Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my attempt to reach my ultimate goal; general elections to overthrow the high commander of XT, aka Boyo, I have an idea of local elections.

What do you think if we hold elections to select new FMs in the Milan forum. I mean, come on, Manuel (Phsyco) don't know how to use the extra buttons, and he, bar Bern and Izec, is the most active :pp

Opinions :angel:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Absolutely against it, unless the elections are as democratic as, let's say, in Egypt.

Looking forward to a marvelous 95,5% election victory.

:D

·
Registered
62,636 Posts
Absolutely against it, unless the elections are as democratic as, let's say, in Egypt.

:dielaugh:

:stress:

:(

:wallbang:

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pro, or con, please state the reason.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Make it Iraqi style, 99.9%.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
xt is not a democracy and i see no reason why it should be. do you vote for your school's/Uni headmaster? no. Such measure here under online conditions will expose democracy's worst sides - beauty contest, populist count, choosing people who are popular or just for fun, etc. there are no ways you can keep the count fair, no ways how to restrict voting to only those who really care or can choose, it will be a travesty of democracy.

finally - you dont change something that works so well.

and finally - boyo will not allow it :D

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
xdo you vote for your school's/Uni headmaster? no.
In my university (and it is a private one), we do have an indirect democracy.

I agree that it would not work so well here anyway. i like what we usually have: an election for suggesting candidates. That worked well and the management (though the old one) usually took into consideration.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xt is not a democracy and i see no reason why it should be. do you vote for your school's/Uni headmaster? no. Such measure here under online conditions will expose democracy's worst sides - beauty contest, populist count, choosing people who are popular or just for fun, etc. there are no ways you can keep the count fair, no ways how to restrict voting to only those who really care or can choose, it will be a travesty of democracy.
Contradicts what managment claims; "XT community is owned and managed bu community". This is elections, not democracy though ;)

finally - you dont change something that works so well.
That's only because og Bern and Izec's availability; others are either lazy, or have no clue how to use thier privilages :lala:

and finally - boyo will not allow it :D
Leave Boyo to me :stuckup: :pp

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that it would not work so well here anyway. i like what we usually have: an election for suggesting candidates. That worked well and the management (though the old one) usually took into consideration.
Our latest example was izecson. He was elected by us, and management confirmed him.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
In my university (and it is a private one), we do have an indirect democracy.

i liked that one too. But management are still doing so - they either aks key members form the community or ask at the FM forum.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Our latest example was izecson. He was elected by us, and management confirmed him.
I think most of the time the current FMs were asked who is considered a suitable candidate and then we simply forward our suggestions and then the CMs & Admins decide, using our opinions.

You were my next candidate for a new FM, dabdob, before I sensed the hostility towards my person in this very thread for not being able to do something that, as far as I know, isnt possible (unless with a lot of 'copying/pasting' stuff) ;)

In my personal list, you dropped down a lot and you can now be found between N4L and Vidic :pp :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
So can everyone take a part as a potential candidate for this elections,if so i want to candidate my self for the work too :lick:
And I promise that i would sign Petr Cech from Chelsea!
Let the war election begin :pp

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Contradicts what managment claims; "XT community is owned and managed bu community". This is elections, not democracy though ;)
IT DOES NOT! XT is managed by the community. all managers from Admins and CMs to every single FM are posters and part of this community. No body has said they have to elected. The sentence is 100% true.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think most of the time the current FMs were asked who is considered a suitable candidate and then we simply forward our suggestions and then the CMs & Admins decide, using our opinions.

You were my next candidate for a new FM, dabdob, before I sensed the hostility towards my person in this very thread for not being able to do something that, as far as I know, isnt possible (unless with a lot of 'copying/pasting' stuff) ;)

In my personal list, you dropped down a lot and you can now be found between N4L and Vidic :pp :D
I have no ambition of becoming a FM (Unless you promise me a lot of cash :lala:). I just want to see the lazy and clueless ones :cough: :cough: out :D

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
:lazy" "clueless? How do you decide that? Who is one? based on what crietrea? Somebody could just visit the forum twice a week, not touch the edit and delete button and still manage the forum better than someone who is acting like a Caesar with power. Its a bit like lawyers - how do you find out who is a good and a bad one? Results count only to some extend, cause if i take easy cases only, i will win them, etc

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IT DOES NOT! XT is managed by the community. all managers from Admins and CMs to every single FM are posters and part of this community. No body has said they have to elected. The sentence is 100% true.
Refusing to open a poll to see if the community likes the feature of "puvlic groups". Refusing to open a poll to see if the community favors election or the current system clearly indicates that the community is owned and managed by commies.

Lenin ans Stalin were sitizens too :neutral: Please stop the discusson of this point to this. I don't want my thread to be labbled as "Political" :scared:

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:lazy" "clueless? How do you decide that? Who is one? based on what crietrea? Somebody could just visit the forum twice a week, not touch the edit and delete button and still manage the forum better than someone who is acting like a Caesar with power. Its a bit like lawyers - how do you find out who is a good and a bad one? Results count only to some extend, cause if i take easy cases only, i will win them, etc
I dare you if Manuel knows how to close a thread :D

In a serious note though, some FMs act as posters around XT in general, and let others do the work.

Why do you think Stygmata has a high closing threads ratio? Simply, to deal with the stress of managinf the board that Jcamilo should help with :stuckup: :pp

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Refusing to open a poll to see if the community likes the feature of "puvlic groups". Refusing to open a poll to see if the community favors election or the current system clearly indicates that the community is owned and managed by commies.

Lenin ans Stalin were sitizens too :neutral: Please stop the discusson of this point to this. I don't want my thread to be labbled as "Political" :scared:
they must have a reason nit to. there is no guarantee that if they are elected such demands will be met a 100%. they cant grant all your crazy ideas you know :D you are leading an empty, pointless, stubborn fight. no one needs elections at XT. XT is fine as it is, elections will increase dramatically the chances of its dead. what will be next - parties? Polls? preliminaries? its a crazy and dangerous road to go down ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.