Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any doubt that Freddie will be greater than Brolin?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
What Brolin lacks in speed and stamina, Ljungberg has some playmaking skills and technique to work on.
At the moment I still rate Brolin higher since he did two pretty successfull WC's, while Ljungberg has done none so far...perhaps I'll change my mind on this point after this WC...who knows ;)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Ljungberg is a fantastic player that I wouldnt change with any other player in the world BUT he's not the same type of player as Brolin...
Brolin was a playmaking genius...He controlled the game totally...

Ljungberg has good skills with the ball, is fast and have a descent shot and makes suberb runs and is a really hardworking midfielder with the Winning mentality...
BUT he's not a playmaker in the same way as Brolin...
Ljungberg gets better and better on this and I dont say he's poor at it...he's definetely not but Brolin was a genius.
He could see the impossible things, he could pass that ball wherenone expected it to come and he had a suberb techniuqe...

Ljungberg will most likely be hailed as one of the biggest ever Swedish players when he retires but he should be hailed because of those things that he's brilliant on...and those things are not the same as Brolins...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ljungberg better than Brolin??? You gotto be kiddin!!! Of course he isnt. What Brolin did in Sweden 92 and USA 94 was pure brilliance. In my eyes he was the best player in the world (although Romario also ruled:D ). It just to bad that it ended as it did.

Ljungberg has been great in the last row of games but I cant say that he could be as good as Brolle. If he wants to be named with the great players in Swedish football then he has to make a massive improvement on his games with the national team, because with Tommy-boy and Lasse-loser he has really SUCKED!!!
The problem seems to be that Ljungberg only can be a class-act player when he plays surrounded by the same.

·
Registered
264 Posts
He is better at least this Season he is the only Swedish to score in more than 2 games of the FA Cup,and have score 7 goals in 7 games that is an amazing player.

And he will score a goal or two to Man U and we will beat the crap out of them at Old trafford.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brolin vs Freddie

Rivaldo0203 said:
no doubt that Freddie is better!!!!
Come on man!!
Where have you been the last 10-12 years??
:dazed:
The impact that Brolin made on Swedish football is something that will be very hard to match.
He was a worldclass player, and during his peak 94-95 he was among the 2-3 best players in the world.
Only players like Romario and Baggio could compete with his skills.
Only god knows how much better he could have been if he not had that bad luck...
What Freddie has done so far is nothing compared to Brolin.
He´s been playing worldclass football lately but, for how long??
4 months...Compare that to what Brolin gave us.
So please no more insults...:howler:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ljungberg better than Brolin?!?! No way! Okay, I haven't seen much of Fredrik lately, but enough to be sure about my opinion in this question. Just some weeks ago I heard someone compare these two players on TV, and I couldn't do anything else than laugh to it. That sounded so ridiculous to me.
...and now a discussion on Xtratime, where people really ARE comparing them, that's droll :D

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
This whole discussion is so bloody embarassing and show how God damn pathetic the Swedish media are. They are trying to create a picture where Ljungberg is better than Brolin, or that they are even comparable. Ljungberg plays great right now - yes.

But what Brolin did when he was active was so much superiour than what Ljungberg has achieved. Brolin had his breakthrough in the NT in the WC 90. Ljungberg has yet to have his breakthrough with the NT. When 32% of the Swedish fans wants him benched, then he´s for sure not even close to what Brolin was as a player. Would any Swedish fan vote for that Brolin should be benched in 94? Of course not! It was his prime then, and Ljungberg has his prime now, and still 32% wants him benched!

I think this is insulting to Brolin, to even have to take this from Swedish media. They don´t seem to appriciate at all the things he did for the NT and what he accomplished with Parma. He moved to Parma when they were new in Serie A. He was the most influenced player in their team, and they won the Cup Winners Cup. They become an established Serie A team.

Ljungberg has always been good with Arsenal. But these last months has been exceptional. And they try to compare that Ljungberg for a few months with Brolin who was awesome for years? WTF!!!!???

And then Rivaldo here claims that Ljungberg IS better. :confused: Have you watched the WC 94? Have you followed Serie A? Or did you just started to watch football when Brolin was playing for Leeds and Crystal Palace? Because no person that has seen these two players at their prime, can possibly even come up with such a thing. No offence!

Ljungberg isn´t close of Brolin, he won´t ever be close either because he just doesn´t have that very young age and that awesome talent to grow into being a Brolin. He´s like what? 22-23? And still hasn´t succeeded in the NT. How old was Brolin in the WC 90? :confused:

It´s media´s bullsh!t... This is why I can´t stand Swedish media. Whoever plays great for some matches will be compared with the great ones. I can bet that if Allbäck starts scoring some goals, they will compare his goalpoaching skills with Martin Dahlin too. :rolleyes:

Ljungberg is great, but this is ridiculous!

Now I´m off to bed. :sleepy:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i'm not really into swedish football, but as someone said, it's not fair to compare brolin and ljungberg as they have different jobs on the pitch.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ljunberg can do beter than Brolin at 92 and 94

on the 2002 WC and the EURO 2004.

When he plays for Parma he wasnt that good as Ljunberg is at Arsenal right now.

He is to intellligenthe makes inteligent runs and he makes 5/10 runs per game and allot of them ending on goals.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Oh man! Get some tapes of Brolin and start watch that guy when he was at his prime, and then come back at us!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Rivaldo

You know Brolin was only 24 at WC 94.
95 he suffered from that injury ,only 25 years old. He have been one of the most influent swedish players ever, despite only played for the nt for only 5 years...

Have you seen that goal v Brazil at WC90, the goal against england at 92? Did you see him at WC 94?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Rivaldo

Gollum said:
You know Brolin was only 24 at WC 94.
95 he suffered from that injury ,only 25 years old. He have been one of the most influent swedish players ever, despite only played for the nt for only 5 years...

Have you seen that goal v Brazil at WC90, the goal against england at 92? Did you see him at WC 94?

I can remember him at the WC 94 I was 7 :D

at WC 90 I was 3:D

and at Euro 92 I was 5!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Re: Rivaldo

Rivaldo0203 said:

I can remember him at the WC 94 I was 7 :D

at WC 90 I was 3:D

and at Euro 92 I was 5!!!
Well that explains why you think Freddie is better than Brolin.
You probably dont remember sh*t since you were so young.:D

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Brolin without any doubt is so much better and superior than Ljungberg. Brolin is a man with class. Yeah, During WC 94, I will definitely put him down as one of the best Midfield in the world.
I was totally amaze by his performance against Brazil in the Semi and the third/fourth place play off against Bulgaria!!

When he played against the Brazilian, He make a fool out of them! His pass was incredible, he buried the Brazilians with a deft touch of skills and he was the only live wire outta for Sweden. A pity that they lost. Then in the match against Bulgaria, He totally out-performance Stoichkov! He create 2 goals. Both with superb thru ball for Mild and Larrson and he score the opening goal with a superb header. He was voted the man-of-the-match on that day. From there onward, I knew I was actually watching a living legend playing for Sweden. Dumbfolded!

I still remember the goal he score against Romania during the Quatar Final. Brilliant set-piece and a great shot from such situation and angle. Wat can I say? Top of the World!!!

As for Ljungberg, He may perform quite well for Arsenal but if I not mistaken, Had Pires or Bronkcrust not injured, I dun think he will be in the starting line up. His run-in to World Cup has so far been great by I think it is just a one-off thing. His touches wasn't clean and skills still a bit rusty but he has lotsa of stamina and determination and that probably make up for his short-coming. But he is no wre near Brolin class.

Thomas Brolin is probably the best player I had ever seen produce by Sweden. No doubt abt it.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Zacxaviqer said:

As for Ljungberg, He may perform quite well for Arsenal but if I not mistaken, Had Pires or Bronkcrust not injured, I dun think he will be in the starting line up.
As you apperantly dont know Freddie has started more or less all the games he has been abel to start in.
He was voted "Player of the season" by Barclaycard(The head-sponsor of the PL).

He has been one of Arsenals most important players this season and it was ALOT thanks to him we won the gold in the end...

So please, before you say something like this again, do some research.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts