Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

I imagine you must feel relatively the same as I do right now when it comes to the NT. I had imagined it would end like this, but thought it would have happened a game or so ago. It would have been more merciful.

I have to admit that Italy's performance this WC didn't effect me at all. Everyhting was all wrong even before the team left Italy. And where did this Totti come from? When that golden goal was scored it bothered me like water on a duck's back. Nothing. Korea eliminating Italy was a relief, like a policeman shooting a wounded animal. However, that "wounded animal" should have made us suffer so much by being so horribly misled by such a clown who made such horrible strategy and lineup choices.

If anything, at least Baggio is on a beach somewhere having a laugh while having a Moretti beer and thanking his lucky stars he wasn't a part of this fiasco!:howler:

It'll be interesting when I visit my relatives in Italy and tell them that the USA went farther in the WC than the misled, primadonna millionaires!!:D

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Witnessing the shenanigans was so predictable, so terrible, that you're right - I just sat there and watched it develop. I knew Korea would score. And there we were - chasing them w/ Gattuso and DiLivio on the pitch and Montella, Inzaghi and company on the bench. This after being eliminated from the last 3 WCups on PKs - Trapp was going for it again. WHEN WILL ITALIAN COACHES EVER LEARN? So, so, so, so, so, so, so stupid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Primo,

I don't think they'll ever learn. Not unless there is a guy who actually knows something and is trusted. Ferrari was running in different directions until a man named Schumacher got them to be a team. Now look at them. Will that ever happen in NT soccer? Probably not in our lifetimes.

If anything, at least we have the US team to be proud of, right? They aren't paid millions in MLS and may not be the best in the world, but sure give 100% effort on the field. They also have a great leader to pick the best and play them. Period. No grudges, no favorites and most of all...no forwards out and no defenders in when down a goal!!!!

GO USA!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts