Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing has been decided yet. Karembue should come to Arsenal, there he will get the chance to play, at Liverpool he'll just warm-up the bench.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
In the Pool forum it's said that our poor Christian has signed with them. I know this has already been touched, but isn't it sad? I mean what happened to the guy? he was so good when he arrived! Is it his or the managers fault?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Labas,its is only a rumor and thats what will proably stay.Noone in the pool forum said Karembeu is coming to Liverpool for sure.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
BTW Amo! I found you in the liverpool forum and I found it quite comical when i read you say: Our team! How many teams do you support then!? I mean I could never write "MY TEAM", about anything else then REAL Madrid(although I like many others and hate evn more :)), and i always thought Parma was your biggest passion, so how is it?

Oh and i know it wasn't confirmed, but it's very probable - you know Houlier, a Frenchman?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Houllie is not like Wenger in the sense that he buys as many French men as he can. Only Ferri and Tjorie have been brought in by him and for tiny fees.
The Karambu thing was suggested by me to back up Smicer on the right and since then a report has linked the pool to it.

BTW - I support the pool and Real avidly and consider both of them my team.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
My passion is PAOK Labas,and only...

But I have equal feelings for Liverpool and Parma,and in case of a lcahs I honestly dont know which team I would support.

Lets say this,I have the philosophy of a PAOK fan,cut and clear,but since all three team are in different leagues,I support all three of them with the same passion.

------------------

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If I were in AMO`s position, PAOK is forever. I have come up with a fact that greece has the most seriously taken by supporters ( look in the books all serie a`s who dis agree and tell me how many AEK, aris, PAOK, Panathiniakos and olympiakos have fought just to prove it).

In greece, from the impression I get, you take the team to death as shown with all the hooliganism that goes on that you are like how they are in south ameica: your team once, your team till death. like in brazil the flamengo supporters say: 'Uma vez Flamengo,Flamengo Ate Morrer!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I disagree.Hooliganism is something that we have put behind.There are of course SOME incidents but are not more than what happens in other countries.We DO support the team but no,no hooliganism...I mean,when you sign for your team half-naked in the rain its support,when you brake a whole stadium to show its hooliganism,I think we are more or less at support now.

------------------

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OK, I have my favorite down here in Poland too(KKS Lech Poznan), but for me Real Madrid is the most important! :) :) :) But still I like many teams :(only like)
AC Milan
Girondins de Bordeaux
Udinese Calcio
Arsenal
Valencia
AC Parma
Celtic Glasgow
St. Patricks Dublin

TEAMS I REALLY HATE:
FC Barcelona (MEGA SH!T!)
Juventus
Atletico Madrid
Liverpool FC (sorry pool :()
Fiorentina
Paris Saint Germain
Chelsea
Inter Milan
Borussia Dortmund
Vicenza
Vfl Bochum
Manchester United

So there you have it! My teams in + and -! hehe BUT I only love REAL MADRID CF! and am a natural supporter of KKS Lech Poznan :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I thought you'd hate Bayern after what they did to Real, twice. They also have Jeremies. I hate that guy since he came on in Euro 96 and was furious at the ref for giving a foul and it was a blatant one.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Nah, bayern's cool. I mean they're not my favorite by a mile, but still I don't detest them.

About Liverpool - I really hate the name Liverpool -it's so ugly, that's why I don't really like the club. Hope we're still friends though? :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Labas, you probably get the wrong impression when you hear "Liverpool". Don't think LIVER as an organ in the POOL of spilled guts(Yak!). Think of Liverbird, it's a beautiful mythical bird, very similar to eagle. That's what the club and the city were named after. Then maybe you'll start liking the team better. Also, keep in mind, if you change your priorities then you'll never walk alone.

As to continuing the subject, which club I could relate to as "US" it's Liverpool, and only Liverpool. No matter if they are great or bad they are my team, even if they field 11 marcians(as Houllier says), although I'd hate to see them playing like Chelsea (pathetic, sad, crappy bunch of season workers).

That's about "US". But I also have favourite teams in other countries that play in the style I like, although that might change easily depending who's playing for that team. For example, in Spain I always supported Barca because of Cruyff, but now they are my "enemies" since Macca signed for Real. The other clubs I like are :

Ajax
Hamburg
Rangers
AC Milan
Real
Anderlecht
Flamengo
MANCHESTER UNITED !!!

Clubs I don't like:
Bayern
Inter
Barca
Chelsea
Celtic
Galatasaray

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Labas - would you like the pool if Geremi went there?

Also the best thing about them is the great Bill Shankley who has the greatest quotes ever:

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very dissapointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more than that.' - my kind of guy.

Don't worry about the friendship thing as long as you keep liking Real I'm cool.

Teams I love:

Real Madrid
Liverpool
Swansea

Teams I like:

Coventry
Valencia
Roma
Parma
Monaco
PSV
most Brazillian sides
Rangers.

Teams I hate

Barce
Man U
Lazio
Arsenal
Galatasaray
Chelsea
Marseille
Real Zaragoza (any1 with Savo Misalotethings in it).

Munich are a difficult one, I like Elber, Babbel, Lizarazu and Effenberg but hate Jeremies, Kahn and the fact they beat Real twice.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Can anybody explain to me what's the story with labas's passion for Geremi? Cos I don't know and I'm puzzled...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Geremi was great for Real when Macca was injured, pure and simple. I think that's it. At the end of the day he is young and a superb prospect (hence if he goes from Real I want him to go to the pool).

------------------
Jesus misses but Inzaghi scores on the febound.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Geremi you say? I LOVE GEREMI FOTSO NDJITAP! :) That's all I have to say. I want him to stay, because I think he is better then Macca and we always need good back-up. McManaman is great of course, but he has a tendancy to drop form.

Now about the position thing we all know Geremi is D/M R, which means he can only play on the right side, but optionally as defense or midfield. On the other hand Macca is only a midfielder, but he has been changed into a left or roght midfielder at Real. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he never played on the left in pool? Well, he is doing it constantly in Real if anyone has noticed this, then they understand me.

Therefore I see no reason for Geremi to leave, as the only place in the midfield where they collide is the RM position...

Oh and I woiuldn't like Liverpool even if Geremi went (please nO!!!!!!!!). I am hardrock Dutch fan!I mean BIG TIME Dutch fan, and still I absolutely fuc*in hate Barcelona! So you see it's not that simple ;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What about if Raul, Morientes, Redondo, Casillas, R Carlos, Salgado, Savio, Helguero and Macca moved to the pool they started playing in white and purple, moved to the Bernebeu (spelling) and were sponsered by Teka. Is the name that bad for you??

Macca played on the left hand side for England in Euro 96 and was in the team of the tournament. For the pool he always plyed in the floating role (he's started to do it at Real). I think has form has been great this season when he's been in the team and fit. I like Geremi but I think Macca offers something else.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Perhaps. But I still think Geremi MUST stay. We'll be really sorry, when he become s a MEGA-STAR some day, and he will, believe me.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I agree whole heartidly, the guy is great and will become great. Let's hope it's for us (or the pool :D)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why do you think Macca has a tendency to drop form? I did not have a chance to see him playing last year, but from what I read he started brilliantly for Real and played consistently good until got injured in the game against Porto in which he was voted Man of the Match although spent only 60 min. on the field. After he got back he started slowly (it didn't come as a surprise to me considering the state of his team at that moment), but he started picking himself up and is on the rise at the moment. Isn't it so?

And Pool, I can understand other people who have not seen Macca before, therefore have no idea what level the guy is when he's at his best, but how can you compare him to Geremi? You should know there are lots of players in the world and there is only one McMan, the guy whom Pele(after Euro'96) tipped to be the star of France'98, of course the soccer legend did not expect at that time that Hoddle(the defence-minded coach) will have other ideas. And do you sincerely want Geremi to come to the Pool? The guy is good, although I'm not so much optimistic that one day he'll become a GREAT, but think!!! we don't know how to fit Redknapp and Smicer into the team, even Fowler is not sure how much he'll get to play if he stays, then there is Heggem always waiting to make a sub's bench. What would Geremi do there? Or Karembeau?
R.Carlos is a different story, he is the man we should try to sneak out of Real. Can you imagine the line of free-kick takers will be then? Berger! Redknapp! Fowler! Hamann! R.Carlos!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts