Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Freddie's gone and hurt his hip and is having an operation to fix the broken cartilage on it! He is out for 2 months - a real kick in the teeth!!:(
Although, on the plus side Gio has resumed full training!

So our midfield will probably look like this at the beginning of the season (barring any new signings):

Gio--Edu--Vieira--Parlour (hopefully Pennant!!):howler:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
He has been injured for a while now...

He was carrying this injury since the end of last season.

He's going to have an exploratory operation to try and correct the problem, and will be out for two months.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I am sorry Ljumberg is injured :depress:

But I just wish to not see him with Juve's shirt next season...I heard it today :mad:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Better get it over and done with now than be forced to do it midseason. He should recover pritty soon which will be great but it'll take a while for him to get back to peek performance and you cant rush hip injuries either, it'll be a problem but we will live with it.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
to bad his injured
i think we should of operated after the world cup where he missed the swedish games
then he would atleast miss like 2 weeks of the season instead of a month

now this means wenger is going to buy another mid

·
Registered
886 Posts
Pires,Ljungberg and Gio out !:( Well if Wenger not give Pennant a chance now he will never do it . Please Arsene I know you`re really coward with playing yougsters (If Winterburn had signed the contract we offred him instead of moving too West ham I can`t see that Cole had been an England regular today) but you got a world class yougtser here so please be as clever as we all know that you are and give Pennant a chance on the right flank against Birmingham !

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
....give Pennant a chance on the right flank against Birmingham !
....and in the Charity Shield!!!

Good point about Winterburn/Cole btw Jacke...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Mate didnt Wenger sign Silvinho after Winterburn and it was only when Silvinho was injured that Cole played?
Well im not sure just asking....

Any way this is ideal for Pennant to play now and i really think he should!
Our midfeild should look like this......

-----EDU----------------Paddy-----------Parlour----------------Pennant--

I wouldnt mind seeing this midfeild as well with the following Defence behind them:

----Cole--------------Edu-----------------Paddy------------Pennant-------
----Upson-----------Campbel-----------Keown------------Lauren/New RB-----

·
Registered
886 Posts
True Gunner4ever but if Winterburn still had been in the club he had been the back up when Silvinho got injured.
I hope you understand that I`m a big Winterburn fan and I really appricate his time in the club;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I too am a big fan of Winterburns......

Well any way back to the point.....
it seems that Van bommel is not coming to Arsenal and no 1 wants the gr8 KANU

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't mean to alarm you, but a swedish doctor has said Freddie would be out for longer than 2 months and it could be between 3-6 months. This is bad, our season could be ruined before it begins. I hope we sign replacements.:eek:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Well mate who would you want us to sign??????

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I wish we would sign Damien Duff to cover for both Freddie and Pires. I also hope we sign Davids to play alongside Vieira.

1st game of the season I hope our midfield looks like this;

Wiltord----Vieira----Davids----Duff

Duff will be one of the best wingers in the world in the future and if we buy him for £11 million now, in two season he will cost at least £20million.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Do u think Duff's team the Rovers will sell him?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
This thread is about Freddie's injury, not the summer signings... there is a separate thread for that...

Meanwhile...

I heard that Fred's injury could be quite serious, even career-threatening.... :eek:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
career threatening?
i think that is just some crappy rumour someone bad up
i really doubt its career threatening
but i REALLY am pissed off they didnt operate on him sooner
maybe that is why the injury has gone so far

1 - 17 of 17 Posts