Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They drawed to Everton (should have lost but the ref. was on your side), Lost to Chelsea 2-0, and NOW lost to Leicester.....while LEEDS won them all.
BUT Leeds still has to face EVERTON and WEST HAM, and LIVERPOOL plays BRADFORD and some one else.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Very informative post,thank you for telling us things we already know.

Viva Real!

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah very informative.......

Maybe Liverpool just rode a wave of luck, and it's back to the drawing board for them, ask Arsenal and Chelsea, you have to be very consistent in order to gain automatic access to the CL, is Liverpool lacking something?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well,it wasnt luck.Liverpool had many,many injuries so it was more an unlucky season.This team has class,but its quite unexprerienced I'm afraid.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Amoroso, I don't think we can put the current run down to injuries and bad luck. The team is almost back to full strength. Had we been still lacking Fowler, Owen , Redknapp and Hamann, then I think you could say it was injuries that have cost us.
Personally I feel it is down to the same problems we've suffered for the last 9 years, the inability of our team to breakdown the mid - lower table teams that get by by having an organised team, rather than skill. If you look at the points we've dropped this season, the ones I'm most dissapointed with are the defeat to Watford, the draw vs Boro and the defeat to Leicester.
I think you hit the point of inexperience quite well, I also think we are lacking width in the team, both Berger and Smicer like to cut into the middle rather than hug the line.
I've not given up hope of the champions league place, but we must win both games to stand any chance of it.
Leeds could quite possibly slip up to both Everton and West Ham, Arsenal will probably beat Chelsea and secure us the UEFA cup spot.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Anyone who uses singular description for a football club (eg, Liverpool IS, Liverpool scoreS, etc.) must have some screw loose in them.

A football team are a collection of people and should be addressed with plural terms. Therefore the correct usage should be eg. Liverpool ARE planning to sign Zinedine Zidane, etc.

Paying me for the lesson, Stojkovic? With regards to your post, ya, thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a Give the lad a break .......
on the leg or arm may be :> )
Only kiddin ..........
learing English are we ???????????????
The "and somebody else " is the best part of your post ,
take care my friend and
good luck with the English. :> )

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it just me or does Stojkovic seem to be the only Man utd fan who bothers to write in any forums? Where are they all? (not that i give a flying f..k), but it would be nice to have someone else to take the piss out of. ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Actually LFC Net I hate to correct you especially when it concerns a Man U glory hunting Borg but a team may be referred to in the singular OR plural so technically you are both correct.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
U aint pissin' me off!!!
i don't give a f..k about u wankers

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi TK and LFCNet (Les), it's me, SG Red... after much persuasion from Les I've finally decided to register.

Not surprise to see glory-hunting mancs all over the place, again :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi SG Red (or shall I call you Sean?), it's great to see you in the forum again. I also just joined a few days ago myself. So see you around!

Another ex LFC-NET forum goer who have also registered is Javier (previously "Matrix"). (Hi Javier!). Hopefully, more ex LFC-NET forum goers will register and migrate here... Btw, LFCNet, where is our dear 'Red Till I'm Dead' Dave? Did you get him to register too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts