Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHELSEA IN FOR ZIEGE
The race for Christian Ziege hots up as Chelsea are the latest club to be reported to be interested. It is believed that the Londoners have thrown in a £5m bid.

NEW LEFT-BACK (RE)RUN
Greek left-back Mihalis Kassapis has once again been linked with a move to Liverpool. Kassapis has been widely tipped as "Liverpool's new left-back" last season, but the deal died off without reasons.

BARMBY LINKED
Everton's want-away midfielder Nick Barmby has been sensationally linked with a move to Liverpool. The skilful player has been impressive in Everton's last season run-in, and was drafted into the England squad after a long absence. Barmby will be available on a Bosman next year, and he has not commit himself to a new contract at Goodison Park.

Chelsea are also believed to be interested, as usual. Whether Everton will sell one of the best players (not that there are many!) to their deadly rivals remained to be seen.

STAUNTON LINKED WITH VILLA
Liverpool defender Steve Staunton has been linked with a move back to Aston Villa following reports that Gareth Southgate wants to leave Villa Park.

Anyone want a bet on any of these happening?

X

·
0 Posts
ziege has stated far and loud that he wanted to join anfield all throughout last season...and it would really surprise me if he decided to join vialli all of a sudden..

anyway as far as i could gather info...the clause is 5M...so we only have to bid that much...and he'll be ours!!!

kassapis!???i thought he was a striker..never mind..if ziege joins us...no need for him too i guess...

barmby--chelsea has been rumoured tp bid 7.5M for him...but it would surprise me if we really did try to get him for that much...already have enough talent in midfield..
he'd have to battle to secure a spot in 1st team amongst the likes of gerard,redders,hamann,berger,smicer..etc...

staunton--well time for him to go...:(

D

·
0 Posts
AEK will probably ask too much for Kassapis.

Peter Reid is reportedly poised to be preparing a move for England U-21 midfielder David Thompson. Reid hopes to try and persuade Thompson to sign for a fee in the region of £2.5m. The problem however is that Thompson was a regular in the Liverpool squad last season and is seen as a key part of their future.

Middlesbrough's German international defender Christian Ziege has moved to end speculation that he could be on his way out of the Riverside Stadium after just one season. The 28-year-old has several times been linked with a move to Liverpool.

30-year-old Norwegian defender Stig Inge Bjornebye will complete a £300.000 move to Blackburn today to join Graeme Souness for the second time. Bjornebye agreed personal terms with Souness - who first signed him for Liverpool from Rosenborg for £600.000 more than seven years ago - after Norway's elimination from Euro 2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts