Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do we have for the LMF spot in Pekerass 4-3-1-2 squad? I know Sorin is the starter there, but since Heinze is injured, Sorin must move back to LB for now. Kily is crap and for some reason Solari never gets picked (both for club and international, what a shame!). Cambiasso can play there like he did in England game, but that is not his best played position. What about D'Alessandro? Probably not defensive enough, eh? Then who else we got? Santana is good but can he run back for the ball as well? And no, Messi cannot play as the LMF. First he never plays on left side and second this is a part of a back 3 midfield, Messi is an attacking midfielder/forward! This goes for Aimar as well.

The right side is loaded with talent-Lucho, Maxi, Messi, Santana, and Zanetti- but the left side looks weak imo. I wish Solari, Santana, and D'Alessandro get picked but that won't be happening bc Pekerass does not like them. Man this sucks. :(

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
sorin will play left back

players who cna play there are kily, bilos, and in my opinion, messi.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Your questions should get answered in a few days in the game against Croatia.

I'd have loved to see Solari in that position more than anyone but I think it might be Kily (thinking of the Arg x Bra (3-1) game in BA). Kily should be okay but he has a tendency to get unnecessary yellows like Samuel (well that is another topic all together). And Sorin needs to remember that he is a LB and not a LMF (the position he plays in Villarreal). If Kily is suspended who will get that position is another interesting question. My hope is that we will find all this information on Mar 1 from Basel and Pekerman decides to stop experimenting.

Also, I heard we are trying to find more friendlies before the worldcup. Anyone knows anything about it?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Surely Lucho Gonzalez!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Vaughany said:
Surely Lucho Gonzalez!
last time he played on left he was crap.
anyway play the players in the best positions, what next play riquelme uo front, no.

keep lucho on r8 and if u want a prope left winger, u have to wait til new manager, cos pekerman will play cambiassso, who os good at hgis job, but not a left winger, sorry.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yea it seems like dammage is right, pekeridiot doesn't want a pure skillful left winger. No Solari, no Santana, no Bilos, no D'Alessandro. If he sticks with Kily, I'm going to be pissed!

on another note, Aimar plays some of the best football I've seen on the left wing, despite that not being his position. maybe he'll play their next to Roman, damn that would be awesome! imagine those two with Messi on the right and Crespo as the pure striker, havoc time baby! doubt their coach will let that happen, too offensive for his taste.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
pekeridiot doesn't want a pure skillful left winger. No Solari, no Santana, no Bilos, no D'Alessandro
None of them are left wingers, as much can be left flank midfielders. Pekerman doesn't like too much to play with wings, because precisly we don't have really great quality pure left wingers.

He might use Messi in that position in a Rikjaard sort of use of the kid.

BTW the Aimar-Riquelme duo was invented by Pekeridiot, if he used it or not in the WC? will depend on the form and rival in front. Tell me since when you follow Pekerman's career since yesterday? don't need of punding man, but stop with the Pekeridiot when you are using examples of what precisly this suppose idiot brought back to argentine football with his work since the Youth cathegories.

This is not precisly an aspect to critize Pekerman, he like soffensive football, technich above everything, and made even once a midefield with: Romagnoli-D'Alessandro-MAxi rodriguez, and Saviola upfront (2001, no matter Tocalli was there, that was the hand of pekerman).

That I see him a bit worried of Argentina's defensive behaviour with an Aimar style of player, and mainly because of Aimar's constant ups and lows, is true. But if Aoimar finds his best form, and he manages to somehow reinforce the midfield, he may try again what he used in the Youth WC. Will be great indeed.

Today? I will kill to see Roman-Aimar Messi-Tevez upfront, obviously that possibility seems far, but also is far to call Pekerman an idiot for probably ot using it.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Wel said Fangio :thumbsup:

Fangio said:
None of them are left wingers, as much can be left flank midfielders. Pekerman doesn't like too much to play with wings, because precisly we don't have really great quality pure left wingers.

He might use Messi in that position in a Rikjaard sort of use of the kid.

BTW the Aimar-Riquelme duo was invented by Pekeridiot, if he used it or not in the WC? will depend on the form and rival in front. Tell me since when you follow Pekerman's career since yesterday? don't need of punding man, but stop with the Pekeridiot when you are using examples of what precisly this suppose idiot brought back to argentine football with his work since the Youth cathegories.

This is not precisly an aspect to critize Pekerman, he like soffensive football, technich above everything, and made even once a midefield with: Romagnoli-D'Alessandro-MAxi rodriguez, and Saviola upfront (2001, no matter Tocalli was there, that was the hand of pekerman).

That I see him a bit worried of Argentina's defensive behaviour with an Aimar style of player, and mainly because of Aimar's constant ups and lows, is true. But if Aoimar finds his best form, and he manages to somehow reinforce the midfield, he may try again what he used in the Youth WC. Will be great indeed.

Today? I will kill to see Roman-Aimar Messi-Tevez upfront, obviously that possibility seems far, but also is far to call Pekerman an idiot for probably ot using it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Kily, Solari, and Bilos (from what I hear) are all left wingers. In the case of Kily and Solari, that is there prefered and most production position. D'Alessandro is a playmaker, but the reason why I added him to that list is because he plays pretty well in an advanced left sided positon. So does Aimar and in his case, he's the most productive and entertaining there imo. Santana is a right sided midfielder, but has changed to a left winger for Palermo this season and is one of their most productive players.

The main problem me and most Argie fans have of Pekeridiot (I'll call him what I want) is that he is way too unsure on what he wants. For example, look at the squad he fixed for Brazil in Buenos Aires. Near perfect! And look at the result! Then the Conf. Cup came. OMG! Why test players such as Bernardi, Placente, Figeuroa, and Delgado, ESPECIALLY in the finals? All these players were crap before the tournament and proved to be crap coming out. He chose to bench Tevez and Aimar most of the time when they could of won the tourney with the services of Roman. And what was his obession with Bernardi? That guy got some low ratings for hardly doing nothing of the field when he had Santana to chose from, who shined the small amounts of time he had to showcase his skills. And now Santana is playing a major role in Palermo, but still Pekeridiot choses to unacknowledge his success. At least the squad for Croatia looks good, but no Zanetti. He needs to start playing his core team together ASAP and hopefully he'll get Heinze, Ayala, and Macshe back soon.

The only positive thing I have seen from this coach is what you stated he invented, the partnership of Aimar and Roman. However, it is something he doesn't prefer and it is something he might not even like. In the Conf. Cup it turned out to be a good partnership, however, the coach was very hesitant to use it as he put Aimar always in the later stages of the game. And he hasn't used those two together since. Bad news for Aimar and real bad news for D'Alessandro because now he is the third stringer, :(.

I forsee Pekerman getting a lot of heat for his picked formation. His favored formation is the 4-3-1-2. With that, you have to leave out three of Roman, Aimar, Messi, Saviola, or Tevez. Oh man the media will eat him up on that one. You say he has an offensive flair to his game? When a country has offensive stars such as Crespo, Tevez, Messi, Roman, Aimar, Saviola, D'Alessandro, Ortega, Solari, Gallardo, Santana, Veron, Maxi, Bilos, Aguerio, and list goes on!, and chooses that formation to accomidate those players! You are surely leaving a lot of good talent out. He simply has changed his philosophy. Maybe it'll work out in Pererman's favor, because Bielsa's offensive style was a disaster. We'll see...

·
Registered
526 Posts
As you may recall, in the qualifier against Peru Tevez came in for Kily in left midfielder's position and, despite the poor result, our play was quite good with Crespo and Messi up front.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
lulletc said:
As you may recall, in the qualifier against Peru Tevez came in for Kily in left midfielder's position and, despite the poor result, our play was quite good with Crespo and Messi up front.
as u recall before that, and before confeds, we killed brazil, and our play was quite good that match. then y doesnt pekeridiot play that sameteam again. its funny cos he hasnt played that exact same team since and now he worried about his team. i seriously think he has a short term memory problem. i bet he even forgot to go to germany for draw lol.
and he forgot how poor coloccini has been playing for nt. and he forgot saviolas performances have ben ace for argentina.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Kily, Solari, and Bilos (from what I hear) are all left wingers
They are carrileros a la Bilardo, but a pure winger is a Houseman, a C.Delgado, the first Ortega...the thing is that I might be worng, more than probably, but I understood winger = wing, puntero.

For example, look at the squad he fixed for Brazil in Buenos Aires. Near perfect!
Nope, FAR FROM IT, the key always for me is notice the bad aspects, in the good moments, bad ones? only end in: IS ALL SHIT conclussions.

I know I'm a pain in the arse, amargo in Loco's words, hahaha; But I like to see the flaws in sweet moments to avoid the problems later, ex?:
my Villareal thread, when I said Messi should started in Barca very young, when I said Xavi si not a ONE mid holder, when I said Roman was bad use, when I said in what conduitions Roman perjudicates teh team if not well surrounded, when I marked Adriano's flaws that should be solve, the claims of the "Insuas" of the moment for the NT...etc... etc... I can handle the heat.

I don't expect to be much understand when I say either that Crespo many times kills the passing game of the team. Is not that I'm right, but I like to see details of clear malfunction, that after can become major problems, I agree many of your points, BUT is nt taht is to have such rage against Pekerman, he still is 3 months ahead the WC, let's wait and see. Till today? he didn't made in my view, in cold mood (I was mad in Confed squad configuration, my worst nightmare happened) idiotic things, he is quite calm, and good fella, and choosing above everything a majority of ytechnical players, for me the base of any great achievment in football, then comes everything else.

I acn see even wrong acussations for instance on a great player like Lucho Gonzalez if he doesn't have another Monumental day in the MOnumental like the one against Brazil; the characteristics of Lucho? aren't the best to join with Roman in ooffensive, nor Maxi Rodriguez. A full form Aimar brings dinamic, speed, and class, Roman NEEDS!!!! BADLY!!! to fill the holes of his game.

Focus on the win in Monumental in Brazil:

IN my COCKY opinion If Pekerman tries to pull out two very similar players beside: Roman-Lucho; an invented Sorin in the mid (thought the truth is that he played in the flank, but while the RB from Brazil didn't go in offensive: he began to get closer to the middle during the game, making double marks with Masche on RG and Kaka).
He is on the wrong way, only a perfect FORM and MOMENT of the players quoted here, can get that great WIN, he tried same tactic, with similar characteritics but different names in Confe, and that is the other side of the coin.

Argentina must pull out some mix of tough and classy def mid: Masche-Cambiasso, Masche-GAgo, Masche-Lucho...but the one helping Roman? must be an Aimar alike, not a Maxi Rodriguez, or Lucho Gonzalez.

Why test players such as Bernardi, Placente, Figeuroa, and Delgado, ESPECIALLY in the finals?
I didn't like that either, as Parreira wrongly tried to take pressure to Brazil saying was a friendly in BS AS, Pekerman forgot that Confed was more than just a test of players, MORE after that defeat of Brazil. Both were wrong. But who laughs after, laughs louder. In any case, both coaches learned their mistake in a non important stage.

I'm not far from what team or style you want for the NT, but if we have those players you mentioned to be in the squad? is because of Jose, he might have some good reasons to not made them play as much I do also want..from there to think he is an idiot? is a very long way, call him as you wish of course.

Is just you were stating he doesn't like the Aimar-Roman duo, while he invented it. The reasons of not seeing a regularity on this formation, that I don't like either, well he must know them.

At the end of the day, I will mantein my respect to him, happens what happens, is that with all he did till now for Argentina? I will mantein my respect for him always.

After all the chances of going to a WC of players like: Milito, Mascherano, Tevez, Messi, Aimar, Roman, all together, aren't far, while with previous coaches, there were the Pochettinos, Almeydas, Piojos, Simeones, even Kilys...the lecture is: physical condition, obedience, above technich, Pekerman is noticeable s trying to consumate a good marriage between both.

Sadly I think the sudden taking on the charge, will dammage his task, and again, remember is Germany, don't hold anyway too much expectations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts