Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the week break due to internationals being played, we're back in EPL action, and fortunately no injuries were picked up by our players that were on international duty, according to BBC LG, Traore & Warnock will shake off knocks from the Everton game, although as I know Luis Garcia played for Spain in a friendly game vs. China, thus, he should be fit for tomorrow's game.

Nevertheless, Mori is unlikely to feature, so we're lacking any strikers in the squad, Le Tallec perhaps will be given a chance. Or Rafa will go with his more established players and put them in attack, such as Smicer, Gerrard & LG? Won't be an easy game, especially that Bolton are right behind us and a win for them will boost their hopes of qualifying to Europe

Let's get revenge & win :boxing:, and most importantly get closer to Everton (who are playing WBA on Sunday)

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
from the offal, Fernando is fit for this weekend's match against Bolton. I'd imagine we'll play 4-5-1 then.

1 fit striker. what the heck..

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
we don't play 4-5-1 like everton. its a more 4-2-3-1. i'd guess garcia will play off morientes, with riise on the left and probably nunez on the right.

provisional team:
-------------Dudek---------------
Finnan-Pellegrino-Carragher-Traore

-------Biscan------Gerrard--------

Nunez------Luis Garcia--------Riise

------------Morientes ------------

i don't think hyypia will play because pellegrino has been playing well as of late. the right side seems a conudrum but i guess nunez will play there.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
1-0 or 2-0....... :rollani: :rollani:

4th place surely to liverpool :D :D :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
arfy05 said:
we don't play 4-5-1 like everton. its a more 4-2-3-1. i'd guess garcia will play off morientes, with riise on the left and probably nunez on the right.

provisional team:
-------------Dudek---------------
Finnan-Pellegrino-Carragher-Traore

-------Biscan------Gerrard--------

Nunez------Luis Garcia--------Riise

------------Morientes ------------

i don't think hyypia will play because pellegrino has been playing well as of late. the right side seems a conudrum but i guess nunez will play there.
I think i'd prefer to keep Nunez out of the side, if possible. I'd also start Warnock ahead of Traore. Something like this might work:

----------Dudek-----------
Finnan-Carra-Pelle-Warnock
---Gerrard-Biscan-Smicer---
Garcia----------------Riise-
----------El Moro----------

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
shit wrong thread

:shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
:lol
who was expect to score biscan :D
bravo igor

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Congratulations to Rafa Benitez and the Liverpool side, that was probably one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure to sit through this season. :eek: It's unbelievable how bad the depth is in your squad.

Here's my ratings.. Liverpool in no way deserved the win..

Carson - 6- dealt with everything pretty well but looked a little shaky at times..Interesting to see how he develops

Finnan - 7 Two goal-line clearances which were crucial but gave very little going forward.

Pellegrino - 5.5 Plenty of stuffed up clearances and possibly the stupidest booking I've ever seen. Moves like a glacier, you need a new centre back..

Carragher - 7.5 Commitment, desire and passion. A few of the reasons why Jamie is one of my favourite footballers. May not be the most talented but really gives it everything and was covering for Pellegrino's mistakes..

Traore - 6 I suppose he deserves a couple of extra points for the nice cross which lead to the goal but was pretty poor barring that. Too slow to be a full back

Nunez - 4 A couple of nice things but not Liverpool quality. Get rid of him and give his spot to a youngster..

Biscan -6 Nice goal but his passing was generally awful.

Welsh - 6- Solid, nothing special. Never going to win you a game

Riise -6 - Pretty poor by his standards.

Gerrard - 6.5 Must be frustrating being him when you're surrounded by such crap. Still, he should understand the limitations of his teammates and play accordingly..Too many 15 yard balls smashed into teammates at shin height.

Luis Garcia - 5.5 - The lookaway pass was very classy but useless as a centre forward. Far better playing as a link man..

Subs- Le Tallec 5- put himself about but nothing to suggest he'll be a regular.

Smicer - not enough time to give a rating

Mori - see Smicer

If that's what we should expect against Juventus then I fear a belting is on the cards..However, Liverpool seem to have the trick of raising their game against better opposition so we'll wait and see.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
lucky?! ;)

One hell of a frustrating after noon.. with injuries and the Baros suspension making us look really thin and out of ideas.. a few hours before the match, Dudek was ruled out with a thigh strain (but was on the bench), Warnock was declared unfit.. and El Moro was on the bench.. we started with the following:

Carson (Home Debut)
Finnan
Carra
Pelligrino
Traore
Biscan
Welsh (First EPL start)
Nunez
Gerrard
Riise
Luis Garcia

To make things really clear about how difficult it was.. the commentator was saying before the start of the match "Liverpool fans and Rafa Benetiz will be delighted with the news that Djimi Traore has been cleared as fit for the match".. Don't think I'd have ever expected to hear that :)

Needless to say, we had issues.. mainly I'd say Bolton's experienced players showed what they know.. plus the fact that this side hasn't changed for 3 games now added better understanding between them.. the ageless Speed (corner crosses) and Giannakopolous were their most dangerous players.. and u could see why Big Sam's team are fighting for Europe.. they really play well as a unit..

Steve Finnan made 3 goal line clearances.. 2 in the first half.. one in the second.. and to be honest we were put under lots of pressure.. we did have our spells of pressure too.. the last 20 minutes of the first half.. and for around another 20 minutes in the 2nd.. Riise had an indirect free kick inside the penalty area that he should've done better with.. Gerrard had a free kick well saved by Jaskulinin (God knows how that's spelt!!).. Nunez had a very good volley saved.. actually Nunez did well (can't believe I said that!!)..

We brought on 3 subs.. Le Tallec for Riise, Smicer for Welsh and Morientes for Nunez.. and I think the 3 subs were OK.. especially Smicer and ALT as they did show some promising stuff.. And I believe a moment of praise is deserved for young lads Welsh and Carson.. good solid performances..

The goal.. great work by Traore.. good cross.. and a firm downward header by Igor Biscan.. again.. when could we have thought this could happen?!! Biscan goal.. Traore assist..

After the goal.. I think we controlled the pressure well.. and actually could've added more.. LG did a massive job.. 1st as a lone striker.. and then on the flanks..

Rafa was asking for a performance similar to the Everton game.. well I don't think he got it.. but he got a committment and effort from the lads that was pretty close.. and the atmosphere after the goal was simply superb!! :proud:

1 point now.. and WBA aren't the pushovers we met a few months back.. so Everton.. Here we come!! :fero:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Rafa's view.. from SKYSPORTS:

Rafa hails hard-fought win
by Peter ORourke - created on 2 Apr 2005

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez was delighted to see his team maintain their UEFA Champions League push with a 1-0 win over Bolton.

Igor Biscan's late goal proved enough to give The Reds all three points and close the gap on fourth placed Everton to one point in the process.

"I am very happy. It was a difficult game as we knew Bolton would work very hard and fight for all the balls," explained the Spaniard.

"It was a good result considering all the injuries we have.

"I was happy for Igor Biscan to score and he is working very hard. He did a very good job in defence and attacked well also.

"We knew it was important to reduce gap [on Everton] and win against a team that is close to us and now they [Everton] have the pressure and we will see."

Benitez also revealed he hopes Jerzy Dudek will be fit to face Juventus in the Champions League next week.

Dudek missed out against Bolton with a groin strain he picked up on international duty with Poland and was replaced by Scott Carson.

"Jerzy Dudek couldn't play because he felt a groin problem which happened while he was away on international duty," he added.

"He couldn't kick properly so I didn't want to risk him today. I think he will be okay for the Juventus game."

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Yasir said:
1 point now.. and WBA aren't the pushovers we met a few months back.. so Everton.. Here we come!! :fero:

:strong: LIVERPOOL :strong:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Great result if not the performance, three points without a recognised striker in the starting XI is just what the doctor ordered. If we can get Morientes fit for Man City away then we can start looking at a better perfomance.

Xabi_Alonso said:
1 point behind the blue noses!!!!!!!!!!
now all we need is for West Brom to beat Everton.
Pressure is on Everton with West Brom desperate for points in their relegation battle. Everton can only stay fourth, possibly gaining a little ground on Man Utd or seeing the gap to Liverpool in fifth stay the same. West Brom can leapfrog Crystal Palace and go level on 27 points with Southampton in 17th.

Premiership Form Guide

WBA : WLWDL
Everton : LLWLW

WBA last five home games : WDDDW
Everton last five away games : LWDDL

Everton's away record for the season is better than WBA's home record but that's to be expected when one is 4th and the other is 19th

WBA (home) P15 W3 D7 L5 PTS 16
Everton (away) P15 W6 D5 L4 PTS 23

I fancy WBA to get a result, in fact I think they should win this game and do us a massive favour. 1 point gap with 7 games to go, that will be weighing heavily on the minds of the Everton players putting psychological pressure on them in what should be a testing game anyway.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
ya they will do us a favour.........WBA....u going to rock everton....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts