Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are interested in luring Lazio midfielder Fabio Liverani to Old Trafford in the summer, according to reports in Italy.

The 29-year-old is enjoying a fine season with the Biancocelesti and his consistent performances have attracted a number of clubs including the Premiership outfit.

Liverani hails from Rome and has declared a desire to stay in the capital but is struggling to reach an agreement with the debt-ridden club, who risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

“I have made my demands and I have no intention of changing them,” he told La Voce Della Nord yesterday.

“Now the ball is in the club’s court, especially as we have already come down from our original request.”

Liverani, who has been at the club for five years, has asked for a £2.7m deal over five more seasons, but President Claudio Lotito is reluctant to agree to such a long deal.

United, who are seeking to completely overhaul their midfield, are looking for an experienced player in the middle and would have no problem whatsoever acceding to his £550,000-a-year payment demands as they would be acquiring him on a Bosman free.

The Premiership club, who are rumoured to be preparing to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus in the summer, have also been linked with Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso and Johan Vogel in recent weeks.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
No way would that work.

Lotito had no problem paying 32-year old Tare €500.000 a year for three years when we already had four first team strikers. Liverani is immensely more important for this team. The most important player, in fact.

Granted, five years is a long time, but he would still be younger than Tare when his contract ends. And Fabio's game is not at all based on speed so I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to make it for a few more seasons.

If Lotito screws this up, I am convinced he's on a mission to get rid of everybody who was in Lazio before him.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
What Kafka said.
It's not as if Liverani's game is based on speed anyway, he can still be very useful after four or five years. And we can hardly find an adequate replacement with the amount of money we will save from not giving him a new contract.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tolga said:
Very good, but too fragile..

He's NOT the man Man Utd is looking for, but he is a fantastic player, that much is for sure..
Man utd are looking for a attacking cm and a defensive cm,so in which category does liverani falls

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Attacking, but he's a playmaker and a playmaker only. He has great passes and a brilliant football mind but little strength and no speed. Very few Premiership sides ever use a player like him, and Man Utd certainly doesn't. Like I said, there's no way this transfer would work for either side.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Man Utd. already tried a playmaker with Veron and it dodn't work out so it would be quite foolish of them to try it again with Liverani.

Liverani is a great player but he should play in Italy and he would fail in the Premiership. In England much of the game depends on pace and that's something Liverani just doesn't have.

Anyway, isn't this just a recycled rumor from a couple of months ago?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
This is a nothing story, just a rehashed article from last month.

Geez, these guys must be really desperate. :rolleyes:

So just ignore this lame attempt to unsettle Lazio and Liverani, i'm sure he will do the right thing and resign for youse. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Yes, if Veron who is stronger and better than Liverani failed than what's the point of signing Liverani, free or not free? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But that doesn't mean it won't happen, stupid transfers happen al lthe time. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts