Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On MOTD during the ManU .v. Boro match, Steven Gerrard was one of the guests and got asked by Gary Linekar about his future etc, went something like this.
"Steven, it must be flattering to be linked with moves to clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid and I suppose even Atsenal and the team playing tonight Man Uni.."
He replied "well NOT ManUTD..."

haha so much for some peoples theorys on ths board.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well some of your fans, or Shaf, thought Gerrard would actually consider moving to ManU :D haha

D

·
0 Posts
rae said:
I never said Gerrard is suitable for us. He is scoucer. I am red - I hate scoucers!
You can't get anymore "scouse" than Wayne Rooney, infact he is more of a "scouser" than Gerrard because Rooney was actually born in Liverpool, whereas Gerrard wasn't.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Meh.

Quality player, but I think everyone knew that he'd never move directly between the clubs given the history we have.

I don't think he would be a suitable 'Keane replacement' anyway. He's better with a holding midfielder, rather than playing as a holding midfielder. He also can't dictate the pace of games - something required in a holding midfielder when playing our 4-3-3 formation.

·
Registered
890 Posts
DeJackal said:
You can't get anymore "scouse" than Wayne Rooney, infact he is more of a "scouser" than Gerrard because Rooney was actually born in Liverpool, whereas Gerrard wasn't.
Yeah, yeah... I know... I was just kidding :D in order to experss my feeling towards Gerrard's rumours... it is impossible... he is too expencive and he do not want to sign MUFC ...those two reasons make him inaccessible ;)

We need Downing instead :pp

·
Registered
580 Posts
He also said it meant a lot to him to be praised by Ferguson...I'm gonna download today's MOTD just for this though

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Well never believe what the players say. One moment they say something and then the next moment they will say something totally opposite to that. Remember Beckham saying things like he will never leave Man U blah blah blah. That said, I dont think Stevie G will come to Man U. I think he is a class player and disagree with the people who think we dont need him, but I dont think we will be able to afford him. He will most probably end up at Chelsea.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Hey, it was the same situation with Alan Smith, possibly even worse (as used to hate United more then anyone) and look at the lad now.. loving life in the Red!

Therefore, Stevie G is bound for us. He is just playing hard to get! ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
vedz said:
Hey, it was the same situation with Alan Smith, possibly even worse (as used to hate United more then anyone) and look at the lad now.. loving life in the Red!

Therefore, Stevie G is bound for us. He is just playing hard to get! ;)
In that case, you better hope Glazer picks up more control, because you'll need his funds.

·
Registered
786 Posts
smithy said the same!!!!!!!!!!! then what happend???????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts