Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jari Litmanen made his debut for FC Lahti today (2.5) against Allianssi in the "liigacup" final. Unfortunately Allianssi won after penalties and took the trophy & the 20,000 euro prize money.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Litmanen made his debut in front of a 4,000 crowd & a large number of Lahti supporters had arrived in Vantaa to welcome Llitmanen back to the Veikkausliiga. When "Litti" ran onto the pitch in the second half he was greeted with a standing ovation by everyone at the stadium.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FC Lahti expects there to be around 15,000 spectators for their first home match in which Litmanen makes his long-awaited Veikkausliiga debut !!!!! Iit's going to be a great day for the Finnish league !!! :cool: :happy:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Litmanen makes his debut for FC Lahti !!

Frederik said:
So how was he?
He was the same old Litmanen. He dominated the proceedings on the pitch and gave some amazing passes and crosses. He has great vision and is an extremely clever player. I'd say he's one of the most entertaining players I have ever watched.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Litmanen makes his debut for FC Lahti !!

lionheart said:
He has great vision and is an extremely clever player.
That I knew. :)

Let's hope he'll stay injury free. Another long term injury wouldn't be good for him - maybe the end of his career.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It would be interesting to hear his comments on how the Finnish League has developed during his absence. I now most of us feel the league has improved significantly.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jonatan said:
It would be interesting to hear his comments on how the Finnish League has developed during his absence. I now most of us feel the league has improved significantly.
Yeah I agree. It'd be nice to hear his thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
litmanen is one of my fave players of all time along with koeman and javier zanetti.
thanx for the info, lionheart :)
i'm really proud of him as he still play football in his home town (correct me ;) )

good luck, jari!!! and i wish u all the best :) :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
lionheart, who is the hottest prospect finish player now? is it mikael forsell or is there someone else?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rascar capac said:
lionheart, who is the hottest prospect finish player now? is it mikael forsell or is there someone else?
Well Forssell was one of the best strikers in the Premier League this yr. I think the biggest up and coming names are Mika Väyrynen who is being chased by AC Milan and Alexei Eremenko Jr. who is probably moving from HJK Helsinki to Spartak Moscow.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If we look to even younger players I would say these four strikers all have the ability to become stars in the future:

Tomi Petrescu (Leicester)
Jami Puustinen (Man Utd)
Jarno Parikka (HJK Helsinki)
Mika Ääritalo (Aston Villa)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i really hope that the players u mentioned would play in premiere league so i can watch and follow their careers.

Tomi Petrescu? he has romanian name. :confused:
what's the club of Mika Väyrynen?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rascar capac said:
Tomi Petrescu? he has romanian name. :confused:
what's the club of Mika Väyrynen?
Petrescu's father is from Romania and used to play for Steaua Bucharest.

Väyrynen plays right now for Heerenveen in Holland but AC Milan and PSV Eindhoven are after his signature.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Petrescu might come and play for Romania instead.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
All the best to Jari. He will never be forgotten over here, at least not by me. :proud: :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Petrescu was rumoured to be interested in representing Romania, this was later rejected by the Romanian coach and the player himself. I think it was something created by media.

Anyways, it's been a tough year for him. I expected him to make some appearences as a sub this season but he wasn't given a chance.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Jonatan said:
Petrescu was rumoured to be interested in representing Romania, this was later rejected by the Romanian coach and the player himself. I think it was something created by media.

Anyways, it's been a tough year for him. I expected him to make some appearences as a sub this season but he wasn't given a chance.
do u think petrescu deserve it? damn, i really hope he'll play in EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, or Serie A so i can watch him

·
Registered
195 Posts
I watched him during the Under 18 (or was it 17?) World Cup in Finland a year ago and thought he was excellent. Good finishing, good vision, great passes. He was the best player in the team by a mile. In the season 2002-2003 he played a game for Leicester in the First Division, that's why I thought he would make some appearences in the PL. Hopefully he will get some chances this year when they are back in the First Divison.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts