Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 28th April 2002

Juventus coach Marcello Lippi believes Lazio can do his side a favour by beating Internazionale next week as the Serie A season heads into the final round with the Scudetto still up for grabs.

Two points separate first from third after Inter, Roma and Juve all won on Sunday.

Inter, who lead second-placed Juve by a point, face a difficult trip to the Stadio Olimpico next Sunday needing to win to be sure of clinching their first title since 1989.

Lazio face the prospect of handing the Scudetto to their bitter rivals Roma should they win the game, but go into it desperate for points themselves after defeat at Bologna on Sunday left them needing victory to qualify for the Uefa Cup.

Roma, meanwhile, travel to Torino, who would help city rivals Juventus with victory. Juve seem to face the easiest task against an Udinese side assured of safety.

"It was foreseeable that Inter and Roma would win today," Lippi said. "I have my thoughts on what will happen next, but I want to keep them to myself. I'm sure it will not be easy for any of us.

"Lazio still have a target to obtain and I'm sure they will play their match in the right way, as will Udinese against us and Torino at home to Roma.

"Of course, being on top is a great advantage for Inter. I don't think they can feel frightened by the idea of being there, but we must concentrate on winning our game as up against Lazio, nobody can be sure of winning."

Juve did their bit in ensuring another thrilling season finale by thumping Roberto Baggio's relegation-haunted Brescia 5-0 at the Stadio delle Alpi.

David Trezeguet scored a hat-trick and Alex del Piero two more as Lippi's attacking ploy, with Trezeguet, Del Piero, Marcelo Zalayeta and Pavel Nedved all on from the start, paid handsome dividends.

"I opted for this line-up as I wanted to end the game early in the first half, so I thought it best to play all our offensive cards," Lippi said.

"Zalayeta is in great condition and he showed that again. I replaced him only because I had to change things around after we had taken the lead.

"Thankfully we scored immediately after referee Racalbuto had mistakenly disallowed Zalayeta's perfectly good goal [on three minutes] for offside.

"David [Trezeguet] made amends four minutes later, showing the great strength of our attack. Everybody could see how good our forwards are, but I would like to emphasise the part Paulo Montero played despite being out of position," he added.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I prefer Inter win the Scudetto, at least they are not so nauseously like ohter 2 :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
as long as Moggi uses his dirty methods and Agnelli corrupts the FA Lazio shouldn't help them anyway... Inter deserves this scudetto even more because they are in that place whithout any help from refs or other factors.. both Juve and Roma are cheaters !

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
No. 3, I agree! I would prefer Inter to be the scudetto rather than roma or juve ... if we lost we have nothing to lose.. we're still on spot #7 ... since there are 5 points gap ... I have no idea what they should do, but I just prefer Inter !

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Lippi, ma vaffanculo maledetto gobbo di merda!!!:mad:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I really don't think we have a choice in the matter - we simply have to lose on purpose. Beating Inter would mean assisting in a robbery, and we don't wanna break the law do we? ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Don't worry guys, I'll be at the olimpico to represent you all, so if necessary I'll invade the pitch especially for you :D

P

·
0 Posts
That's great Lazio fans, while juve, inter and roma are in the CL and milan are in the eufa, you can worry about the italian cup and the Italian title. Why would you want to play in europe? But I dont blame you guys for going against Juve because if they win, they will be up by 23 titles up on you!

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
AquilaBelga said:
Don't worry guys, I'll be at the olimpico to represent you all, so if necessary I'll invade the pitch especially for you :D
Excellent, Kev! :D

Do us proud, I want to see your face on tv as they drag you away! :dielaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts