Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ummm i dont have this list, but is just intrested if here is a list floating around thats fairly recent with figures.

if we have to compile the list ourselves,
club name / no. of fans or supporters globally / date of figure(if poss) / source.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
So what counts as fans? Season ticket holders, people who buy shirts a lot, causal watchers, or internet forum gloryhunters?

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not actually sure.

few ballpark figures ive got from scoring the web, but im unsure where they get the figures from

Kiazer Chiefs of south Africa - 16 million (wiki)
Man u - 330 million (statement made by david gill few yrs back iirc)
Flamengo - 35 - 40 million
Juventus - 130m iirc (wiki)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Those are most likely BS - i.e. unscientific or assumed figures made up by the clubs for their publicity because there's no way to measure what counts as a fan and each club has a different definition of that when they guess their figures.

There are some third party studies on a limited geographic basis (such as just in one country) using a consistent definition of what is a "fan". such as this one: http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238584

·
*the drum drum*
43,421 Posts
Fenerbahçe itself claims 30 million domestically.

I don't believe it, but it's in line with the figures above which are also self proclaimed by those clubs.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Milan have added 500 million Chinese just in the last month alone.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I guess .. Pachuca Mexico was a lot of suporters also.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Top Spanish clubs most popular in Europe

http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/166265/top-spanish-clubs-most-popular-in-europe

SPORT+MARKT surveyed around 9,600 football fans in 16 European markets with an average of 600 respondents per country, and found that Barcelona had the most fans with 50.3 million, followed by Real Madrid with 45.9 million. Manchester United (32.8 million) and Arsenal (22.9 million) make up third and fourth places.

The Top 20 Most Popular European Clubs

Barcelona CF
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Arsenal London
AC Milan
FC Bayern Munich
Chelsea FC
Liverpool FC
Juventus Turin
Zenit St. Petersburg
FC Spartak Moscow
Inter Milan
Olympique Lyonnais
Olympique Marseille
ZSKA Moscow
Wis_a Kraków
Ajax Amsterdam
Galatasaray Istanbul
AS Roma
Werder Bremen

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Confira a lista dos mais queridos do Brasil

CLUBE %
Flamengo 17
Corinthians 12
São Paulo 8
Palmeiras 6
Vasco 6
Grêmio 4
Cruzeiro 3
Internacional 3
Santos 2
Atlético-MG 2
Botafogo 2
Fluminense 1
Bahia 1
Vitória 1
Sport 1

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
juventus 130m?

hmm, seems a bit unrealistic to me... maybe 10 years ago but not now..
what the hell are you talking about.
What is famous for Juventus is that all those who follow it, become Juventini for life.
It actually infuriates me, you say such a thing. You are probably a trash fan and relate every person to yourself.

A part of me says, why respond to this, the other is doing it for the other trash fans who could be reading this to not express themselves if it will come out this shallow.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
what the hell are you talking about.
What is famous for Juventus is that all those who follow it, become Juventini for life.
It actually infuriates me, you say such a thing. You are probably a trash fan and relate every person to yourself.

A part of me says, why respond to this, the other is doing it for the other trash fans who could be reading this to not express themselves if it will come out this shallow.
Or mayby just a realist and and realises that there are glory hunting fans out there (IMO who you cant call fans) and that Juve where demoted and cheated causing them to loose these fans

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Or mayby just a realist and and realises that there are glory hunting fans out there (IMO who you cant call fans) and that Juve where demoted and cheated causing them to loose these fans
Those who were affected by the demotion im sure werent fans to begin with. To be a fan, is to be devoted to a team, and most of the time, have followed them for quite some time.

Actually you bring up a very interesting point that you or anybody can answer.

Is there any former Juve fans here, who now support a different team due to calciopoli?

I think Calciopoli in a way has made the following stronger.

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Man U 330 mil fans...whatever, where are these people in Asia...They're not fans

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
I seen a programme on Setanta Sports the other day that reflects these 'fans'.

Kenyan guy was saying how he use to support Arsenal, but since they stopped winning he switched to Man United.

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Top Spanish clubs most popular in Europe

http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/166265/top-spanish-clubs-most-popular-in-europe

SPORT+MARKT surveyed around 9,600 football fans in 16 European markets with an average of 600 respondents per country, and found that Barcelona had the most fans with 50.3 million, followed by Real Madrid with 45.9 million. Manchester United (32.8 million) and Arsenal (22.9 million) make up third and fourth places.

The Top 20 Most Popular European Clubs

Barcelona CF
Real Madrid
Manchester United
Arsenal London
AC Milan
FC Bayern Munich
Chelsea FC
Liverpool FC
Juventus Turin
Zenit St. Petersburg
FC Spartak Moscow
Inter Milan
Olympique Lyonnais
Olympique Marseille
ZSKA Moscow
Wis_a Kraków
Ajax Amsterdam
Galatasaray Istanbul
AS Roma
Werder Bremen

my thought on why barsa - RM are the most popular clubs is due to the polarization that both clubs represent and most football fans will either pick on or the other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.