Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I posted my question in the other thread, I expected it to be answered and not locked immediately. Of course, it was locked by the person whose actions I questioned with only a bare assertion that she thinks she's right. I wanted to know what OTHER FMs, CMs, etc think about it.

Everyone seems to extol the values of freedom of expression nowadays. And here we seem to have a case of a person who preaches the same but is unable to handle the questioning of her own actions.

I don't believe my question was answered (all I got was a "I think what I did was right; take it or leave it" when I expected some sort of justification from the Admins). I'm also certain that I did not insult anyone personally in that post.

Finally, I believe there was a case where an FM was criticised by other members of the management for abusing his powers by re-opening a locked thread and posting there (was it Lav or GaGa?).

Now I hope I would be able to receive a proper response. Preferably from someone other than lili this time, if she doesn't feel like giving a proper answer once again.

·
Registered
43,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for the replies.

I was an FM before and am aware that when a thread is locked, those posting replies at the time will not need to re-open the thread for the reply to be displayed.

Here, however, lili, by her own admission, made such a post. My question is whether this, as a matter of policy, is correct.

I'm quite sure it was either Lav or GaGa who was criticised (as FMs) for the same action. Does this differ for CMs or are there certain reasons for which a CM/FM can reply to closed threads?

To me, it seems slightly unfair that posters, merely by virtue of their position, are allowed to air their personal views on the issue when a decision has been taken that that will be all. Moreover, that final post seemed not to be an explanation of the management's decision but merely an attempt to get the last shot in.

·
Registered
43,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if they want to sneak in another word, then how about keeping the thread open as long as it does not degenerate into personal insults or other breaches of the rules? :)

I believe that there is something seriously wrong both in terms of principle and administration where threads are closed (and sometimes reopened) on the ground that the person in question can say what he (or she ;) ) likes but refuses to allow the discussion of things that he (or she ;) ) does not wish to hear. I'm quite content that most FMs or CMs don't do such things though. But should it be allowed by one on a continual basis?

In any case, the person I spoke about is Lav in the PD forum. I'm sure some of the Milanisti are aware of this.

·
Registered
43,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glen said:
...technicalities aside, and I'd agree with Firdaus, banning L-Pheno and noone else from the PD because of 'insults' in that tread is still ridiculous and unfair.
Glen, there seems to be a common theme here between what you mention and what I said (which includes the "technicalities") ;) .

And although you would never see me agree with L-Pheno, I do so to some extent here. But for the purposes of these threads, my main concern is with the free-and-easy exercise of powers; used quite alarmingly in some cases.

I'd like to thank Tolga for taking up this issue rather than shutting it down on sight. :)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Glen said:
...technicalities aside, and I'd agree with Firdaus, banning L-Pheno and noone else from the PD because of 'insults' in that tread is still ridiculous and unfair.
:frustrat:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
There's nothing new here, Firdaus.

It's just lili and her arrogance, I was also annoyed that she only posted on there to get the last word. :rollani:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Glen said:
Yep... anyway, is this new? I have never been banned in that forum, but as I told you once, I post less there, because there is a group of people who have total freedom to insult and be constantly agressive without any kind of punishment... and I was told the reasons and... well, I better shut up, because the "deal" is "you don't fight against them, they don't tell you anything", so I bow my head and shut up, because I don't want to fight, but it doesn't mean that it is fair and it doesn't mean that I agree with it. I don't come here to have a bad time, you know?

So I do think that El Feno was not right in what he did. I think he used too many "adjectives" that were not right, but at the same time, some people were also very agressive against him. It's like when you see a "battle" in a football game, with punches coming and going, and the ref shows the red card to one player. Well, I can even agree with the fact that the red card could be deserved, but he wasn't giving punches alone there.

About locking threads. I think it was locked because the discussion was off-topic, not because of the reason why El Feno started the thread. Personally, I never liked much to close a thread, but I understand that it depends on the person. Still, El Feno and any other have the right to defend his position. I don't know if this is the right place, or it should be just for the FMs,... I don't know. But he should be listened, that's all.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
L-Pheno said:
There's nothing new here, Firdaus.

It's just lili and her arrogance, I was also annoyed that she only posted on there to get the last word. :rollani:
You should calm down a bit too. You may have your reasons, but there is no need to use this level of agressivity.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
You should calm down a bit too. You may have your reasons, but there is no need to use this level of agressivity.
I don't think calling her arrogant is agressive, really.

I don't mean it in a malicious way.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Are you still banned El Fen?

And it's true that you shouldn't be. You did nothing that other people haven't (me included, by calling you a tosser). As Koeman already said, it's not like insults don't come and go in the PD forum. Hell, it's the only thing a certain group of people do...

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Yep... anyway, is this new? I have never been banned in that forum, but as I told you once, I post less there, because there is a group of people who have total freedom to insult and be constantly agressive without any kind of punishment...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right, TGO. I thought so.

I just had my other thread locked by someone who didn't give me a proper answer. At least these appear to be forthcoming here.

Tell me, is it right to shut down threads at one's whim and fancy? Even lili can't justify shutting down threads debating whether the Spanish as a society are racist (she being a Real fan) while, at the same time, she extols the pillar that is freedom of expression in criticising Islam with unwarranted generalisations. That's hardly consistent.

And before someone accuses me of making personal insults (all too easy in these times, it seems), I'm merely questioning the actions taken in the postion of Community Manager. I understand that there's an ignore function - why not use that and let those who wish to debate on the issue in question carry on?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Are you still banned El Fen?

And it's true that you shouldn't be. You did nothing that other people haven't (me included, by calling you a tosser). As Koeman already said, it's not like insults don't come and go in the PD forum. Hell, it's the only thing a certain group of people do...
Yep, still banned.

What I find hilarious is the "extremist" views and the "opening several threads to display an agenda" accusations. I opened one thread about muslims and the Qur'an, and that was merely to prove a point to Glen, it wasn't meant to cause trouble at all.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Firdaus said:
:D

After the debate over the recent cartoon issue, I understand that such things are okay by virtue of freedom of expression.

Surely then, this is just as acceptable? And yes, it is all my own work. Don't get jealous.
:howler: :howler:

·
Registered
43,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lite®nit said:
can you explain the art, Its a chicken nazi or a potato nazi?
It's up to the viewer to make his interpretation. I let the art speak for itself. :stuckup:

Hint: Check the feet. And note the diapers. I shall say no more. :stuckup: And it's up to you to guess who the cartoon refers to. That's the most mysterious part. :shades:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.