Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Liverpool Prediction League -- Arsenal v Liverpool (Jackpot round)

From some of your comments, I have tinkered with the rules a little and they will be in BOLD.

Objective: The points are yours. Wager them to predict when the first goal is to be scored. You split the jackpot with the winners.

Categories to predict:
1) Time when first goal of the game (for either side) will be scored.
2) Submit the time in these blocks of fifteen minutes only.
a) 1st to 15th min
b) 16th to 30th min
c) 31st to 45th min (incl injury time)
d) 46th to 60th min
e) 61st to 75th min
f) 76th to 90th min (incl injury time)

Rules:
1) Submit prediction of when the first goal of the game (for either side) will be scored in those categories only. Submit as well how many points you wish to wager.
2) Do not wager more than the number of points you have.
3) The minimum wager is 5 points. The maximum wager is 20 points.
4) The points wagered will be pooled in a big bowl. The winners, which guesses the correct category will split the points from the bowl according to the proportion they wagered. This means that as long as you win, you will definitely get back your initial points wagered.
5) One must take part in the main PL twice consecutively in order to take part in the Jackpot Round.
6) The controller has the ultimate and final decision to bar or disallow any forum members to take part in the Jackpot round.

Jackpot Round is meant to boost your points. It should not be the primary way to increase your points tally.

Send in your predictions by 1300GMT on Sun 27 Jan. Any queries or comments pls post or PM me. Have fun.

paw;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Can you please post the address for Gamblers Anonymous before I lose anymore points?:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Eligibility Table :)skull: not allowed to join)

1 The Reds 245 pts
2 menul 210 pts
3 eymc 210 pts
4 Yasir 185 pts
5 Button 180 pts
6 JLP 175 pts
7 paw 160 pts
8 Mr Fowler 155 pts
9 MoMo 155 pts
10 bartle 150 pts
11 bryan 145 pts
12 TJK 145 pts
13 Bodat 135 pts
14 paul17 130 pts
15 Yacoob 125 pts
16 K2 125 pts :skull:
17 King Italy 125 pts
18 pool 120 pts
19 RazorUK 120 pts
20 utopia 115 pts
21 whkoh 75 pts :skull:
23 AE 70 pts :skull:
24 Mindscape 65 pts
25 Liverbird 50 pts
26 Zico 30 pts
27 Chris 15 pts
28 marcus 10 pts
29 Raanan 10 pts :skull:
30 afei 10 pts :skull:
31 FLC 5 pts :skull:
32 AB.com 5 pts :skull:
33 Gunners 5 pts :skull:

paw;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,961 Posts
I don't like this points wagering... but what the hell
15 points says that Arsenal win 2-1, Henry and Pires the scorers with Hamaan bringing one back for Liverpool.

:eek: Menul has been dethroned!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,245 Posts
chris said:

:eek: Menul has been dethroned!!!
Yes, Chris, pool was so determined to make me step down from the high seat that he stole my crystall ball :fero: :crybaby:!
But don't worry, I've managed to take it back, and soon I'll be in the lead again :stuckup:! :D

I'll post later for my predictions, now I have to take a look at my crystall ball :D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,245 Posts
Hell, I can't even understand the rule! :D

paw, do we really have to do this? It's kind of not fair, since not all the participants in the prediction league take part in this jackpot stuff. And don't you think we've got too many predictions to make already?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chris said:
I don't like this points wagering... but what the hell
15 points says that Arsenal win 2-1, Henry and Pires the scorers with Hamaan bringing one back for Liverpool.

:eek: Menul has been dethroned!!!
This will NOT be a valid entry. chris, you have to pick the time frame for which the first goal will be scored.:)

paw:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Menul said:
Hell, I can't even understand the rule! :D

paw, do we really have to do this? It's kind of not fair, since not all the participants in the prediction league take part in this jackpot stuff. And don't you think we've got too many predictions to make already?
The rules are simple.
1) You pick out the time frame for which the first goal (of either side) will be scored. You wager some of your points on it (no more than 20 pts).
2) Within the Jackpot will be points from others who have chosen to take part. Whoever guess the correct time-frame will be rewarded with the points in the Jackpot. The Pot will be split proportionally among the winners.
3) You need not take part in this. If you feel like putting some of your savings into the possibility of more cash, then join the Jackpot round. As I have stressed, the main prediction league is still the most important.:)

We have indeed have too many predictions to make. But that is all part of your ability to read the stars right?:)

paw;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
b) 5 pts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
paw said:

4) The points wagered will be pooled in a big bowl. The winners, which guesses the correct category will split the points from the bowl according to the proportion they wagered. This means that as long as you win, you will definitely get back your initial points wagered.
Wouldn't it be easier if we just got back however many points we bet?


10 points, C
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Menul said:

Yes, Chris, pool was so determined to make me step down from the high seat that he stole my crystall ball :fero: :crybaby:!
But don't worry, I've managed to take it back, and soon I'll be in the lead again :stuckup:! :D

I'll post later for my predictions, now I have to take a look at my crystall ball :D.
I kinda like you at the top Menul so I'll give you your crystal ball back......I only borrowed it for the lottery:D

10points B

The rate I'm going, I'll be relegated soon:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
utopia said:
e)
:eek: I haven't read the rules properly:eek: So, I don't know whether I have predicted the right way or not:yawn:
You have but you did not place a wager. So I will not be accepting your bet.:)

paw;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jose luis pirri said:
a) 1st to 15th min - 30 points :eek:
The mazimun you can wager is 20pts. So I will only take 20 points as your wager.

paw;)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top