Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About time I started a thread about this. In case anyone cared, the thread for last year's lot can still be found here:

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201044

Anyway, this year we've got a truck-load of players off on loan or half-share, so it's going to be very difficult to follow them all. However, there's a guy over at sampdoria.tk who does a pretty good job doing it, so I'll report anything interesting, especially about those playing in serie B. Right, here's a full list:

Serie A

Foti (FW) -> Udinese (half-shar), though will leave

Serie B

Bastrini (CB) -> Sassuolo
Bianco (LB/LM) -> Empoli (half-share)
Padelli (GK) -> Avellino
Koman (CM) -> Avellino
Cacciatore (RB/RM?) -> Triestina
Lanzoni (CB) -> Bari
Miglionico (CB) -> Livorno
Artipoli (CB) -> Modena (half-share with Lazio)
Soddimo (RM) -> Ancona

Serie C1 (or whatever the f**k it's called now)

Cucciniello (CM) -> Perugia
Ferrari G. (FW) -> Perugia
Scappini (FW) -> Ternana (half-share)
Signori (CM) -> Foligno
Castellazzi (CM) -> Ternana
Da Mota (CM) -> Taranto
Romeo (FW) -> Legnano (half-share)
Enow (RB) -> Legnano
Virdis (FW) -> Legnano
Calzi (CM) -> Ravenna (half-share)

Serie C2

Arnulfo (FW) -> Cuiopelli Cappiano
Diarra (FW) -> Catanzaro (half-share)
Ustulin (CB) -> San Marino (half-share)
Ciancio (CB) -> Alessandria
Taormina (LB/LM) -> Como
Donato (CB, Pavia) - > Pavia (half-share)
Di Gennaro (GK) -> Valenzana (half-share)

The good news so far is that, unlike last year, a lot of the above (including Cacciatore, Soddimo, Artipoli, Bianco, Koman in serie B) have made positive starts in friendlies and the Coppa Italia and look to be part of their manager's plans. Hopefully that'll continue..

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slightly disconcerting news today, in that Avellino have bought De Zerbi off Napoli, who would seem like direct competion for Koman (who started Avellino's first game of the season), while Sassuolo signed Roma's Andreolli today, who's direct competition for Bastrini (who was on the bench after a spell out injured).

I realise none of our players should be guaranteed first team places wherever they go, but if we are going to loan out our players they should go to teams who believe they can do a good job and not just make up the numbers.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I hear Foti has gone on loan to Treviso.

Also, Poli has gone to Sassuolo on loan. I'm not sure what to think of this because I thought he was ready to hit the big time with us. I guess there are too many seniors ahead of him, and he really needs to be playing. But Sassuolo? I guess they are in serie B after all...

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
I fear that Andreolli will steal the place of Bastrini among the reserves. I hope that Poli will be luckier. Like zuenotto, I'm a bit worried for the number of older players Sassuolo have a midfield. Filkor, a Hungarian midfielder of Inter's academy, 1988, is on the bench.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, well we'll see. This year things look slightly better than the last with Koman, Cacciatore, & Miglionico starting in serie B at the week-end. The rest were on the bench or injured (Lanzoni, Soddimo). In serie C goals for Scappini & Virdis.

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
One problem is the huge roster of almost all the clubs. I have just visited the official site of Ternana and have found that there are 40 (!!!!) players in their roster. Riganò has just joined and will be a problem for Scappini, even if Scappini has scored one in the first game. Castellazzi in the first game was a reserve... which is not bad considering that 22 players every week will be on the stands!

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
OT as Kalu left on a full transfer: Kalu is now a regular in the starting lineup of Bellinzona. He has even scored one goal in the 2nd preliminary round of UEFA Cup to Dnipro. Bellinzona qualified to the 1st round of UEFA Cup and now will face Galatasaray.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one, Padelli.

I don't know which other of our players played in serie B tonight, but at the week-end Poli made his debut for Sassuolo and was praised by their choach, so hopefully things will work out for him there.

Elsewhere Koman has been playing a descent amount at Avellino, Foti has been starting at Treviso (but no goals so far), and Cacciatore is a regular at Triestina. The rest have mainly been on the bench so far, apart from Lanzoni who's injured at Bari.

In serie C the main positive note is Scappini, who's already scored 3 or 4 goals for Ternana. Virdis, Rossini, Signori, and Ciancio also seem to be regulars so far for their teams this season, while the rest have mainly been on the bench, although sadly a few can't even make that..

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
I must correct my previous post on Padelli, the goal he conceded was absurd but probably Rodrigo Defendi had the biggest fault. Infact Defendi made a pass back to Padelli which was too short and forced Padelli into a difficult situation. Probably a more expert goalie would have kicked the ball out. Padelli instead opted for the long ball forward and hit Valeri, the ball rebounded on the Australian player of Grosseto and entered the goal.
Anyway, Padelli wasted a big opportunity to convince the coach Incocciati and this is a pity cause the goalie who is forcing Padelli on the bench, Gragnaniello, is worse than Padelli.

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Breaking news: Volta has scored one goal today! And had a great performance in defense too.
Enthusiastic comments for him in the forums of the supporters of Vicenza. This was his first game of the season. Well done, Massimo. :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a shame Poli only came on for the last 10 minutes of that game.. hopefully he'll break into the first team soon, but with Sassuolo doing so well it'll be difficult, for for him and Bastrini.

Not a great Saturday elsewhere for Samp's loanees, only Cacciatore played 90 minutes, while Soddimo, Foti, and Artipoli had a slice of a game.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Avellino have changed manager.. hopefully things will improve for Koman & Padelli, as at the moment the club looks like a bit of a shambles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts