Xtratime Community banner

Francesco Lima

• Yes, he deserves to start for Roma

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • He's not good enough to start for Roma, but he can sit on the bench

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • He's not good enough for Roma, but he can be a starter in some of the lower ranked Seria A teams

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • He's not good enough to start for any team in Seria A

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most of the Roma fans here have very low opinion of this guy. So I want to also ask about the opinion of the neutral visitors of the forum about Lima. Do you think he's good enough and deserves a starting place in our team? Do you think he's good enough to start in any Seria A team, for that matter?
BTW could one of the FM make a poll out of the first question(with the options being "Yes, he deserves to start for Roma", "He's not good enough for Roma, but he can be a starter in some of the lower ranked Seria A teams' and "He's not good enough to start for any team in Seria A"). For me the answer of both questions is definite "NO!", but I would like to hear other opinions on that.

Maybe we can get a nice discussion about what the hell Capello sees in him because frankly I don't have a clue.

He can't control the ball, he's the worst passer I've ever seen in Seria A, he can't tackle very well, his crossing is horrible. The only thing he does is running at extremely fast speed the whole game, but that's not enough for this level. He must be like the only winger in the world whose crosses go horribly wrong 85% of the time and can dribble past an opponent only by some stroke of luck.

So who is willing to take the challenge and defend Lima? ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Of course, Lima is just an uninspired hard worker... but IMO it's unfair to evaluate him a a winger, as that is not his position. If Capello is using Lima in that position it's Capello's fault, not his.

Lima is basically a "piano carrier" as we say in Brazil... a hardworking defensive-mid whose job is to block the opposition and protect the defense. Using him as a winger is an invention, and it's not fair to complain later that he's a bad winger -- he's NOT a winger at all. :mute: :rolleyes:

Of course, even as a defensive mid he's nothing to write home about. But judging Lima as a winger is like fielding Mancini as a central defender and later complaining that he's poor on aerial play... ;)

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know he's not a winger, but unfortunately cap think otherwise and right now the only place in our team where he can get a starting spot is the left wingback so I commented on his abilities as such. Not that he's been better as a central DM last year, mind you, in fact he was even worse, on the wing he can at least make some use o his quickness, in the centre he just runs pointlessly most of the time.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
As you requested, Mr. Demandred. ;)

ADDENDUM: I also added another option between starting for Roma and being rid of him entirely. I voted for the third option, btw.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Demandred said:
I wonder if anyone will vote for the first option? Maybe the Juve and Milan fans...
:howler:

Yeah, he's turning out to be their best player in a sense, isn't he...:lala:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
i voted for the first option

if candela is fully fit then i won't

because candela is my first choice
lima does wind me up when it comes to unforced errors
but he works hard and does the job

until candela is back to form
he starts for me

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
he is shocking, he is not a Serie A player let alone Roma player!!!

He has no real abilities or attributes so the question is... how did he get to that level in his career???

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
lima is a great athlete but lacks a good football brain,

candela is my first choice(when match fit)

but if he can't play, lima is the replacement as left wingback
unless there is someone who can do the job better?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I am left footed, and can run around like a headless chicken! Maybe I should play for Roma!

Did no one see that pass Lima did, where he tried to hit it cross field and it went about 15 yards behind Mancini straight to Jorgensen and Udinese created that very good chance from it?

This is what I mean, he is a massive liability. I honestly think playing Tommasi in this position would be better, but I think Candela is ready soon!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Im shocked that the first two options have actually got votes. Lima dosen't have a football brain? Thats an under-statement if ever there was one, this guy goes beyond awful, i have never seen him supply an accurate ball over 5 yards, without exaggeration. Personally, id rather have Zotti on the left wing. How in the hell Lima is playing for one of the best teams in the world just goes miles beyond me...

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D'Agostino would be much better option for the left wing. De Rossi will also be better, Tomassi too. The boys from the Primavera squad should have at least a few better alternatives for that position too.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Fabiocapello, I'm really starting to think that you are the real Fabio Capello. Two people in the world can't like Lima, just one already is too much...

The guy is a workhorse, but like everyone pointed out, he has no skills at all. I wonder how the Italian fans and press rate him...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
im not his biggest fan and i would rather play candela

but if candela is injured then lima is second best i've seen at doing the job of left wingback

u can't really put d'ago as a wing back because he can't really defend and im not sure he could handle the running

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
I used to think the same thing about D'Ago's defensive liabilities, but he really showed some good defensive work, toe-poking balls away, etc., vs. Milan. He's young. Quick. Hungry. Wants to play.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with Primo, D'Agostino showed against Milan he can defend, and that he can is quick enough. And it's not that Lima is a good tacker either...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts