Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
52,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This pic is taken from Estonian channel's TV6 page

There's something magical about these teams which brings them to face each other every year in CL, even in the group stage which should be technically impossible as they're both English clubs. Lots of breathtaking matches to remember from recent years and I'm sure yet again the whole Europe will tune in to what will be another chapter in the legendary rivalry. :hopeful:

2004/05 SF 0-0 1-0 Pool progresses
2005/06 group stage 0-0 0-0
2006/07 SF 1-0 0-1 Pool wins the shootout 4-1
2007/08 SF 1-1 1-1 (xt2-1) Chelsea progresses

So what will happen this time? Will it be a 1-0 win for the home side? Or a goalless draw? Or even 1-1? :eek: You just don't know what might happen and this is what makes football so interesting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
They just need to get the names of the teams right in respect of the club badges on the Estonian TV Channel pic.

Hard to call. Fancied Liverpool to get their revenge on Chelsea this time if they ever met this season again in the CL and see no reason to change that view. Wouldn't be a surprise at all though to see Chelsea go through.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
I bet people will be tuned to Barca/Bayern unless if 1. they are chelski/Liverpoop fans 2. english fans or 3. idiots

I will be watching Barca/Bayern and will keep on glancing at the sleeping pill on my laptop (muted offcourse)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Ugh, I wouldn't watch this game if my life depended on it. :yuck: I have seen this meeting so many times..

How many times have they met the last few seasons, and how many have been 0-0?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Nice one Andy:D

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I think you might be right Andy this is definetly the best and most watched and craved football match of the season, as it was last year as well. Everyone will definetly be astonished by the sexxy football both teams play and no doubt who ever wins will win over all the neutrals. A fantastic match no doubt but it will be hard for it to live up to the past matches which were perhaps the best matches in the CL over the last decade.

With stars :star: such as Kuyt, A.Cole, Carra, Terry etc no doubt we will have one of the favorites for this year's CL best player playing. Rafa and Guus are known for their gun-hoe attitude so it could turn out to be a fasinating attacking game which will shame the likes of Barca with it's free flowing attacking football. :thumbsup: :happy:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
LOL @pic

Don't get what ppl moan about Chelsea v Liverpool, a big game on a big stage why not watch it? I don't think it has been as boring as people try to claim, I certainly ejoyed last season. But I'd rather watch Barca v Bayern because of obvious preferences.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts

This pic is taken from Estonian channel's TV6 page

There's something magical about these teams which brings them to face each other every year in CL, even in the group stage which should be technically impossible as they're both English clubs. Lots of breathtaking matches to remember from recent years and I'm sure yet again the whole Europe will tune in to what will be another chapter in the legendary rivalry. :hopeful:

2004/05 SF 0-0 1-0 Pool progresses
2005/06 group stage 0-0 0-0
2006/07 SF 1-0 0-1 Pool wins the shootout 4-1
2007/08 SF 1-1 1-1 (xt2-1) Chelsea progresses

So what will happen this time? Will it be a 1-0 win for the home side? Or a goalless draw? Or even 1-1? :eek: You just don't know what might happen and this is what makes football so interesting. :thumbsup:
:howler:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts