Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone have noticed that footballs clubs are divised in 2 part of fans or supporters

I noticed that

1: This part habitually loves clubs like: Arsenal, B.Dortmund, Herta Berlin, FC Barcelona, Olympiakos, FC Porto, PSG...

2: This other part habitually loves clubs like: Real Madrid, SL Benfica, AFC Ajax. AC Milan, Bayern Munchen, Olypique Marseille, Liverpool...

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think u got OM and PSG the wrong way around. PSG is the Madrid of France and OM the Barca i.e. Marsielle part of the Basque area, want independent state etc.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Wow, I'm divided into two parts then. :googly: ;) :D

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
:irritate:

Is this leading to something or will I have to close this topic?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
And I actually though by looking at the thread from the outside this had to do with Clubs Associations between different Federations of FIFA . :glasses:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Can you explain please why do you believe this?
I believe that Barcelona, Olympiakos, Marseille, Benfica, Red Star Belgrad, Liverpool, Arsenal are in the same part

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
The friendships that I know are

Olympiakos_Red Star Belgrad
Olympiakos_Barca (that one is not official)
Panathinaikos_Real Madrid
Panathinaikos_Celtic

Attachments

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I know:
Celtic - St. Pauli
Benfica - Santa Clara
Sporting Lisbon - Farense (I'm not sure about this one though :undecide: )

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Once again not a bad topic, but not suited fior the debate forum. I'll move it to the Universal Soccer forum

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Err, I don't really understand the meaning of this thread! :confused: what's this about part 1 & 2??

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Jun-Lei said:
Err, I don't really understand the meaning of this thread! :confused: what's this about part 1 & 2??
We're all as lost as when Columbus set sail for the new world !!! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
879 Posts
mutu1875 said:
I think u got OM and PSG the wrong way around. PSG is the Madrid of France and OM the Barca i.e. Marsielle part of the Basque area, want independent state etc.

err. could somebody help me with this??

My geography must be bad, because I thought marsielle was nowhere near basque country.. french part or spain part.

even better it would be nice to have a map of just exactly what is basque... is racing santander basque.. what about oviedo? is that basque or galician?

anyway.. ajax fans are often barcelona fans.. so that part is a little wrong..

other parallels: boca juniors, celtic=poor immigrants team [started by poor immigrants]
river plate, ranger=rich folks teams [river was started by rich immigrants]

other interesting tidbits: chelsea fans make the most per capita of any team in premiership.

I don't want to go any farther for fear of delving into banned topics on xtratime.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FYI: Basque (Euskera) is a language unique in that it is an ancient indo-Eruopean language that is extinct everywhere else, hence it is unrelated to any other known language group. Making it extremely difficult to learn as an adult - including most Basques.

The basque political "homeland" comprises the autonomous region(Euskadi) made up of three provinces, Guipuzcoa, Alava, and Vizcaya. The largest city is Bilbao. Basque nationalists also claim as a homeland the autonomous region of Navarra (comprising the one province of the same name) and the French Basque region.

Santander, Asturias, and Galicia are NOT basque. Galicia (4 provinces) has its own language Gallego - a medieval type of Portuguese- and culture (celtic, bagpipes,etc.) but is mostly happy to be an autonomous part of Spain.

Enough of the History lesson back to the topic:

There are linkages between clubs.

St. Pauli - Celtic have definite linkages - they have scarves with both teams colors on opposite sides.

In Spain, there is a a strong mutual sympathy between Real Madrid fans and RCD Espanyol de Barcelona supporters. I believe the the Ultras Sur and the Brigadas Blanquiazules often associate together when in each others cities - when their teams aren't playing of course.

I suppose that's because they both hate Barca which gives them something in common - also Espanyol doesn't usually challenge for trophies on a regular basis so it doesn't really threaten Madrid.

I also often find that Athletic Bilbao supporters tend to sympathize with Barcelona - I suppose due to political issues from decades ago, the fact that they haven't won anything in a while, and their dislike for Madrid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts