Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marcello Lippi is the main contender to take over from Giovanni Trapattoni and concedes he would love to be Italy’s next Coach.

“To be in charge of the Nazionale is a fascinating proposition,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

“Of course I would love to take this post, but I cannot at this precise moment say where my future will be.”

The race to find the next Azzurri boss was sparked when Trapattoni confirmed he would move on – probably to the German Bundesliga – after the Euro 2004 tournament in Portugal.

Lippi has won every trophy imaginable with Juventus and seems to be in his last season in Turin.

“I could suggest a couple of names off the top of my head, such as Napoli or Sampdoria,” he continued.

“The Premier League is interesting, but I need to speak and communicate with my players, so my poor grasp of the English language would be a problem,” explained Lippi.

“The Spanish Liga is another option entirely, as I have always been curious to experience the football, the cities and the climate out there.”

In Lippi’s time at Juventus he has won five Serie A titles, a Champions’ League trophy, European and Italian Supercups and a Coppa Italia.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well, I think there is nothing to be amazed by. But if Trap is successful with Azzurri, I don't think there will be any desire to replace him.

However, I wouldn't like Lippi to leave anyway.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trap can decide he wants to leave, no one can make him stay.
Brazil manager (which I don't remember his name...) left the national team after they won the World Cup.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I could be wrong but some Italy fans I know say that they don't like Trap for one reason or another (probably tactical) and I guess Lippi would be a suitable replacement. (I doubt Juve fans would like it though);)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Great News Lippi should replace Trap a.s.a.p,Trap will only end up being another figura di merda at euro 2004.:rolleyes:
this Guy has proved that he's an utter failure.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Lippi and Trap are Italian footballs 2 greatest coaches. I can post some stats later on. For the NT I dont wantLto leave us but on the bright side it will enhance Pieros NT status;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well... Capello merits being spoken off at that level too A.Del :).

If indeed Lippi leaves... it will be extremely interesting seing who his replacement would be. Lippi's results with Juve have been outstanding, but at the same time many fans have a craving for a more extravagant style of play... the choice of coach will be uniquely important.

I personally think there's a big chance/risk that this will happen after the EURO; especially so as I think Capello will want another whack at the CL with Roma if they stay competitive for next season (dodgy finances and all).

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I'd love Juve to install Deschamps as our next coach. No plea here, but Didier is a genius to me. He'll probably be a better coach than he was a player which, as sure as 2 times 2 equal 4, is quite an achievement.

But realistically- should Lippi take charge of the Azzurri in a near future, Gigi Del Neri would probably get the plebiscite. Which is too all fine by me. He's regarded as a cunning technician, he's an adept of entertaining football, he knows how to get the better of his players, he's got charism without being bigheaded and he has sort of a similar CV to Lippi. Excellent profile.

Who else? I like Cosmi's style but having said that, I doubt he's the man for the job.

Del Neri seems less authoritative than Lippi though so it remains to be seen whether or not he can handle egos. Can he find a compromise between his ideas and what is being imposed to him? Without forcing back what made him an attractive option thus far: his conception of football.

But more importantly, what about pressure? To quote Al Pacino in devil's Advocate, some people transcend themselves under pressure, others crumble.

Back to Lippi. I wouldn't mind Lippi to continue his stint, he knows our ways hence he's a guarantee of success and titles nearly on his own. Lippi said he'd leave if Juve weren't to win the CL and I trust him on that. A man should know when to leave and that's a quality Lippi does possess. Same exact outcome if we happen to grab our hands on this CL -what more glorious moment to be going? The odds of Lippi leaving come the end of the season are thus very high IMO.

Ciao.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yup! The 3 greats:) The Mummy, The Beast and The Don :cool:

I could post the whole years, division, Position stats but I'll just give you the honours. I have the playing career stats also:D Lippi was a Sweeper and Trap a Midfielder. Lippi scored 10 goals in 11 seasons, and Trap got 3 in 13:howler:

Giovanni Trapattoni
Born: Cusano (MI), 17/3/39

Honours

7 Scudetti (1977,78,81,82,84,86,89)
1 German Title (1997)
1 European Cup (1985)
1 Inter Continental Cup (1985)
3 UEFA Cups (1977,91,93)
1 Cup Winners' Cup (1984)
1 European Super Cup (1984)
2 Italian Cups (1979,83)
1 German Cup (1988)
1 Italian Super Cup (1990)
1 German Super Cup (1997)

Marcello Lippi
Born: Viareggio (PI), 11/4/48

Honours

5 Scudetti (1995,97,98,02,03,04,05,06,07:howler:
1 European Cup (1996)
:sob: :strong: THIS YEAR!
1 Inter Continental Cup (1997)
1 European Super Cup (1997)
1 Italian Cup (1995)
3 Italian Super Cup (1995,97,02)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
stephañho said:
I'd love Juve to install Deschamps as our next coach. No plea here, but Didier is a genius to me. He'll probably be a better coach than he was a player which, as sure as 2 times 2 equal 4, is quite an achievement.

But realistically- should Lippi take charge of the Azzurri in a near future, Gigi Del Neri would probably get the plebiscite. Which is too all fine by me. He's regarded as a cunning technician, he's an adept of entertaining football, he knows how to get the better of his players, he's got charism without being bigheaded and he has sort of a similar CV to Lippi. Excellent profile.

Who else? I like Cosmi's style but having said that, I doubt he's the man for the job.

Del Neri seems less authoritative than Lippi though so it remains to be seen whether or not he can handle egos. Can he find a compromise between his ideas and what is being imposed to him? Without forcing back what made him an attractive option thus far: his conception of football.

But more importantly, what about pressure? To quote Al Pacino in devil's Advocate, some people transcend themselves under pressure, others crumble.

Back to Lippi. I wouldn't mind Lippi to continue his stint, he knows our ways hence he's a guarantee of success and titles nearly on his own. Lippi said he'd leave if Juve weren't to win the CL and I trust him on that. A man should know when to leave and that's a quality Lippi does possess. Same exact outcome if we happen to grab our hands on this CL -what more glorious moment to be going? The odds of Lippi leaving come the end of the season are thus very high IMO.

Ciao.
No Prandelli? Prandelli has what it takes to win things...he gets the best out of the Parma players who are young and misguided as he has shown so far he can keep them under-control and motivate them. I think he might be a future manager of Juve...atleast I have always seen it that way, played for Juve will manage Juve. :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Now...now kids...play nice...:D

What is it with Italian mixed with english posts? :confused:

All this talk of shit plus ass is making me think sodomy...:(

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Merda cannot be cleaned, so is that the excuse you have for not cleaning that Crap that you so constantly have dribbling from that thing you call a mouth.
You can't shut a culo then again your face resembles one.woo hoo how long did it take you to think of that?Feel the need for some attention do we?.
Maybe you should speak out of your mouth for a change,Or actually use sign language because noone wants to be bored to death by your Jibberish Merda.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts