Xtratime Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
G

·
McAteer

McAteer is one of those players who really told the sotry of Liverpool under Roy Evans. I mean, if he can spend money on the likes of Leonhardsen and McAteer, it was no wonder we were crap.

And no I fear for GH as he brought in Barmby. He's a good player, yes, but so was Leo when he was at Wimbledon and McAteer when he was at Bolton? However you must admit they were average players who couldn't be counted on to turn the game around when the chips were down.

God bless GH.

· Registered
26,710 Posts
I think that you are really unfair on McAteer and Leonardsen.McAteer was playing out of position (from anchor to right back) and he was a great crosses and fast as well.Leo on thewr side was not something special but he was a hardworking midfielder and always gave his 100%.

· Registered
6,983 Posts
lets look at the new signings - GAry Mac, player of the year at his old club, Barmby, player of the year at everton, Ziege (soon to be ours?), player of the year at M'borough, Diomede, player of the year at Auxerre and babbel is world class. All these are great confidence boosting additions to our squad and add Arphexad for back up and we are up for it this year against anyone. :)

I sense a great season ahead! :)

· Registered
964 Posts
True Razoruk
and one of the reasons we have been doing better is because we had players like Leo and Mcateer who werent world class but GH is changing that.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.