Xtratime Community banner

Livingston FC sign 3 Hungarians

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  Bentex 
#1 ·
My team Livingston FC (Scotland) are signing three Hungarian players - Attila Kriston, Ferenc Horvath, Gabor Vincze

Can anyone tell me what these players are like? Which positions to they play? What is their history?

Also, is a reason for them coming to Scotland because of a financial problem at their clubs?

#2 ·
Vincze plays in midfiled for Győr, he is 28 I think.

Kriston and Horváth play for Videoton.... Kriston also plays in midfield but Horváth is a striker he has 1/3 strike rate in international football including 2 goals in Hungary's 2-2 draw with Italy, he is in his 30s now.
Download one of his goals here

#3 ·
I have found quite a lot of news stories on various Hungarian websites about all three coming to Livingston, but being Scottish I can't read them!

Example: http://www.origo.hu/hirmondo/sport/magyarfoci/20050107vincze.html

Are Videoton having financial problems?

I found a website which says Horvath has 39 caps for Hungary and 23 goals. Have the others played for the national team?

#6 ·
HUNGARY TRIO WON'T BETON ON FOR LIVI YET

Jan 11 2005

Livingston v Morton

By Gordon Parks

LIVINGSTON have failed to bring in three Hungarian players in time to play in tonight's tricky Scottish Cup tie against Morton.

Livi had hoped to tie up deals with 32-times capped striker Ferenc Horvath and midfielders Attila Kriston and Gabor Vincze yesterday.

Almondvale boss Richard Gough said: 'We'll hopefully do something with the Hungarian lads in the next couple of days but they certainly won't be making their debuts against Morton.'

Gough knows Morton will be fired up for tonight's tie, having faced many potential upsets in the Cup during his time as a Rangers player.

He said: 'You just have to impress on your players that they are better players and if they apply themselves correctly they'll win the game.'

Morton defender Stewart Greacen returns to his old club hoping to turn them over tonight.

He said: 'I had nothing but good times when I worked under Davie Hay and Jim Leishman during the three years I was at Livi but it will give me great satisfaction if we were to win.

'I needed to move to get regular football and it would be great to go back and prove I'm capable of operating at that level.

'All the lads are of the same mind that they can make the step up to a higher level and this is the chance to prove it.

'We believe we can go there and get a result but we will have to have one of those games where everything goes our way.'

#7 ·
from nb1.hu

Immár szinte bizonyos, hogy Vincze Gábor, akit még 3 éves szerződés köt a Győrhöz, fél évig a skót első osztályú Livingstonban folytatja a pályafutását, többek közt Horváth Ferenccel és Kriston Attilával, akiket Fehérvárról csábított el brit klub. Vincze és Kriston menedzserükkel, Vasile Miriutával még ma a skót klubhoz repülnek.
- Örülök, hogy kipróbálhatom magamat külföldön is, hiszen eddig csak a hazai bajnokságban futballozhattam - mondta honlapunknak Vincze -, és ez mindenképpen nagy kihívás a számomra. Természetesen a családom is elkísér Skóciába erre a fél évre, de az is könnyebbséget jelent, hogy más honfitársaim is egy klubban játszanak majd velem. Mindenképpen szeretném megköszönnni a győri vezetőknek a lehetőséget, akik nagyon korrekt módon jártak el az ügyemben.
(i.d.)

#10 ·
High Hopes for Horvath

Livingston manager Richard Gough is hoping Hungary striker Ferenc Horvath can provide the goals to keep the club in the top flight.

Horvath is one of three Hungarians who have agreed short-term deals to move to Almondvale with midfielders Attila Kriston and Gabor Vincze the others seeking to make a mark in Scotland

Horvath’s 32 caps for Hungary, who beat Scotland 3-0 without him at Hampden Park in August last year, will ensure that the fans will be expecting him to make the biggest impact.

His previous clubs include Israeli outfit Maccabi Tel Aviv and Belgians Racing Genk and Gough told the Edinburgh Evening News: “Horvath is a guy who comes with a good pedigree and he’s scored a lot of goals in the past. I think he’s got around 13 goals for his country so that’s not a bad record.

“We’re looking for somebody to put the ball in the net and help us climb the league and hopefully he’ll do that for us.

“It’s not easy to find strikers with a good track record and I’m hoping he can do the business for us until the end of the season at least.”

Livingston have an option on each player to extend their contracts beyond the summer.

Saturday’s Bank of Scotland Premier League clash with Hibernian might come too soon for the trio however.

Gough explained: “The three lads have not played for a wee while so I wouldn’t imagine they will be ready for Saturday.

“However, they have obviously been brought in to help us between now and the end of the season so I would hope to have them in the team soon.

“We want to see how they adapt before tying them up for longer but the option is there. The good thing is they are not costing the club anything in transfer fees so hopefully it will prove to be a good deal for us.”

http://sport.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3996643

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/4164371.stm

#12 ·
Bentex said:
Vincze Gábor is as good as confirmed signed also :)
It may be all very well Hungarian players playing in the UK. But Livinston? Fair play to Livinston for getting their services but.....shouldn't someone tell these Hungarian players that they will only get four decent games a season (two vs Celtic and two vs Rangers). OK it's not all that bad, but we're talking international players aren't we? And progression???

It would be like playing in the English Division Two or Three!

They need to aim for English Divison one minimum, or Celtic or Rangers.

Nuff said!!!

#13 ·
well these players aint that good to play in higher divisions.
maybe only Horváth can play at a higher leval but the Portuguese 2nd Div was a too high level for him recently.

you may have noticed once TiB called Kriston the Hungarian Zidane once though :howler:

#15 ·
Ultrafox said:
It may be all very well Hungarian players playing in the UK. But Livinston? Fair play to Livinston for getting their services but.....shouldn't someone tell these Hungarian players that they will only get four decent games a season (two vs Celtic and two vs Rangers). OK it's not all that bad, but we're talking international players aren't we? And progression???

It would be like playing in the English Division Two or Three!

They need to aim for English Divison one minimum, or Celtic or Rangers.

Nuff said!!!
Hmmm, a tad arrogant, me thinks.

Livingston usually beat English teams when we play them, and that's includes the so-called "Championship".

#18 ·
Hungarians confident of keeping Livingston safe

New Livingston signing Gabor Vincze is confident he and his fellow Hungarian arrivals can keep the club in the SPL.

He and fellow-Hungarians Ferenc Horvath and Attila Kriston signed this week.

Midfielder Vincze said: "We believes Livingston will survive relegation. That's why we are here."

Boss Richard Gough revealed the trio have not played for a while so did not expect them to be ready for tomorrow's home game against Hibs.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/january/scotnews2140105.html

#19 ·
LLD said:
Hmmm, a tad arrogant, me thinks.

Livingston usually beat English teams when we play them, and that's includes the so-called "Championship".
I'm trying not to sound arrogant, but with all due respect I can't get excited about the prospect of any player joining Livingston.

I'm sure Livinston have beaten Championship sides, but so what!?? I mean anyone can beat Forest at the moment! :howler: :howler: and I wouldn't bet against you beating my team Leicester on your day! But what's your average gate? If you get relegated this could drop and then it a constant uphill struggle against smaller clubs. I hope you survive.

I don't know these Hungarian players very well, and I suppose my remarks were directed at Bentex for making the thread sound as if Hungarian football was going somewhere. At least Videoton and Gyor have a chance of playing in Europe.

All in all it probably just confirms the state of Hungarian Football! :broken: :broken:

All the best to Livinston! :thmbup: :thmbup:

#20 ·
Ultrafox said:
I don't know these Hungarian players very well, and I suppose my remarks were directed at Bentex for making the thread sound as if Hungarian football was going somewhere.

hey man, I just stated fact's.

- Horváth has got a 1/3 strike rate for the NT including 2 goals in the 2-2 Vs Italy.

- Kriston is known as the Hungarian Zidane :happy:

- Vincze Gábor's brother did sign for Barcelona :cool:

however :D

- Horváth hasn't played for the NT for like 4 years, he couln't get a game at Cottbus and went to play in Isreal. then came back to play with Újpest (they beat Fradi to sign him) and he played really well if you ask me. He had a great game away to TiB's Loki team. They he went to play in Portugal and the reports were he struggled. So he came back to Hungary and Vidi. But they didn't pay him so he went to Livi :thmbup:

- Kriston is known as the Hungarian Zidane because ...... well he looks like Zidane :D :D

He is a very popular player in Hungary ;)

- To be honest I don't really know to much about Vincze Gábor :)

#22 ·
Horváth has won more games the Gera for the NT :)

anyway we must support Hungarian where ever they are!

Livingston's Hungarians need to improve fitness

GLASGOW (Reuters) - Livingston's three Hungarian signings need to improve their fitness, according to the Scottish team's manager Richard Gough.
Ferenc Horvath, Attila Kriston and Gabor Vincze were included in the squad for Livingston's 2-0 Scottish Premier League defeat to Hibernian on Saturday.

"They have not played for four or five weeks and will need a bit of time," Gough said.

"But I feel they will bring things to the team we don't have and, with more training, they will get stronger."

Hungary striker Horvath, 32, who has 33 caps, and 29-year-old midfielder Kriston came on as substitutes during the second half of the match. They both joined Livingston from Videoton.

Midfielder Vincze, 28, signed from Gyori ETO, was on the bench.

Livingston are bottom of the 12-team league with 16 points from 21 games.

#23 ·
Horváth Feri scored :happy:

Gough opted for major reconstruction to his line-up and threw each of his new Hungarian signings on from the start.

He has admitted that neither midfielders Gabor Vincze and Attila Kriston nor striker Ferenc Horvath are yet match fit and after a reasonable start to the game the trio soon appeared drained of energy.

Then there was the decision to switch formation to 3-5-2. The Lions utilised the system to great effect under Davie Hay last season but have barely fielded a back three this term.

Horvath displayed a flicker of menace in the 35th minute when he collected a lovely backheel from Jim Hamilton before clipping in a shot which deflected off Darren Dods and onto the bar.

Livingston did pull one back just before the break when Jamie Hand fired in a deep cross which Horvath got his head to at the back post.

http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=89502005

#25 ·
Hungarian's Livi frustration

Hungarian midfielder Attila Kriston admits he is unlikely to stay at Livingston after failing to force his way back into Richard Gough's plans.
Kriston moved to The SPL, along with compatriots Ferenc Horvath and Gabor Vincze, during January's transfer window.
He signed a contract until the end of the season with the option of prolonging his time at Almondvale.
But, after making six appearances upon his arrival in Scotland, Kriston has not featured since mid-February after initially being sidelined with an injury.
The player is unsure why he has been frozen out by Livi boss Gough and concedes he is not expecting to stay with the club next season.
"Unfortunately I can't see what's in the head of our coach so I don't why I'm being overlooked," Kriston told www.nb1.hu
"Before my injury I played well and, at that time, I didn't hear any bad words about my performance.
"It's a secret for me why I don't play. If I played awfully then I'd accept this decision but this way I can't.
"Livingston have been playing well nowadays without me. What's more they signed two players for the same position where I'm playing so I don't think I will stay here.
"I know nothing about my future but I believe that there'll be a team that needs a player like me."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.