Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
The Maestro
1,185 Posts
Baresi would be practically out for the period of time. I'd say that Nesta is a must instead of him.

I'd select Thuram over Cafu, gram for gram in general terms.

It's strange to see Busquets in an ideal team of almost 30 years. I'd probably opt for another type of midfield.

Zidane over Iniesta for me in any system.

Cristiano Ronaldo as centre-forward is very out of position. I'd put him on the left and discard Ronaldinho, while Ronaldo would take the attacking center position.

·
Registered
47,031 Posts
Actually, Rivellino's name is correct. It's written with double L.

Rivelino, Rivelinho... they are wrong.
Rivellino is obviously correct because the Italian surname is Rivellino and that was what I meant, the way the Italian original of Bochini is Bocchini and I could go on with plenty of examples: Battistutta, Cammoranesi, Bonanno, ... the "problem" with double letters is in South America, not here.

·
oic
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Baresi would be practically out for the period of time. I'd say that Nesta is a must instead of him.

It's strange to see Busquets in an ideal team of almost 30 years. I'd probably opt for another type of midfield.

Cristiano Ronaldo as centre-forward is very out of position. I'd put him on the left and discard Ronaldinho, while Ronaldo would take the attacking center position.

Iniesta won much more than zidane.

And played clearly better.

Plus does not have 2 red cards in world cups.

And he also helps the defense.

·
oic
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Cafu is like 50 times better than Thuram as a right back.

·
oic
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Whats cristiano ronaldo position in Juventus?

·
oic
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Romário > Ronaldo fatty

·
The Maestro
1,185 Posts
Rivellino is obviously correct because the Italian surname is Rivellino and that was what I meant, the way the Italian original of Bochini is Bocchini and I could go on with plenty of examples: Battistutta, Cammoranesi, Bonanno, ... the "problem" with double letters is in South America, not here.
I don't understand your point well, but basically the correct writing is not based on the previous origin of the names, but on the legal form in which they have been registered.

By the way, I've never perceived a great problem about it in South America, except in isolated cases, and rather to a greater extent in some European and Asian countries. For example, I remember how Claudio Pizarro was systematically misspelled in European media like Pizzaro or Edwin van der Sar as Van der Saar (including misuse of capital letter).

Other examples:

Oliver Kahn -> Khan
Gennaro Gattuso
-> Gatusso
Cafu
-> Cafú
Andriy Shevchenko
-> Schevchenko

·
Registered
47,031 Posts
It's a problem of registry when their ancestors moved to South America I was referring to. SL brought back Bochini to his origins by writing Bocchini. I thought he had done the same with Rivelino because I thought his surname had been modified as well (I have always read Rivelino tbh). If he has kept the surname in its original form, Rivellino, the Italian one, good for him!

·
The Maestro
1,185 Posts

Star substitutes:

PLÁNIČKA, František (Goalkeeper)
HAPGOOD, Eddie (Left Full-Back)
MONTI, Luis (Defensive Midfielder)
SASTRE, Antonio (Attacking Midfielder)
MAZZOLA, Valentino (Attacking Midfielder)
ZIZINHO (Attacking Midfielder)
MORTON, Alan (Left Wing-Forward)
SCARONE, Héctor (Support Striker)
SÁROSI, György (Support Striker)
ADEMIR de Menezes (Striker)
ERICO, Arsenio (Striker)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts