Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
With football criteria ( ;) ) i don't think a crapper manager has passed from Panathinaikos.

Even PAO's fans know very well that they have not a manager right now...

If they have one,this is Velimir Zaec ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
haha so he comes in, you a$$es don't give him a chance from day one, he managed to get his team, the ONLY team from Greece atleast to the UEFA cup from the champions league group stages, plugged away, and now has won the championship it looks like, where as Romantsev did neither one with his team, and you are still not convinced, as though he owes you or anyone from greece anything, well he doesn't, i congratulate him for making it in the world (or hades) of greek soccer, where there only are fickle fans, ficke management, fickle media, players dont get paid, and excuses for early european exits

Im not trying to pick a fight, but the fct that you dont give him the slightest bit of acknoledgement is really annoying, like you could do it better hah

Oh, and he also humiliated olympiakos with a much less equipped israeli team....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You dont know what your talking about in regards to Schum. Allow me to prove to everyone else why you are talking out of your ass.

1) Schum is a tactical moron. He plays players out of position all the time. He played an attacking left winger at left back against Olympiakos. Essentially allowing their left attacker to have the side to themselves. With 10-man Auxerre, he played ultra-defensive. When we had the best chance to get a goal. When we played Auxerre at home, he played all behind the ball, essentially he tactically is a chicken, ultra-conservative and ultimately costs us games.

2) The only reason we qualified for Europe was not because of Schum. But because the players played Ranger's off the park in the second half.

3) The players do not play hard for Schum, this is evident as we saw their potential versus Rangers, yet they havent played like that ever since.

4) Schum buys shit players. He bought useless Zutautas who does nothing. He bought Silvio Maric who is garbage. He bought Demba-Nyren who is garbage. He bought Epalle, Sanmartean, and Gonzalez who are all underachieving. He bought Morris who has been average. The only good buys have been Munch and Papadopoulos. Sources say he is going to buy two more "Zutautas" from Israel over the summer. If this happens Im sure the fans will riot.

5) This is easily the worst team PAO has had since 1997. The only reason we are set to win the league is because AEK has extreme internal problems, and Olympiakos is even shittier.

-- Schum is easily the worst coach I have ever seen at PAO. The players have no confidence in him, and he is tactically inferior to most coaches in the greek league. We could very easily lose the league title this weekend when we visit a better more deserving PAOK side. I personally believe we wont be able to beat PAOK if they play as I know they can.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
goonis,Schum is even crapper than the one you described.I think people of PAO understood from the beginning that Schum can be whatever but not a manager.Zaec is the manager in PAO,Schum is just a flowerpot,just to give one presence on the bench...

PAO's fans are no way angry with Shcum.They have more important things to be angry for (or at least they think they have) and these are:against the owner Vardinogiannis or on playing staff,against Zaec.The Croatian is the one who chose the transfers,not Shcum.;)

PAO fans have Schum as a stupid.Or a manager that tries with all his heart but he can't...

No way angry with him!:D

·
Registered
497 Posts
okay point 4 tells me you really dont know the true operations of your own club, as the ONLY signing he has made was Zutautas, the rest of those players were bought by the sporting or technicl director, which is what really happens at PAO. Shum has bought no one else, is not in charge of new signings, and that was never his area, and the man behind shum is in charge of the roster, some guy with a serb or croat last name

I wont argue agans point 1 as i dont get Greek soccer in america, same goes for number 5, i dont know the relative strength of your league, what i do know is that your teams are full of primadonnas who are shocked when things dont go their way and wonder why they get thrashed in europe 7-0

and i hope he fills your league with israeli zutatuasas and there will be nothing but them

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I just say that SHUM was a Israeli legend in world cup 70'

and SHUM is spelt SHUM not SCHUM, you Hellinistic people should not go around yidifiying people, remeber the Hasmonaean victory, does that come to minds.

SHUM is also a auality coach, espeially coaching in a hostile environment.

SHUM is gonna bring YANIV KATAN and ELI BARDA to the PAO nxt year:D :cool:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Carpe Noctem said:
okay point 4 tells me you really dont know the true operations of your own club, as the ONLY signing he has made was Zutautas, the rest of those players were bought by the sporting or technicl director, which is what really happens at PAO. Shum has bought no one else, is not in charge of new signings, and that was never his area, and the man behind shum is in charge of the roster, some guy with a serb or croat last name

I wont argue agans point 1 as i dont get Greek soccer in america, same goes for number 5, i dont know the relative strength of your league, what i do know is that your teams are full of primadonnas who are shocked when things dont go their way and wonder why they get thrashed in europe 7-0

and i hope he fills your league with israeli zutatuasas and there will be nothing but them
- whenever an acquisition is made, the coach has some say, however small it may be

"what i do know is that your teams are full of primadonnas who are shocked when things dont go their way and wonder why they get thrashed in europe 7-0"

- dont lump panathinaikos with that garbage team... your generalizations of everything "greek" to suit your poorly researched points only undermines the credibility of your post -- your not fooling anyone

"and i hope he fills your league with israeli zutatuasas and there will be nothing but them "

- whats your point?

@ sharabi

"Can I just say that SHUM was a Israeli legend in world cup 70'"

- doesnt mean hes a good coach

"and SHUM is spelt SHUM not SCHUM, you Hellinistic people should not go around yidifiying people, remeber the Hasmonaean victory"

- No one is "yidifying" anyone, I didnt know it was spelt shum. As a matter of fact, I frankly dont care. WHat the hell is the Hasmonean victory, you know what, I dont care about that either.

"SHUM is gonna bring YANIV KATAN and ELI BARDA to the PAO nxt year"

- Schum is going to be fired because we are going to lose to PAOK this weekend. So we wont get these clowns. We dont need Israeli talent. I dont know if these guys are any good, but I doubt they would eb any better than zutautas or maric, I thought we were going to get rosso, and I thought he might help... but as far as I'm concerned if we need to get better, buying Israeli castoffs wont get it done.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When Ancient Israel with Yehuda Maccabee defeated Greece, restored the Jewish temple and established the Hasmonean Kingdom-where Hellinism was strictly banned.

And I did't say Shum was the best manager, and Zaitantas is a crab player, dat's why M.Haifa offloaded him, he became a Lithiuanian reject!

Keep Shum, you need his Lion of Judea firepower, to help u win the CL next year.

·
Registered
497 Posts
and another thing katan and barda are hardly israeli castoffs. Katan scored twice against man utd in the champions league when coached by Shum at haifa, somehing PAO failed to do this year, and he turned down a move to anderlecht as a teenager, a team that does consistently better in the champions league

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
You two guys (Sharabi & Carpe Noctem) are highly amusing. :D

Having said that, Shum really is a useless coach. The guy is clueless. However, he hasn't got much said in the transfers, but judging from Zutautas, that is a good thing for PAO...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Carpe Noctem, Sharabi48
I don't want in any way to insult you but you frankly don't know anything about greek football. You should be listening to us and especially to those who live in Greece.

PAO is a legendary greek team who has had some big successes in Europe and has introduced players that could really be starters in top teams of other leagues (well, not Real Madrid of course, but sth like Parma, Liverpool, Atletico Madrid yes) He has played the best football in Greece for some periods in the past and deserves to be named as the most succesful greek team in Europe.

In the contrary, this year PAO has played the worst football for many years and this has been mainly displayed in european matches, where the team could not really live up to the situations, they had the worst physical condition of all teams and they couldn't even defend right as they used to do in the previous years. In this way, they could not win, because a greek team can olny win by 1-0 or 2-1 and if you get 3 or 4 goals this is impossible.

Shum is very much responsible for this because he has always feared to field enough forwards to do the job and then change to a more defensive attitude. He always plays defensively and the team doen't take advantage of the opponent's bad periods in a game (ex. the 2 matches against Auxerre)

As for the greek league, it is misleading, because this year the greek teams are in great crisis, with many financial problems and "equipped" with crap players. The level of our domestic league is extremely low and this has been greatly displayed in Europe where the 3 greek teams were the 3 worst teams in the CL (AEK had the worst offence - 1 goal, and PAO with Olympiakos had the joint worst defence - 13 of 14 goals in only 6 matches I think!)

So you cannot try and persuade us that Shum and his isreali players have added anything to our league and PAO as a team. Greek football has great potential (our NT in EURO 2004, NIkolaidis in Atletico Madrid, Karagounis in Inter, Amanatidis in Frankfurt) and the coaches that have passed from the greek teams have been great. If you look in the results 3 years before you will understand. Then there were no Shum, Zutautas ans so on!

Stop this controversy then, because you can never persuade a greek that Shum is even an average coach! All of us want them to leave and come back in the great eras of the past, with PAO nearly eliminating Barcelona in the Nou Camp. It is just a matter of time and better handling of the football affairs by the greek teams' managers and presidents.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Good post Steven. :)

PS-Metaksy sovarou kai asteiou apo to post sou den fainesai gia gavros file.Kai ennow aftous pou vlepoume sto ghpedo (px eimai o Takis kai amolw kounelia h eimai 1 apo tous 10 pou xylokopoun ENAN...aigalewth) alla kai aftous pou sas ekprosopoun sto net (redwiredfans).An den exeis mpei,phgaine sto site kai rixe to gelio ths zwhs sou.:)

Pantws kserw paidia Olympiakous pou oudemia sxesh exoun me ta parapanw.:)

·
Registered
69,732 Posts
Just a question....does the Romanian Sanmartean play some minute with Panathinaikos? I don´t know about him lately.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Kostas said:
Good post Steven. :)

PS-Metaksy sovarou kai asteiou apo to post sou den fainesai gia gavros file.Kai ennow aftous pou vlepoume sto ghpedo (px eimai o Takis kai amolw kounelia h eimai 1 apo tous 10 pou xylokopoun ENAN...aigalewth) alla kai aftous pou sas ekprosopoun sto net (redwiredfans).An den exeis mpei,phgaine sto site kai rixe to gelio ths zwhs sou.:)

Pantws kserw paidia Olympiakous pou oudemia sxesh exoun me ta parapanw.:)
File eimai Olympiakos alla oxi kafros!

Aytous tous typous pou opws les me ekproswpoun egw den tous dialeksa kai pragmatika mou fernoun ahdia kai mono pou tous vlepw! Gi ayto allwste den exw pathsei sto ghpedo edw kai 3 xronia enw prin phgaina poly syxna, dioti aytos einai den einai o Olympiakos pou agapw, aytos einai o Olympiakos tou Tsoukala kai mexri na fygei aytos oute metagrafes tha mas kanoun omada, oute proponhths, oso oi filathloi mas akolouthoun ayto to zwo!

Einai h megalyterh plhgh kai gi ayto ftaiei o proedros pou tou exei dwsei th dynamh me to kanali kai anevainei sthn eksedra me tous paixtes kai shkwnei thn koupa! Katse re file, eisai paixths? Proponhths? Gumnasths? Ante kateva katw me to filo sou ton Aleko loipon kai kseprhxte mas ta arxidia!

Kai oso gia ayta pou lew gia to vazelo ta pisteuw, afou allwste einai alh8eia, ti, na kanw oti den ta kserw? Eimai opws eipes apo ekeinous tous Olympiakous pou den einai nte kai kala Tsoukalades!

Kalh anodo megale, h AEL einai gia A ethnikh!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
GICA said:
Just a question....does the Romanian Sanmartean play some minute with Panathinaikos? I don´t know about him lately.
In the beginning of the season he used to play but he wasn't so effective as they described him (maybe the defensive-minded PAO tactics didn't suit him, I don't know).

Then he had an injury that kept him out for a while, plus PAO bought the Argentinian playmaker Ezequiel Gonzales (former Fiorentina player) and Shum started using him, because he would never use 2 attacking midfielders in the same line-up. So, Sinmartean was relegated to the bench.

However he made some good appearances and scored a crucial goal in PAO's win 1-0 vs Panionios 2 or 3 matches before the PAO-Olympiakos derby.

But he wasn't in the starting lineup for the big match, Gonzales was preffered by Shum.

I don't actually know what you romanians believe for that player (Gheorghe Hagi had told he is the next Romania playmaker) but here in Greece he hasn't shown to be as goog as that and is not held to high esteem by the fans. He looks more like an average player that plays well in 5-6 matches of the season and not like a midfield leader that could turn things around in difficult moments.

edit:Sorry, you are from Spain, not Romania, change my words relatively!

·
Registered
69,732 Posts
SteVen_7 said:
In the beginning of the season he used to play but he wasn't so effective as they described him (maybe the defensive-minded PAO tactics didn't suit him, I don't know).

Then he had an injury that kept him out for a while, plus PAO bought the Argentinian playmaker Ezequiel Gonzales (former Fiorentina player) and Shum started using him, because he would never use 2 attacking midfielders in the same line-up. So, Sinmartean was relegated to the bench.

However he made some good appearances and scored a crucial goal in PAO's win 1-0 vs Panionios 2 or 3 matches before the PAO-Olympiakos derby.

But he wasn't in the starting lineup for the big match, Gonzales was preffered by Shum.

I don't actually know what you romanians believe for that player (Gheorghe Hagi had told he is the next Romania playmaker) but here in Greece he hasn't shown to be as goog as that and is not held to high esteem by the fans. He looks more like an average player that plays well in 5-6 matches of the season and not like a midfield leader that could turn things around in difficult moments.

edit:Sorry, you are from Spain, not Romania, change my words relatively!
Thanks. Your opinion is well apreciated :)

Sanmartean was famous in Romania because of his great skills and technique. But he probably gets a weak mentality. It´s usual in a lot of Romanian players. I think he´s the typical lazy offensive midfielder, but talented.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts