8/1/2005 -- FA Cup 3rd rd -- TBA
15/1/2005 -- Barclays Premiership -- Liverpool v Man Utd
22/1/2005 -- Barclays Premiership -- Southampton v Liverpool

Special player #1: Steven Gerrard
Special player #2: Neil Mellor

Top Predictor (Aug, Sept): paw
Top Predictor (Oct): Owenization
Top Predictor (Nov): BOSH

Send in your predictions by kickoff. Any queries or comments pls post or PM me. Have fun.

paw;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Liverpool 2 Villa 1 (b)

(Harry Kewell, Steven Gerrard)(Juan Pablo Angel)

YNWA

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool Alonso (b)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pablo said:
what the hell that sposed to mean? :howler:
two choice quotes that i feel explain it well:

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

-Bill Shankly

"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa.''

- Gerard Houllier on managing Liverpool

-p

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
rusko said:
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa.''

- Gerard Houllier on managing Liverpool
:howler::howler::howler:

exactly.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
yeah, he knew what he was talking about didn't he haha, where's that French fool now? :dielaugh:

Should be an easy 3 points really on Saturday.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Carling Cup, wow.

And I can't help we have mug for a chairman, since Brian Little's era, we've had poor management which has only just been resolved since O'Leary's appointment. 6th last season with limited resources, and 6th at the moment with the smallest squad in the Premiership. Give it 3 years, we'll be established again playing CL football. I mean we were pushing for it last year and only missed out by a couple of points. But give O'Leary time, he'll bring the glory days back to Villa Park :D and we'll be finishing above the likes of Liverpool every season easily..:yawn:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
I don't know about that ;), but Oleary is doing a good job at Aston Villa

why does he keep playing that imp Hendrie though? :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pablo said:
yeah, he knew what he was talking about didn't he haha, where's that French fool now? :dielaugh:

Should be an easy 3 points really on Saturday.
he has achieved more with us than you are likely to achieve any time soon. things went pear-shaped after his heart attack, but such is the way of things - sometimes it doesn't work out. i ask that you speak of our former manager with respect in our forum and confine your criticism to being constructive.

i have not seen villa this year, though i'm glad things are looking up for you. with all the moaning about the disparity and competitiveness in the epl, it's nice to see the small clubs do well, if only in the first half of the season.

if we're in form and psychologically up for it, you will be outclassed. we haven't been consistent this season, so you've got a chance to get a good result. should be an interesting game, if only to see how we're progressing in terms of winning mentality building.

-p

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
rusko said:
he has achieved more with us than you are likely to achieve any time soon. things went pear-shaped after his heart attack, but such is the way of things - sometimes it doesn't work out. i ask that you speak of our former manager with respect in our forum and confine your criticism to being constructive.

i have not seen villa this year, though i'm glad things are looking up for you. with all the moaning about the disparity and competitiveness in the epl, it's nice to see the small clubs do well, if only in the first half of the season.

if we're in form and psychologically up for it, you will be outclassed. we haven't been consistent this season, so you've got a chance to get a good result. should be an interesting game, if only to see how we're progressing in terms of winning mentality building.

-p
you clearly know little about English football. Villa....a small club? :howler:

"we haven't been consistent this season, so you've got a chance to get a good result"

that's why we have 'a chance' lol. We will go into the game clear favourites, only Chelsea can match our home form this season of 5 wins and 2 draws with only 3 goals conceeded in 7 games. But Liverpool will provide a tough test and I openly admit that, but we'll have to see what the outcome is on Saturday, although I am expecting maximum points.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pablo said:
you clearly know little about English football. Villa....a small club? :howler:
you know, when you compare with lfc, everything else seems small ;]

that's why we have 'a chance' lol. We will go into the game clear favourites, only Chelsea can match our home form this season of 5 wins and 2 draws with only 3 goals conceeded in 7 games. But Liverpool will provide a tough test and I openly admit that, but we'll have to see what the outcome is on Saturday, although I am expecting maximum points.
this is clearly different from saying, as you did earlier, that it will be an 'easy win'. my money is on the heart and commitment deciding it. we shall see ;]

-p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts