Xtratime Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys, it's official, we've got Barmby. I'm sick of the players we bought this summer... McAllister, Diomede, Arphexad, Barmby... but no matter what, like I always said, once they put on a Liverpool shirt, I will back them all the way.

Come on you Reds!

Everton have finally accepted a £6m bid from Liverpool for contract rebel Nick Barmby. Barmby, who supports Liverpool since he was a kid, has publicly told the press that he wants to play for Liverpool once he realised Gerard Houllier's intention to sign him.

Negotiations have been going on, but Everton have rejected an initial bid of £3.5m. After much speculation about the transfer fee that Liverpool will cough up for a second bid, it has now been confirmed that Barmby will join the Reds for £6m.

A statement issued by Everton said: "Everton and Liverpool have today agreed the transfer of Nick Barmby to Liverpool in a package worth up to £6m. The clubs wish to emphasise that negotiations have continued over the past week in a spirit of goodwill and integrity, and they both wish each other success in the forthcoming season."

[Edited by LFCNet on 15-07-2000 at 04:57]

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully Barmby can nick some goals for us from midfield. The idea seems very clear - we've signed two seasoned Premiership midfielder (McAllister and Barmby) who have proven goal-scoring record.

Do u know how many points Barmby brought me in the Fantasy Football last season :D

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No offence, M, but I do want to respond to your claims on 'how can it be bad to get someone for free'. You only have to look at Bjorn Kvarme to see how bad it can be to sign someone for free.

McAllister has scored more goals not only than any Liverpool midfielder, in fact, he scored more goals than the entire Liverpool midfield add together. I agree he's a good player but it really saddens me that when the likes of Man Utd Arsenal are signing world class players like Barthez and Pires, we have to buy a has-been (McAllisrer), a one tournament wonder (Diomede) and one who has played for the blue noses (Barmby).

I agree with your points on their plus points. But I'd rather see some 'current' world stars rather than journeymen at Liverpool.

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, point taken. As I said no matter what I'll back them once they put on a red shirt and that's exactly what I'll do, and what I've been doing since 1987. Pity me for backing players Leonhardsen, Speedie, Saunders, etc... seen too much mediocricy.

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.