1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day of the match and no match thread!!! :eek:
so here goes:

Livorno v Parma: Preview

LEGHORN, March 15 (Serie A) - Parma forward Bernardo Corradi believes Hector Cuper was the correct choice to guide the club to Serie A safety.
The 52-year-old Argentinian was unveiled as the Gialloblu's new coach on Wednesday morning, and faces his first test on Sunday at fellow strugglers Livorno.

Corradi told club website www.fcparma.it that this weekend will mark a turning point for his side.

"The common thought in the locker room is to get some points on Sunday at Livorno, and try to speak as little as possible because the time for words is over,'' he said.

Cuper, who has Serie A experience after managing Internazionale from 2001-2003, joins Parma with 11 Serie A games left, and the club out of the relegation zone on goal difference only.

"The club considered it appropriate to make a change in relation to our weaknesses so far,'' said Corradi.

"I think it is an informed choice.''

Cuper coached Corradi for three months at Internazionale in 2001, before the forward's transfer to Lazio.

"Cuper gave me the impression of being a serious person, correct, professional and very framed,'' he said.

"He believes that players should behave as professionals and must follow certain rules without exceptions, as in a working environment.''

The 31-year-old former Manchester City player understands that a change so late in the season will not always work, despite the club's experience of last year.

Claudio Ranieri joined Parma with 16 games of last season remaining, and guided the club to safety before leaving in the summer to join Juventus.

"Not always with a change of coach can the team be given the necessary shock, because the history of football is full of examples of teams that have turned a corner after changing coach, as happened last season at Parma, but also teams where a change of manager has not brought good results,'' Corradi said.

"We hope not to have thrown away seven months of work: as Cuper said (at his first press conference), we now have 11 matches in which we will try to win as many points as possible, because it is in our capacity.''

Cuper will not be able to pick injured Domenico Morfeo and defensive duo Ferdinand Coly and Fernando Couto, while Giulio Falcone is suspended.

There are also fitness doubts over Daniele Dessena and Andreas Pisanu and Gasbarroni, but Cristiano Lucarelli is set to face to face his former club for the first time since leaving Livorno at the end of last season.

Livorno are just a point clear of Parma in 16th place, with only one win in their last nine games.

But Parma have yet to win away from home this season, and three points for Livorno - albeit despite the worst home record in Serie A - would take them four points clear of the relegation zone.

Coach Giancarlo Camolese is forced into three changes from the side which lost 2-0 at Lazio last weekend as Alessandro Grandoni and Daniele De Vezze are suspended, while winger Nico Pulzetti is out injured.

Martin Bergvold, Giuliano Giannichedda, Fausto Rossini are also sidelined for the hosts.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
From what I've heard we will start with Rossi and Paci in defence, Budan-Gasbarroni upfront and Lucarelli on the bench.
I am not sure if this is true though. I wont be able to see the match live but I will record it and watch it when I come home.
FORZA PARMA!

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
From what I've heard we will start with Rossi and Paci in defence, Budan-Gasbarroni upfront and Lucarelli on the bench.
I am not sure if this is true though. I wont be able to see the match live but I will record it and watch it when I come home.
FORZA PARMA!
That's the best news i've heard for a long time, our two best CBs and our two best attacking players finally start in the same team. If this is true, then Cuper gets my vote of confidence :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree as well. good news if its true. Lucarelli must not be happy though....
As long he doesn't play Dessena on the freaking wing then I'll be happy. I'm keen on a Morrone Dessena/Cigarini midfield partnership today.

And where the hell is everyone on this forum????? Its 1 hour to matchtime. Who's got streams?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Official Lineups:
LIVORNO (3 5 2) - 1. Amelia; 15. Knezevic, 32. Pavan, 6. Galante (V. Cap.); 69. Balleri (Cap.), 8. Vidigal, 21. Loviso, 4. E. Filippini, 26. Pasquale; 22. Tristan, 10. Tavano
All. Camolese
A disposizione: 14. De Lucia; 3. A. Filippini, 18. Rezaei, 23. Diamanti, 79. Melara, 81. Bogdani

PARMA (4 4 1 1) - 5. Bucci (Cap.); 2. Zenoni, 28. Paci, 13. Rossi, 7. Castellini (V. Cap.); 83. Reginaldo, 17. Mariga, 4. Morrone, 11. Pisanu; 18. Gasbarroni; 9. Lucarelli
All. Cuper
A disposizione: 99. Pavarini; 6. Antonelli, 55. Parravicini, 21. Cigarini, 23. Dessena, 32. Corradi, 20. Budan

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I hope it's true Djet.

FORZA PARMA, DO OR DIE!!!!

EDIT: Just saw the lineup posted. Well, I'm not happy with seeing Budan on the bench

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
djet, you were way off :D
and damn fenyesk you quick b*stard, was about to post that

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well not way off actually, just lucarelli instead of budan and most prob regi alongside :(

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I guess i don't mind Lucarelli playing instead of Budan... i think the fact that it's the return to Livorno could give Lucagol a psychological boost that Budan wouldn't experience, and Igor has been influential off the bench in recent times.

Rossi and Paci at the back together? Cuper i love you!

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to see Antonelli feature at some point. Im sure Cuper will give Igor a run as well and It would be nice to also see Dessena coming on at some point.
I thought Cuper wasn't too fond of Brazilians? (Reginaldo)

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
It must be something to do with SP2 on XP perhaps, but UUSee just doesn't connect to channels any more on my laptop. It's very frustrating... yet another afternoon "watching" on gazzetta YEY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Couto is injured, and Falcone is suspended. So Cuper never had a choice. But i think this is a game who dont fit Cigarini. We need worriers today. They have Vidigal, Loviso and Fillipini in the centre, no nice guys...

Btw, i hate this cúnt referee... Drama queen.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I'd forgotten De Lucia went to Livorno.

Viera just scored a really well-worked goal for Inter :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts