us rightful silverware.. Brazil are an example of a team that's adapted and still retained their traditions. We can't walk around with our heads up our ass anymore..

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
just one more Puyol in our CB is what we need, today I missed MARQUEZ like hell, I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Gerard in and Gio!!!

we've been the best attacking team, and we'll always be.

its one bad day in the CL, its nothing new, it been bad days for us for so long!!!
seems that CL, isn't in love with us!!! not like RM!!!

somehow it just ends when we see it start!!

we did great games, yet we got out!!
JUVI!! CHELSEA!! .. ETC.

we just have to stick with LA LIGA
and get one more CB thats all

Visca el BARCA :heart: :strong:

·
Registered
70,100 Posts
Barça will win the league. I´m absolutely convinced. We are the best team in Spain by far until now, and after the defeat vs Chelsea, our players will focus in La Liga, even with more passion. I think we weren´t still ready to win the CL. We need a team more solid, maybe a couple of good new players in defence.

To lose is always bad. But I´m not dissapointed at all. At the end of the season we will celebrate a title :) And the next season, a better Barça will be there again.

Tiembla Europa! Visca el Barça!

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
We still have to fight for the league, but for me that was at the top of the trophy list this season. We'll keep fighting for the league and it'll be sweet if we take it. Hopefully the players will now be even more hungry for the league after today's loss. At least they'll get more rest, but then we can also thank the Spanish FA for that one. 6 matches in 17 days. :rolleyes:

As for this discussion about the defense or our tactics, I think in terms of defense it's down to two things. First of all, we could use some defensive reinforcements if we're going to stick with this formation. A William Gallas at left back may not get forward as much, but defensively he's very solid. For our formation though, an Ashley Cole would be great (despite the fact we'll never see him in our shirt). We could also do better by getting a better partner for Puyol whilst possibly improving on our defensive midfielders. On the other hand, I think that with the formation we use and the style we play that we'll often times be susceptible (sp?) at the back. What's a bit more of a concern for me is our lack of penetration up front against a side like Chelsea. We had some good chances, but all too often Eto'o was on his lonesome. He's a damn good player, but he needs more support than he's getting when he's going up against the likes of Terry and Carvalho.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts