Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's Juventus for the first time since that sad night in 1985 the 2 meet,It has all the ingredients to be a heated affair.How do you guys feel about this?All the best Liverpool! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Should be very interesting. Let's hope nothing happens off the pitch

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly hope it will be a great 2 matches with no trouble and that Liverpool can triumph.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I started supporting Pool in 96, 10 years after the incident. Not really connected to it (for now).

I think the passion will run high more on our fans than on the players (cept mebbe Gerrard/Carra).

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Whats this, CL 1/4 final draw and only one Pool supporter to have posted :confused:

How do you guys feel having drawn us? Confident? worried?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
don't feel too confident juventus are a good side ,but liverpool won't be easy for you lot either.

·
Registered
418 Posts
good thing Morientes is cup-tied after playing for Madrid for like 15 minutes :D

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
liver bird said:
don't feel too confident juventus are a good side ,but liverpool won't be easy for you lot either.
Is that directed at us Juventini?

Off course we know it won't be easy.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
gray said:
good thing Morientes is cup-tied after playing for Madrid for like 15 minutes :D
I think it's even less than that Gray.

Feel sorry for him.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Paris said:
I think it's even less than that Gray.
Feel sorry for him.
True; I like Morientes as a player, and I'm sad for him that Madrid played him in the CL despite knowing that they were gonna sell him... but now that we're facing Pool, it's a huge relief for me that possibly their greatest threat isn't available.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
gray said:
but now that we're facing Pool, it's a huge relief for me that possibly their greatest threat isn't available.
Totally agreed.

Is this forum usually this quiet?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just give the 'Pool fans a few moments to finish shaking in their boots :tongue:

j/k, I refuse to underestimate any team

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
hows Xabi Alonso ? will he be back ? he will be vital if he is. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
gray said:
Just give the 'Pool fans a few moments to finish shaking in their boots :tongue:
:D :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imagine the pool get through,The merseysiders will go mental. :howler:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
gray said:

j/k, I refuse to underestimate any team

yes, they are in serious danger of getting trounced 1-0 by your lot. ;)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes, they are in serious danger of getting trounced 1-0 by your lot. ;)
:tongue: :tongue:

I'd love to see us win the CL this season winning 1-0 in all the remaining games. That'll be funny...I guess everyone else will hate us though.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
hows Xabi Alonso ? will he be back ? he will be vital if he is. :thumbsup:
to be honest xabi will be back by the time we play juventus but he won't be match fit ,if we managed to get threw to the semi's which is asking a lot ,then he will be available and match fit to play against chelsea if they get through ,revenge on chelsea for injuring him couldn't come any sweeter .But being realistic I think we face an uphill task to get past juventus doing ,they are doing well deomestically ,but we all know in a cup competition which it has turned into league form goes straight out of the window.

so overall I think juventus will be favoruites of course which puts more pressure on them ,they probably expect to win us and that might work in our favour.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Paris said:
That'll be funny...I guess everyone else will hate us though.
You say it like it's a bad thing / they don't already :D

One of the sweetest things about victory is infuriating your opponents in the process :tongue:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Schumy said:
Imagine the pool get through,The merseysiders will go mental. :howler:

that would be a serious understatment ,if we got through you will never see scenes like it . :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 286 Posts