Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pointed out to me several similarities between Liverpool and Arsenal at this stage of the season last year:

-Arsenal are fighting for that 4th CL spot, just like Liverpool last season.

-Their captain's future is undecided, just like captain Gerrard last season

-Both played in Juventus in the CL quarter-final, and beat them in the first leg, at home (hopefully the similarities end in the 2nd leg, highly unlikely given our crap European form :cry: )

There are a many more....which I forgot about.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
If Arsenal win the UCL it would give the EPL an extra UCL space right?

As EPL teams have won it twice in a row.

If it happens.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Arsenal fighting it out with local rivals for 4th place as well.

This time only 4 teams get to play in the CL...winners go through and 4th place drops to the UEFA Cup.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
7aint9 said:

This time only 4 teams get to play in the CL...winners go through and 4th place drops to the UEFA Cup.

even better, no matter Liverpool's glory they never had the chance to send their rivals into the UEFA Cup, although that proved just a matter of time anyway. :lala:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Red Bed said:
Anyone have answer for my question???

7aint9 said:

we get three clubs in the group stages though Yatta, so United won't have to qualify still finishing 2nd, very lucky for you if we somehow managed to pulll it off. ;)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
we get three clubs in the group stages though Yatta, so United won't have to qualify still finishing 2nd, very lucky for you if we somehow managed to pulll it off. ;)
Nothing lucky about United right now, everything is perfect.

Shame about the midfield, had we had any maybe we would have been a lot more closer to Chelscum.

But hopefully next season United improve and also Arsenal.

I would prefer Arsenal in 3rd over Pool. :pp

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
even better, no matter Liverpool's glory they never had the chance to send their rivals into the UEFA Cup, although that proved just a matter of time anyway. :lala:
And you guys are gonna knock out Paddy's team which we didn't do with Owens. Guess Istanbul wasn't that great if I think about it overall. :lala: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Really i was thinking the same this morning ..:D Lol
Arsenal has a good chance of winning the CL

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
L-Pheno said:
Both Owen and Vieira left thinking they had a bigger chance of winning the European Cup elsewhere. :D
Hehe...yeah that's another one.
:stress:

7aint9 said:

And yet another, both teams fought with their local rivals for 4th...Liverpool -Everton, Arsenal-Spurs

Interesting........................ :veiled:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts