Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benitez was quick to realise that the sooner he let Owen go the better for liverpool. This worked like magic. Now his only problem is steven G. For liverpool's sake let him be the next galactico.

The guy is dragging Liverpool down and everyone is saying he is the best liverpool player only because he is a 'local guy'.

Liverpool were doing great when he was out injured before christmas. He literally gave the league cup to chelsea. Now he is out and liverpool performed one of the greatest upset in this year's ucl.

Can someone take this overrated player away from liverpool. Benitez works well with players who are willing to work for the team. I have great respect for a coach who can turn a guy like Traore into such a great defender. Did anyone see his backheel in slow motion. Classic. :howler: Benitez does not need that "world class" player to be successful. Look at his Valencia

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Gerrard appears to have his head in the clouds. He's dreaming of Chelsea. I don't think he could give two f**ks about his current club.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think Gerrard is still the best Liverpool player and his partnership with Xabi Alonso is a solid basis to build a great team.

Having said that, it is obvious that Liverpool can also manage quite well without him.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
wow, that crack has been getting to everyone after a 0-0 draw...amazing how fast it can get around.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
papa said:
Benitez was quick to realise that the sooner he let Owen go the better for liverpool. This worked like magic. Now his only problem is steven G. For liverpool's sake let him be the next galactico.

The guy is dragging Liverpool down and everyone is saying he is the best liverpool player only because he is a 'local guy'.

Liverpool were doing great when he was out injured before christmas. He literally gave the league cup to chelsea. Now he is out and liverpool performed one of the greatest upset in this year's ucl.

Can someone take this overrated player away from liverpool. Benitez works well with players who are willing to work for the team. I have great respect for a coach who can turn a guy like Traore into such a great defender. Did anyone see his backheel in slow motion. Classic. :howler: Benitez does not need that "world class" player to be successful. Look at his Valencia

I doubt liverpool would of played last night if it wasn't for gerrard.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
take him out of the 1st leg and i doubt Liverpool would have gone through the tie.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
papa said:

How were we better off letting Owen go? Are strikers have been wank this year, where as Owen has been scoring for fun in Spain.

The only reason we werer doing great without him when he was injured is because we had a fully fit Xabi Alonso, if we had been without him for that long last year we would of been ****ed. Just wait till you see a fully fit Alonso and Gerrard in the same side- dynamite!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jern Lizardhous said:
take him out of the 1st leg and i doubt Liverpool would have gone through the tie.
And I believe he would have been carrying the team yesterday if he had been playing. How is it that every single Liverpool win is all because of him when he take so many shots and he does not have even a single assist and can't score if his life depends on it. Seriously this guy is overrated. The only thing he can do is make those horror tackles. He has been costing both Liverpool and England since he was made to be a world class player by guys like you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SM ONLINE said:
How were we better off letting Owen go? Are strikers have been wank this year, where as Owen has been scoring for fun in Spain.

The only reason we werer doing great without him when he was injured is because we had a fully fit Xabi Alonso, if we had been without him for that long last year we would of been ****ed. Just wait till you see a fully fit Alonso and Gerrard in the same side- dynamite!
It was a good move to let Owen go because building a team is not easy if you have an overrated player who is a fan favourite and is not expected to be benched. Now he can play whoever he wants without the media putting pressure on him. Great coaches do that. That's why you will never see Mourinho and Benitez going out for big names. Let the big names go to Real, Juve, Milan, Man U. We all love to see them fail with those "new Pele's".

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
papa said:
...and can't score if his life depends on it.
Yet it was Gerrard who scored against Olympiakos to carry Liverpool past the group stage.

*Poof!*

All your arguments are gone.

·
63,337 Posts
papa said:
And I believe he would have been carrying the team yesterday if he had been playing. How is it that every single Liverpool win is all because of him when he take so many shots and he does not have even a single assist and can't score if his life depends on it. Seriously this guy is overrated. The only thing he can do is make those horror tackles. He has been costing both Liverpool and England since he was made to be a world class player by guys like you.
he scores quite a few, he didn't against Juve but was still really good, you don't judge a midfielder on goals and assists, you judge them allround, i think Emerson was suitably impressed that despite slagging off almost the whole Liverpool squad he couldn't bring himself to slag Gerrard.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Mike said:
Why are people even bothering with Papa?
Beats me, I suppose this forum must be a circus and the clown is getting all the attention ;)

Gerrard has good games and indifferent games, we went to Turin needing a result without him and got one. I would put that down to Juve not being up to much and Liverpool dealing with what threat there was

But as has been pointed out already, what a stupid conclusion to draw based on a 0-0 draw :rollani:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
The only thing Emerson knows to do inside a football pitch, is hack people´s legs off. Simple as that. The guy is totally overated! Brazil won the world cup because of him :proud:

Gerrard is brilliant player. Hope he stays with LIverpool, and next season, Benitez can sign up a good midfielder to take Luis GArcia out of the team and some other guys to fill up the squad.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
reelmadrid11 said:
Liverpool needs Gerrald
Who does he play for? :D

If he wants to go then let him, I think Rafa has every chance of winning the two trophies Houllier couldn't and if he wants to go for glory with supposedly bigger clubs then good luck to him. I think Rafa can do well with or without him, why make him feel like the club revolves around him?!?!?!?

·
63,337 Posts
agreed about that, Liverpool are in a win-win situation, with the money Chavski are offering Benitez could bring in 3-5 top class players.

still don't want to see Gerrard go to the Russian themepark, it is a sad day for football when everyone just follows the shilling and dances to the Russian's tune.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts