Xtratime Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm going to be studying in Chile starting in a few months (from February to July) and was just looking for a little more info on Chilean football. I know most of the big teams are from the Santiago area, but I will actually be living in the Valparaíso/Viña del Mar area and studying at the PUC in Valparaíso. (I have friends who've been there that call it Valpo...is that common among the locals as well?) I do know of both Everton and Santiago Wanderers in that area and I know that Everton won the championship this past year while Wanderers are doing quite poorly. I would be excited to go see some Copa Libertadores games, but any games would be great, I love the experience of the stadium. What is the stadium atmosphere/going to a game like in Chile? How expensive are tickets?

Also, in terms of media coverage...what is it like? I imagine its possible to catch plenty of local league and Copa Lib coverage on the TV and radio, but what about other leagues? What's the status of coverage of leagues like La Liga, Serie A, the CL, or even the Brazil and Argie leagues?

Lastly, what about living in Chile and that area in general? Any places I must go or should completely avoid? I'm somewhat interested in all the touristy stuff - Pablo Neruda, the museums, etc., but would also like to get the local flavor. I'll be living with a Chilean family while I'm there (most likely in Viña del Mar but possibly in Valparaíso) but will have plenty of time to go out, explore, etc.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I am rather excited. :) Thanks in advance for your advice! :thumbsup:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
Narewood is in Chile as I type... somewhere in my old stomping grounds...between Viña and Valpo .. Keep us posted ... Did you get to go to the Sausalito Libertadores match ????

:cap:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
Cool...when we HAD a travel Forum we had plenty of pictures of all those places...Where are you from Pixa ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.