Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are interested in luring Lazio midfielder Fabio Liverani to Old Trafford in the summer, according to reports in Italy.

The 29-year-old is enjoying a fine season with the Biancocelesti and his consistent performances have attracted a number of clubs including the Premiership outfit.

Liverani hails from Rome and has declared a desire to stay in the capital but is struggling to reach an agreement with the debt-ridden club, who risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

“I have made my demands and I have no intention of changing them,” he told La Voce Della Nord yesterday.

“Now the ball is in the club’s court, especially as we have already come down from our original request.”

Liverani, who has been at the club for five years, has asked for a £2.7m deal over five more seasons, but President Claudio Lotito is reluctant to agree to such a long deal.

United, who are seeking to completely overhaul their midfield, are looking for an experienced player in the middle and would have no problem whatsoever acceding to his £550,000-a-year payment demands as they would be acquiring him on a Bosman free.

The Premiership club, who are rumoured to be preparing to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus in the summer, have also been linked with Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso and Johan Vogel in recent weeks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just read this myself. Fabi Liverani is a quality player. Superb range of passing and great vision. Sadly, channel4.com just recycles old rumours/news ;). Liverani's too old imo anyway.

Come on Fergie, get us Diarra and Mascherano.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
And do you think Sir Alex will sign a 29 year old for cash money????? :dielaugh:

Only if its free and there is a 29 year old on a free transfer who goes by the name of Michael Ballack. :hopefull:

·
Registered
57,704 Posts
Liverani's a class player but he'd flop in England as he's slow (Like Veron, who was quicker back in the day)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Who is Liverani? Never heard of him. Selling Ronaldo and getting Liverani?!?! Now that's a joke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts