Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated Results!

World Cup Qualifying Matches

04/09/04 - Italy 2-1 Norway (De Rossi, Toni)
08/09/04 - Moldova 0-1 Italy (Del Piero)
09/10/04 - Slovenia 1-0 Italy
13/10/04 - Italy 4-3 Belarus (Totti, Totti, Gilardino, De Rossi)
26/03/05 - Italy 2-0 Scotland (Pirlo, Pirlo)
04/06/05 - Norway 0-0 Italy
03/09/05 - Scotland 1-1 Italy (Grosso)
07/09/05 - Belarus 1-4 Italy (Toni, Toni, Toni, Camoranesi)
08/10/05 - Italy 1-0 Slovenia (Zaccardo)
12/10/05 - Italy 2-1 Moldova (Gilardino, Vieri)

International Friendlies

18/08/04 - Iceland 2-0 Italy
17/11/04 - Italy 1-0 Finland (Miccoli)
09/02/05 - Italy 2-0 Russia (Gilardino, Barone)
30/03/05 - Italy 0-0 Iceland
08/06/05 - Italy 1-1 Serbia & Montenegro (Lucarelli)
11/06/05 - Italy 1-1 Ecuador (Toni)
17/08/05 - Ireland 1-2 Italy (Pirlo, Gilardino)
12/11/05 - Holland 1-3 Italy (Gilardino, Toni, Own Goal)
16/11/05 - Ivory Coast 1-1 Italy (Diana)
01/03/06 - Italy 4-1 Germany (Gilardino, Toni, De Rossi, Del Piero)
31/05/06 - Switzerland 1-1 Italy (Gilardino)
02/06/06 - Italy 0-0 Ukraine

FIFA World Cup Matches

12/06/06 - Italy 2-0 Ghana (Pirlo, Iaquinta)
17/06/06 - Italy 1-1 United States (Gilardino)
22/06/06 - Italy 2-0 Czech Republic (Materazzi, Inzaghi)
26/06/06 - Italy 1-0 Australia (Totti)
30/06/06 - Italy 3-0 Ukraine (Zambrotta, Toni, Toni)
04/07/06 - Germany 0-2 Italy (Grosso, Del Piero)
09/07/06 - Italy 1-1 France (Materazzi)

Played: 29
Won: 17
Drawn: 10
Lost: 2
Scored: 45
Condeded: 19

Top Scorers

9 - Toni
8 - Gilardino
4 - Pirlo
3 - De Rossi
3 - Totti
3 - Del Piero
2 - Materazzi
2 - Grosso
1 - Inzaghi
1 - Camoranesi
1 - Barone
1 - Miccoli
1 - Lucarelli
1 - Zaccardo
1 - Vieri
1 - Diana
1 - Iaquinta
1 - Zambrotta
1 - Own Goal

Goalkeepers

Buffon
Peruzzi
Amelia
---------------
Pelizzoli
Roma
Abbiati
De Sanctis
Guardalben

Defenders

Cannavaro
Nesta
Zambrotta
Materazzi
Barzagli
Zaccardo
Oddo
Grosso
---------------
Bonera
Favalli
Pancaro
Diana
Parisi
Legrottaglie
Chiellini
Birindelli
Dainelli

Midfielders

Gattuso
De Rossi
Pirlo
Camoranesi
Perrotta
Barone
---------------
Ambrosini
Blasi
Mauri
Esposito
Fiore
Volpi
Langella
Pinzi
Cassetti
Coppola
Brienza
Mesto
Baronio

Strikers

Totti
Toni
Del Piero
Gilardino
Iaquinta
Inzaghi
---------------
Cassano
Montella
Vieri
Corradi
Di Vaio
Miccoli
Caracciolo
Di Michele
Lucarelli

Total = 59

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Lets not talk about Del Piero.
..good idea, are you reading this gba?!

Nice work Shev, but you missed out Lippi's first game, our defeat in Iceland in a friendly match, that wasn't a pretty game. :yuck:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
You also forget Lippi's very first friendly where we lost 2-0 to Iceland and he tried out players like Volpi.

So far he has called way too many players. Even though there is at least 5 debutants Id like to see in th next friendly; Falcone, Langella, Maresca, De Sanctis and Iaquinta plus the re-call of Di Natale.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
I saw all the games and I was not impressed at all, we are not "a team" yet and we are too much Totti-dependent. We struggled to defeat every opponent we met! And we lost to Slovenia (with all respect) and Iceland (with all respect, the worst Italian NT game ever).

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I saw all the games too and I think that we were not that bad Toni. I mean we were not like in 1970 but still, its a "new" team and you know how society affected our NT. Lo sai bene da te che fino a pochi anni fa manco l'inno sapevano.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont think Lippi has done great. he has 4 wins and 2 losses, its not great but its not crap either. i think the best thing lippi has done is tried all players regardless of who they play for. As long as he doesnt ignore young players and players from lower clubs, i think he would be doing his job to set Italy up for the future.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
It depends how you look at this, if you expet Italy to win like in the 70's and 80's then you will never be impressed. This is 2005 now and even England can only beat Azerbaijan 1-0 or Portugal can draw to Leichtenstein 0-0... you get what I mean?

Still, we can do better. Its what you get when you field an open minded team with just 1 creative player. For Italy to play a bit more stylish we need at least Pirlo and/or Cassano to be in the lineup alongside Totti.

A midfield of De Rossi-Gattuso is quite solid but not much more while the wings were Esposito and Camoranesi, Camo is good (but still needs to shine for Italy) but Esposito or Fiore on the left :rolleyes: is not so creative considering neither are left sided players. At least maybe when Pirlo and Cassano are re-called we can play a little better.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
Deano said:
It depends how you look at this, if you expet Italy to win like in the 70's and 80's then you will never be impressed. This is 2005 now and even England can only beat Azerbaijan 1-0 or Portugal can draw to Leichtenstein 0-0... you get what I mean?
Yes, but I prefer to think just to Italy and if we want to participate in the next world cup for sure we must be much better. The Old Cacasotto Giovanni Trapattoni at least brought us to the final phase of the world cup, I hope Lippi wil do at least the same... if he does not want to be screwed in the ass. :lala:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well Lippi needs to calm his slelections down. As I said, we have 1 more firendly, but after that I expect Lippi to have the best squad possible in his mind so that we can create a spirited group. It is hard when players like Totti, Nesta or whatever fake injury for every friendly but there you go...

·
Registered
159 Posts
i think we can start judging italy when we see the nesta cannavaro partnership and totti and cassano both playing behind a striker, preferably montella

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Deano said:

Still, we can do better. Its what you get when you field an open minded team with just 1 creative player. For Italy to play a bit more stylish we need at least Pirlo and/or Cassano to be in the lineup alongside Totti.

A midfield of De Rossi-Gattuso is quite solid but not much more while the wings were Esposito and Camoranesi, Camo is good (but still needs to shine for Italy) but Esposito or Fiore on the left :rolleyes: is not so creative considering neither are left sided players. At least maybe when Pirlo and Cassano are re-called we can play a little better.
i think lippis main problem is the right back situation. he doesnt have a world class attacking right back which would allow pirlo, totti and cassano to all play together. Milan's system would work best IMO if teh right back was as good as cafu.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
It is hard when players like Totti, Nesta or whatever fake injury for every friendly
Sorry Deano but I do not believe that personally. :)

I think that Lippi can do a better job than Trapattoni. At least Lippi makes the team "play". Oddo is a very good right back IMO. And yes I agree, we could be playing Milan style and I do think Lippi might aim for that.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Oddo isnt that great. he cant defend well but he is able to do okay moving forward. but still, imo for the team to do well that position needs a better player.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
sheer averageness is the best we're gonna get at RB at the moment. As long as they are solid, I dont mind.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts