Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for cloning

Either that or Jamie Carragher had the best individual defensive performance I have seen in the champions league this season.

He has been brilliant this season but I doubt he will better that game in his career, fantastic stuff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Faisal said:
for cloning

Either that or Jamie Carragher had the best individual defensive performance I have seen in the champions league this season.

He has been brilliant this season but I doubt he will better that game in his career, fantastic stuff :thumbsup:

Who is john terry?? Carragher for England..

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yep great game for him
i also liked riise a lot in that game :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
marmotte said:
yep great game for him
i also liked riise a lot in that game :)
Yup Riise was great.. Especially those nutmegs he did on those Chelsea players..

·
Registered
687 Posts
Faisal said:
Riise workrate is from another planet, must be a contender for fittest player in the EPL.
No, they don't give the fittest player to the non English players.. the english prefer to see a headless chicken player like beckham as the fittest player..

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Jamie Carragher has been superb all season, every single game. In the last much he showed Terry what defending is all about and he did it again this one.

I only wish people would watch our games more often because every week, every single week he puts in a MOTM performance and plays at a 110%

He's probably the crowd favourite now days, and thats nothing bad to Stevie it just shows how immense Carragher is and that hard work and graft does pay off.

:proud:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Carragher was awesome, much to to annoyance of nearly everyone at my work (where I watched the game) as most has money on Chelsea too win the competition.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Congrats gto Liverpool but assuming Milan beat PSV tonight at least an Italian team will win the CL this year :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Deano said:
Congrats gto Liverpool but assuming Milan beat PSV tonight at least an Italian team will win the CL this year :)

How much better is AC Milan from Juventus?? i don't see a huge point difference between AC and Juve in the Italian league.. That gives Liverpool every hope they can dump AC like they dumped Juve..

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Wild guess here. But I'm assuming that you haven't got a clue about Italian football. Milan have a much stronger defence than Juventus, they also have a much stronger attack and if that Del Piero goal wasn't disallowed for offside, then you wouldn't even have played Chelsea. Remember you only beat Juventus by just that one goal. Juve have been lucky this season through refereeing decisions just like how you were lucky against them. Do not underestimate the power of Milan. Because unlike Chelsea, they have the neccesary attacking prowess to knock that defensive wall out of your system. Which brings me to Jamie Carragher.

Carragher has long been the most underrated player to play in a big club. He never seems to get the recognition he deserves as a player. He constantly does the job week in and week out at the highest level. Never hyped, just gets on with the job. Amazingly it's all the Rio Ferdinands and the John Terrys and the Sol Cambells that get the hype. Ferdinand is desparately overrated, Terry is a thug and Campbell only cares for money. None of those players can even lift a finger to Jamie Carragher but for as long as he's a footballer he will never get the recognition he deserves. It doesn't matter though because as far as I'm concerned;

Maldini
Nesta
Carragher

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Liverpool FC thoroughly deserves this moment of glory for all that their fans have suffered over the years (but oh wait, you guys won 3 cups in one season a few years ago..)

Enjoy this moment.. at least until Milan tears into your throat and rips out your heart on May 25. ;)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
beckham mania said:
How much better is AC Milan from Juventus??
Eventhough we're tied on points in the league... Milan are substantially better, hafta admit unfortunatey! :wallbang:

Having said that, people should just stop constantly downplaying Liverpools chances. The people of XT did that mistake at least twice and look where that led Liverpool, the final. They've as good as chance as anyone.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Yes Milan are a huge difference from Juve. Milan firstly have a threat from every single position. They have a better SQUAD than Juve (and of course Juve's squad is nit big enough for a club liek them) Also Milan are just a team that always get the result. Of course Juve can say this also but I think Milan even more can play so badly yet always win 1-0 or 2-1. SUrely in a CL final should Milan be there (lets not say they are yet) they will not play badly anyway.

All I say is that even though Milan never score a huge amount of goals, they also always manage to get at least 1 and sometimes 2 goals. Milan havent failed to score since January. Milan have goals from defence (Stam, Maldini, Cafu can all score) they have goals from defensive midfield (Pirlo and his FK's) then they have Seedorf who pops up with a few, but mostly they have Kaka, Shevchenko and Crespo who are all quality finisher.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
You'd think people other than me would have learned their lesson from being sure Liverpool wouldn't make it past Juve and Chelsea but it seems not. Don't write this team off.

Anyway Carragher was superb again, the best defender in the CL this season.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Faisal said:
Also congrats to Liverpool Football Club in general, I hope they are celebrating in Istanbul.

liverpool going to rocks the istanbul stadium :eekani: :eekani:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Deano said:

how sure are you man :shades: :shades:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Steph! said:
Eventhough we're tied on points in the league... Milan are substantially better, hafta admit unfortunatey! :wallbang:

Having said that, people should just stop constantly downplaying Liverpools chances. The people of XT did that mistake at least twice and look where that led Liverpool, the final. They've as good as chance as anyone.

Maybe Milan is better than juve on paper.. But the way people are saying is like Milan will walk away with title.. I can assure you Liverpool will give them a good fight and make it hard for them..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts