Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following the decision (can't remember who's) to drop the link up with Carlsberg it looks like Liverpool are close to securing a deal with electronics giants LG.

The deal could be worth around 8 million a year (up 3 million on the existing Carlsberg deal).

And to think, Arsenal sold both shirt sponsorship and the name of their stadium for a combined 6-7 milion a year.

Oh and this is all algedly at the moment.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
i've heard the rumours too, i'm not sure how i feel about that, but it's all a busniess anyways, at least then our shirst wont' be plain when we go to netherlands or those countries.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Read about this yesterday and wanted to be sure of it first before starting a thread here. Went around the prominent LFC forums around the net but couldn't find and threads till just now. Many are clueless about this. Even Liverpool Echo doesn't have anything to say abt it.

Just hope the process of getting a new sponsor is not as messy/controversial as getting a new buyer. And I hope that the ney sponsor isn't some brewery company so I can finally buy my Liverpool jersey.:D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd assume he lives in a country where alcohol sponsorship isn't allowed.

It's the reason we sometimes have to play in a no sponsor kit.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
CR - i wasn't aware of the other countries where this was enforced..

SM, i think it was on LFC.tv rumour section, i read it elsewhere too.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
ok thanks mate, I can't see it on .tv but oh well, if anything becomes official it will be on there first.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
hey I'm new here I'm a Liverpool fan. I have been visiting Xtratime for some time now but never have register untill now.

YOU"LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
hiya mate, welcome to the forum I am also new but have already noticed how unwelcoming and bitter the ManU fans are :D watch out for them, there jealousy overwhelms them but deep down I bet they are ok people.

Great name, Xabi Alonso is a personal favourite of mine aswell!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
what you don't have one yet? whats stopping you??
i can't because I'm a muslim and alcohol is forbidden. Thus anything related to it is forbidden. There's nothing wrong with me buying the jersey actually, but I can't wear, so it would a waste.

Anyway, FYI cardiffred, we allow the selling of alcohol and alcohol sponsorship here, as long as its not meant for local-based products.

I do have a liverpool jersey, but its too small for me to wear. Its tthe old jersey, with the Liverbird emblem on the left side of the chest, and the words EUROPEAN CUP FINAL written above the emblem and PARIS 1981 below the emblem. It has the Umbro logo. It's a fake btw, so I didn't really mind when I bought it. It was enough at that time. :D

I just want to wear our jersey and go to watch live screenings of our matches, like the many fans of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea does here.

:)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
hey I'm new here I'm a Liverpool fan. I have been visiting Xtratime for some time now but never have register untill now.

YOU"LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!
Welcome aboard matey!

Are you Xabi Alonso or are you Xabi_Alonso?

heheheh...ignore that stupid joke. :pp

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
hiya mate, welcome to the forum I am also new but have already noticed how unwelcoming and bitter the ManU fans are :D watch out for them, there jealousy overwhelms them but deep down I bet they are ok people.

Great name, Xabi Alonso is a personal favourite of mine aswell!
Well what can you expect from a ManU fan.
I personally dislike the "new" Chelsea fans too. suddenly Chelsea has millions of supprters. when they didn't have none about two years ago.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
Well what can you expect from a ManU fan.
I personally dislike the "new" Chelsea fans too. suddenly Chelsea has millions of supprters. when they didn't have none about two years ago.
ye lol, there aint that many Chelsea fans on here I dont think though, jackothedon springs to mind but he seems like a real fan- lives in London, Fulham i believe.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
yeah like I say I been reading here for a while now and I know who Jacko is. he seems to be the only true supporter Chelsea has here.

EDIT: where can I get one of those animated avatrs with the players on them?
can somone make one with Xabi Alonso?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
ye lol, there aint that many Chelsea fans on here I dont think though, jackothedon springs to mind but he seems like a real fan- lives in London, Fulham i believe.
that makes him sound posh, he lives in a caravan off the Fulham Road with his chav mates, he only goes to Chavski games when he's had a good week out on the nick. :shades:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that makes him sound posh, he lives in a caravan off the Fulham Road with his chav mates, he only goes to Chavski games when he's had a good week out on the nick. :shades:
LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts