Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NUFC: Given, Harper, Hughes, Bernard, Griffin, Woodgate, O'Brien, Bramble, Speed, Robert, Jenas, Solano, Viana, Ambrose, Shearer, Dyer, Ameobi, Chopra.
*Bellamy and Bowyer are back in full training but aren't being risked.

*Woodgate is passed fit and will start after battling with general soreness all week.

LFC: Dudek, Finnan, Henchoz, Hyypia, Carragher, Kewell, Cheyrou, Murphy, Hamann, Gerrard, Biscan, Traore, Heskey, Owen, Jones, Riise, Le Tallec, Welsh, Otsemobor

*Liverpool field a close to full strength lineup.

We're worth a replay at the very least.

:boxing: Howay the lads :boxing:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Very tough draw for us. Well have to play very well to win in this match. Owen will be a huge threat especially with his scoring record against us.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Final Score:

Liverpool 2 - 1 Newcastle :rolleyes:

We were aweful today, it looked like the lads didn't care we were going out. Hughes, Bernard, Jenas, Dyer and Shearer were all very poor. This season just gets worse by the minute.

The only thing we can do now is try to finish as high as possible in the league.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think that's a bit harsh on your boys... they did put the effort in but when Hyypia, Hamann and Henchoz are all on their game not much can get through them. I thought Bellamy would have been a real menace for you if he'd played especially with him and Dyer making runs off Shearer. I think Woodgate was your MOTM but Jenas and Speed were both pretty good in the centre. Overall we deserved to win but you're a very good side with unbelievable pace and you've got as good a chance as us of getting in the CL at the end of the season, especially when Bellamy and Shearer are together again.

Your fans were incredible tonight, btw. Must have been 6,000 of them. :thumbsup:

See you on the last day of the season. :skull:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I have a question to you Newcastle supporters: I realy miss Craig Bellamy on the pitch. How is he doing at the moment and when can we expect him back?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Craig Bellamy, the only striker in one of the prem's top teams to get less goals than Heskey.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bellers came through the full ninety minutes for the reserves on Monday night (GMT) and should be selected for the coming trip to St. Andrews on the 31st unless Bobby wants to ease him back in far more cautiously.

His speed and aggression have been sorely missed.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CardiffRed said:
Craig Bellamy, the only striker in one of the prem's top teams to get less goals than Heskey.
Technically true, but if you take goals to apps into account:

Bellamy's Newcastle United record is 17 goals in 58 Premiership apps (+3 as sub). (Goal/Apps Ratio of (0.278)

Heskey's Liverpool record is 36 goals in 110 Premiership apps (+26 as sub). (Goals/Apps Ratio of 0.264)

Then we paid £6m for Bellamy... you paid £11m for Heskey...

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts