Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
I think you are underestimating things

1: Intersesting use of the word 'buy' - Babbel, Macallister and Arphexad were all free. We only bought Barmby and Diomede and the left back when he comes.

2: Macallister scored more goals for Coventry last year than any of Liverpools midfield players.

3: Barmby can play anywhere in midfield - left, right or centre - good cover and not a bad player either.

4: Diomede has fallen from grace with the French national squad - however he still has a world cup winners medal and if he is going to revive his career it will be with Houllier. He is also a left winger - something Liverpool has lacked.

5: Macallister is an intelligent guy - his experience can only improve the inexperienced midfield players.

6: Rednapp is out till next year and possibly will never don a Liverpool shirt again.

7: We are not in the Champions league.

Have patience people - Liverpool are rebuilding which takes time - You cannot expect to have everything after only one season. Wait to see what happens - you're happy with Houllier so far aren't you?. Now that the new season is about to start lets get behind them and start supporting LFC.

· Registered
441 Posts
But Macallister was free - How can it be bad to get someone for free?

Yes he may be cover for Rednapp although I think Macallister is perfectly capable for challening for a place. I think you'll be surprised about him - I don't think Rednapp will be sold, but I have a feeling his career may be over. Therefore you need someone to cover.

As for Murphy - Competition will only make him play better and if he can't handle it then he isn't good enough.

· Registered
441 Posts
Overall I think you are not giving Macallister a chance. See him play for us and then make your judgements. That 37 year old scored more goals than any LFC midfielder last season and he was playing for Coventry.

· Registered
441 Posts
Yeah I agree with you LFCNet. But the fact is that we aren't in the Champions league - Arsenal and Man U are (I think Westerveld is better than Barthez anyway). It is difficult to convince players to come to us when they can go elsewhere and be in the champions league. Our aim this season has to be just that and it is an aim I think we are capable of. Yes it would be nice to challange for the title etc, but Rome wasn't built in a day as they say. Give it time - from what I see we are beginning to have a strong team which has depth (except for the left back). Sure it isn't good enough to lift the Champions cup, but its a good start. And that ,whatever all of you think, is exactly what we are doing - starting.

Ps - I still dont see how a free player can be bad, especially when he scores more goals than the entire Liverpool midfield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.